Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantor

Oh, I'm sorry. You can't because you think moderators of this website won't allow it?

Please.

Don't bring them into this.

The moderators of this site are the most down to earth people I've ever known in my long history of being on the internet, and our little discussion doesn't "censor" you.

Post the links or don't.

LOL now you must be messing with me. I did post the links but the forum software didn't like them for some reason. I even tried posting it with the link to the Chinese research article removed (it had a .cn domain which could concievably set off some kind of spam filter) and only a link to the post article but the post was still blocked. I assume the mods are asleep for the night which is why I replied with the article names and the name of the publication where they could be found. The mods seem like lovely people but even lovely people need to sleep sometimes. If you think I've made up the stats and can't be bothered to copy and paste the article name into google then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the morning for the mods to approve my post.

I'm off to bed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
LOL now you must be messing with me. I did post the links but the forum software didn't like them for some reason. I even tried posting it with the link to the Chinese research article removed (it had a .cn domain which could concievably set off some kind of spam filter) and only a link to the post article but the post was still blocked. I assume the mods are asleep for the night which is why I replied with the article names and the name of the publication where they could be found. The mods seem like lovely people but even lovely people need to sleep sometimes. If you think I've made up the stats and can't be bothered to copy and paste the article name into google then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the morning for the mods to approve my post.

I'm off to bed.
CCP stats?

Thanks.

Nite.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I have a post with links waiting for moderator approval.

There's an article from China CDC weekly with lots of data showing, among other things, that 13.8% of cases are severe and 4.7% are critical. The article is called "Vital Surveillances: The Epidemiological Characteristics of an Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) — China, 2020"

There's a Washington Post article called "Coronavirus in Italy fills hospital beds and turns doctors into patients" that says:

I got an interesting return from chinacdc.cn . pretty sure it is not what it seems.

WHOIS search results
Domain Name: chinacdc.cn
ROID: 20030312s10001s00042502-cn
Domain Status: ok
Registrant ID: sfn4552051254577
Registrant: 中国疾病预防控制中心
Registrant Contact Email: zhangye@chinacdc.cn
Sponsoring Registrar: 北京中科三方网络技术有限公司
Name Server: cns1.zdnscloud.net
Name Server: dns1.zdnscloud.info
Name Server: ins1.zdnscloud.com
Name Server: vns1.zdnscloud.biz
Registration Time: 2003-03-17 12:20:05
Expiration Time: 2030-03-17 12:48:36
DNSSEC: unsigned

WHOIS search results
Domain Name: ZDNSCLOUD.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1610923355_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.paycenter.com.cn
Registrar URL: http://www.xinnet.com
Updated Date: 2019-12-17T09:00:44Z
Creation Date: 2010-08-13T09:09:16Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-08-13T09:09:16Z
Registrar: Xin Net Technology Corporation
Registrar IANA ID: 120
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: supervision@xinnet.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.1087127926
Domain Status: serverDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited
Domain Status: serverUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverUpdateProhibited
Name Server: CNS1.ZDNSCLOUD.NET
Name Server: DNS1.ZDNSCLOUD.INFO
Name Server: INS1.ZDNSCLOUD.COM
Name Server: VNS1.ZDNSCLOUD.BIZ
DNSSEC: unsigned

TrojanUSC

Wholly unverified at this point but the FD Manager at our resort tonight was saying they are likely to start phase closing the hotels starting next week (slowly moving remaining guests into a couple of hotels) until all guests have checked out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That being said, Iran is not exactly warm in the winter. The average high temp in Tehran, the main hotbed in Iran during the month of Feb was low 50s and the average low in the 30s, and sometimes hitting below freezing. Not exactly what most would call warm weather.

Have you checked the weather in Tehran? Because, I did before I made that assertion.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As an anti-spam measure, new accounts can't post links without mod approval.

See... you don't know everything.
Oh. Well, true.

I never claimed I did. I just am really tired of people claiming they know things because they heard things.

If he claims to know something, let him prove it.

disneygeek90

Wholly unverified at this point but the FD Manager at our resort tonight was saying they are likely to start phase closing the hotels starting next week (slowly moving remaining guests into a couple of hotels) until all guests have checked out.
I’d guess that means they’re assuming the resort closure lasts well past the 31st if they’re planning on phasing out hotels.

Captain Neo

Yeah let’s be honest here that’s not happening.

It’s highly unlikely this will be contained at this point so the best thing you can do is follow WHO advice and in general go about your life as normal. Remembering that most people who get it won’t even feel ill.

Posting on a Disney forum telling people to cancel their thousands of dollar trips isn’t going to be very popular 😆

You were saying?

Giss Neric

I'm thinking since Disney Springs and the Resorts are the only ones open, I might just check out the restaurants that I wanted to go to but haven't.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
You do know we have this at the CDC as well?

I was just posting the story he was talking about. The data doesn't seem to match other sources I have seen, but that may be because it cuts off 2/11 for some reason.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
My concern is many things won’t reopen. Anything that is equity heavy in particular.... hoop dee doo, laugh floor, voices of Liberty, castle show, streetmosphere, etc.

Also CM heavy minor attractions like planet watch...

I'm sure pay-for events like Hoop-Dee-Do are safe because... they're paid for.

For EPCOT, every national pavilion has a live entertainment act, so, I don't see Voices of Liberty as being in trouble, especially since those singers are often used for that events, e.g., Candlelight Procession.

And a Castle Show is a staple.

But... yeah, the pop up streetmosphere that doesn't have show times is always liable to get the axe.

Oh, no... just thought of something... what about the goats?!!!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So scary.
No disease ever has ever been able to transfer itself to another host so fast as this.

It's gonna kill everyone!

Rich Brownn

It’s not the flu. It is a specific mutated strain of coronavirus. We have loads of coronavirus (I am a respiratory therapist) patients, they are not covid19.
The flu is worse and has killed WAY more.
This is a respiratory virus only it won’t affect anything else.

it will give you pneumonia type symptoms and fever.you will recover fine. The people who need to worry are elderly and immunocompromised.

take precautions
You are right! It's actually WORSE than the flu! (mortality percentage is higher. Infection rate is higher).

Ojo4

People need to come to grips that the parks will be unrecognizable when the parks open back up. It took the parks about 4 years to fully recover from 9/11, and its already been established this is much worse than 2001. Nearly every segment of TWDC is either shut down or winding down, it is going to take years to see the parks back up to the level of investment and general show quality we have enjoyed the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom