Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyrowrdw

Self administered: there is a line on the stick that is the "insert to" mark, leaving to guesswork as to whether you've gone deep enough. Couple that with a mandatory # of swirls around each nostril. They watch you while doing so, in order to correct you if wrong. Of note, your window is rolled all the way up while inserting and swirling, so to protect the worker.
Hardly invasive: The stick comes in a sealed pouch. The test site worker tears the end of off the pouch and asks YOU to pull it out, thereby removing any/all cross-contamination from them. Once complete, you break the stick in half (at the mandatory line) and self-insert it into a plastic test tube thing which is immediately capped.
Minimal exposure: both you and the worker(s) are masked, and while you are inserting and swirling, you are directed to roll your window all the way up.

I maintain it is minimal risk.
Thanks for the information. I hadn't heard about the specific procedures involved in the testing there.

oceanbreeze77

I keep seeing people say that they would only get tested if they had symptoms, and I just want to put a reminder out there that the goal was to have the ability to test EVERYONE, sick or not. This is how we get back to a semi normal life for now. We have the capacity to test everyone, as accurately and quickly as possible, we can resume some sort of normalcy. Look at sports and jobs in politics/government, there is a reason they test everybody every day.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I keep seeing people say that they would only get tested if they had symptoms, and I just want to put a reminder out there that the goal was to have the ability to test EVERYONE, sick or not. This is how we get back to a semi normal life for now. We have the capacity to test everyone, as accurately and quickly as possible, we can resume some sort of normalcy. Look at sports and jobs in politics/government, there is a reason they test everybody every day.
Do you get tested once a week?

oceanbreeze77

Do you get tested once a week?
While I was working yes, at the beginning of the summer (may/early June) I did. I had no reason to get tested, this was personal choice. And then we had massive outbreaks here and all of the appointments were taken. But now I'm furloughed from work and haven't really gone anywhere. I will be getting tested soon, as I plan to move back in with my parents to save money for a while. I will probably be in full isolation once I move in with them as my dad is very high risk.

sullyinMT

This isn’t true of every locale. I’ve yet to be tested, and couldn’t be if I wanted to be. My son caught something from somewhere but came back negative when symptomatic and tested. So the rest of the family didn’t have a test available. It’s frustrating, but it is what it is.

PS- hopefully your employment status changes for the better soon. Sorry to hear of the furlough.

easyrowrdw

They have only implenmented the fines cause they have found that the reason for the rise in cases here is from people having parties and not social distancing. They have tried being nice about it but it wasn't working. We went from having 110 cases per day to over 400 today. 40 of which trace back to a party at a cottage a week ago.
Okay.

oceanbreeze77

So you had a specific reason for being tested weekly. And will soon have another reason to get tested once again.
But anything regarding the return to normalcy can be a reason to get tested. Thats why the goal was to have enough testing capacity for everyone at any time. Going out to eat, going to small gatherings, someone who shops all of the time, all things someone may wanted to get tested for.

oceanbreeze77

This isn’t true of every locale. I’ve yet to be tested, and couldn’t be if I wanted to be. My son caught something from somewhere but came back negative when symptomatic and tested. So the rest of the family didn’t have a test available. It’s frustrating, but it is what it is.

PS- hopefully your employment status changes for the better soon. Sorry to hear of the furlough.
Thats why the goal was (hopefully still is) to have the capacity to test everyone.

And thank you. I'm lucky to have some money saved up, and not too many student loans so I should hopefully be good for a while.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But anything regarding the return to normalcy can be a reason to get tested. Thats why the goal was to have enough testing capacity for everyone at any time. Going out to eat, going to small gatherings, someone who shops all of the time, all things someone may wanted to get tested for.
Sounds like your state may need to increase availability if the demand outweighs the supply.

sullyinMT

Thats why the goal was (hopefully still is) to have the capacity to test everyone.

And thank you. I'm lucky to have some money saved up, and not too many student loans so I should hopefully be good for a while.
I think it’s the goal for populated areas. I’m in no mans land caught between “major city” and “middle of nowhere.” It seems a lot of areas out here have decided to bury their heads in the sand and pray for a vaccine. Luckily, for now, our clinics and hospitals are busy but not overwhelmed. We have a National Guard hospital waiting in storage for rapid deployment if it gets too crazy.

oceanbreeze77

I think it’s the goal for populated areas. I’m in no mans land caught between “major city” and “middle of nowhere.” It seems a lot of areas out here have decided to bury their heads in the sand and pray for a vaccine. Luckily, for now, our clinics and hospitals are busy but not overwhelmed. We have a National Guard hospital waiting in storage for rapid deployment if it gets too crazy.
Hopefully they never have to use it.🤞

ToTBellHop

Match.com asks all users get tested before moving to 2020 3rd base and meeting for the first time off Zoom.

SamusAranX

Your insurance didn't counter back? Or you voluntarily paid for the test(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom