Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I will also like to add that for the elderly also consider what they come in contact with ie the mail. How long it can live a surface has been up for debate but I have been told up to three days, so I am holding my mom's mail for 3 days before dropping it off.
The USPS thing actually came up in a meeting today I sat in. We aren't sure what will happen, but it really screws with things if USPS goes down.

Buzzd

Think about it from the business perspectivesm the travel ban had hurt all the international guests as well as the panic. It is likely not due to the actual concern of the illness, it is just hard for the parks to survive when most of Europe and many other areas of the world can not travel at this time.
They're paying cast members through the closure, though. I think it's due to a mix of perception to the company and a legitimate concern over the spread of the virus - and I'll define "concern" as "pressure by local, state and federal entities"

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
373E9CC7-F30D-43AF-AB08-19919849C3D8.gif

celluloid

Paying employees is great and to keep them, but the loss is bigger if there is not enough people in the park daily to but food and merch and the PR risk as you of course brought up. Cheaper to pay hourly what they would make the next two weeks.

DisneyDebRob

I sure will.

As you are well read on the subject, have any links?

Here’s a few. Happy reading. 🙂

disneyREINA

It’s not the flu. It is a specific mutated strain of coronavirus. We have loads of coronavirus (I am a respiratory therapist) patients, they are not covid19.
The flu is worse and has killed WAY more.
This is a respiratory virus only it won’t affect anything else.

it will give you pneumonia type symptoms and fever.you will recover fine. The people who need to worry are elderly and immunocompromised.

take precautions

lisa12000

On the UK forums we have a lady who is out in Florida now - there is a lot of confusion (im assuming she will be onsite), not sure what happens to their holiday, she's worried that she may just have to leave (she literally had 11 out of her 14 day holiday left) and she will get nothing refunded of course as she's already there and WDW isnt totally closing - obviously I realise this is a very recent thing but they havent really been told anything .

Nubs70

Anyone else renting dvc points thru David's. I did an online chat yesterday with them. They basically said tough luck on a refund. It's an owner by owner basis. I said although "pandemic" isnt explicitly noted in the agreement, there must be some alternatives. They then said we'll see what the rules are if the parks close during my scheduled visit (May 1).
Truly bizarre and something people will tell their grandkids about.
We are experiencing the largest civil disruption since WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom