Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have no issue with Fauci expressing his expert opinion and doing his job. But when he says something that may, in his own words, happen with masks, I’m not going to treat that as any sort of definite. I tend not to take the opinion of just one person as the gospel. But I do appreciate his expertise and am glad we have him available. He’s a key voice.
Nobody should take it as a definite. He‘s actually pretty humble and often states that this is a novel virus so we don’t know a whole lot for certain. I think it’s just sour grapes because he says stuff in opposition to some people’s narratives and/or people playing politics when they hold him up as an arch enemy of the people. It’s on the long list of ridiculousness that we’ve seen during this pandemic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
His developed therapies for like 4 or 5 formally fatal diseases. The guy has more credentials then most in his field has ever had.
Sorry for the rant and being long winded but when I see someone(not you) on a Disney forum, spouting off about something he said that wasn’t right months ago it just irks me.

that’s the thing isn’t it. For all his credentials he has made mistakes or has been off here and there. I don’t blame him for that because much of this is new territory. But I keep that in mind when he states would may or could happen, because no one is perfect. He also rarely passes up a question so he does provide a lot of opinions. Not something I fault him for necessarily but that can open yourself up for an inconsistency from time to time.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nobody should take it as a definite. He‘s actually pretty humble and often states that this is a novel virus so we don’t know a whole lot for certain. I think it’s just sour grapes because he says stuff in opposition to some people’s narratives and/or people playing politics when they hold him up as an arch enemy of the people. It’s on the long list of ridiculousness that we’ve seen during this pandemic.
Maybe. I also see some hold him up as the savior, like some sort of deity. As I said, I don’t really have an issue with him.

DisneyDebRob

This exactly. No one can convince me of anything else then it’s about people’s narrative. When he started disagreeing with some people above him because what they were saying had no basis in the actual science, almost immediately he became a whipping boy. Doesn’t know what he’s talking about.. he was wrong on something months ago. We know the deal. Just don’t understand it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This exactly. No one can convince me of anything else then it’s about people’s narrative. When he started disagreeing with some people above him because what they were saying had no basis in the actual science, almost immediately he became a whipping boy. Doesn’t know what he’s talking about.. he was wrong on something months ago. We know the deal. Just don’t understand it.
I understand it perfectly. :cool:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And there are different people who can’t stand Dr Birx. They have both been around long enough to know the game. I’ll leave it at that.

Lilofan

Isn’t he just doing his job? So should he only comment on things that have case controlled studies or higher? So if we have an outbreak of a novel virus and they ask his opinion he should say nothing? Leave it the politicians or the public to decide on their own maybe?
If we leave it all to DC, we are all in trouble. I've noticed mask wearing is based on current views.

JoeCamel

One of the points is that he's in attendance at a major league baseball game, which everyone who isn't in the ruling elite here in the U.S. is prohibited from going to. Another point is that he has his mask off "outside with no one else around", although many things he's said have contributed to polices at universities (and elsewhere), such as UCF here in Orlando, that prohibits this very thing.
And in that photo, I can clearly see both of his hands and there's no water in either of them. If the CMs walking around at Disney Springs catch me doing that, guess what they're gonna say? I already know because it's happened before.
In short, I can't believe anyone puts any stock into what this hypocritical quack says about anything, much less something that is costing people's lives.
Phone in his hand and water bottle at fingers reach. I get it, it is a bad look but I still listen to what they have to say. Hypocrisy is everywhere in this world if you look for it, kinda the human condition

Last edited:

MrHappy

One of the points is that he's in attendance at a major league baseball game, which everyone who isn't in the ruling elite here in the U.S. is prohibited from going to. Another point is that he has his mask off "outside with no one else around", although many things he's said have contributed to polices at universities (and elsewhere), such as UCF here in Orlando, that prohibits this very thing.
And in that photo, I can clearly see both of his hands and there's no water in either of them. If the CMs walking around at Disney Springs catch me doing that, guess what they're gonna say? I already know because it's happened before.
In short, I can't believe anyone puts any stock into what this hypocritical quack says about anything, much less something that is costing people's lives.
You’re funny

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When you throw out the first pitch at a game they will let you stay to watch it. Is this what people are really worried about in a pandemic? You do know that Trump appointed him a member of the task force and Pence runs the task force right? If he‘s such a horrible person and knows nothing, as some here suggest, why don’t they get rid of him. Isn‘t that a massive failure of the current administration? Seems to me like a complete lack of leadership to allow a hypocritical quack to advice you on the single most important issue facing the country.

GimpYancIent

If he's a "hypocritical quack", then who do you put your faith in as an expert?
I would use the term TRUST not "faith" when referring to medical personnel. They are not god's, in most cases highly skilled professionals, dedicated and worthy of being trusted with health issue's. Even the most skilled still make miss judgements also being human do things not related to medicine and relax. Dr. Fauci has been the cool head in the room when under scrutiny impressive since public relations is not part of the required skill set for a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom