Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

According to Wikipedia there are 325 hospitals in the state of FL so 56 is about 17% of hospitals. Not time to panic yet but a substantial number of regular hospitals. There will likely be levers pulled soon to setup overflow hospitals and increase capacity. Worth keeping an eye on.
Yes I agree, but Its kind of sobering to see it go from 43 to 56 in 24 hours.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes I agree, but Its kind of sobering to see it go from 43 to 56 in 24 hours.
They really have to watch...

Discarding the current bad PR campaign of “only deaths matter!”....because it’s stupid...hospital capacity has to carefully be watched.
Remember it’s not just corona and ventilators...it’s lack of space for all the other run of the mill life ending crisis....

No room at the inn costs lives.

In all seriousness.

oceanbreeze77

Discarding the current bad PR campaign of “only deaths matter!”....because it’s stupid...hospital capacity has to carefully be watched.
Remember it’s not just corona and ventilators...it’s lack of space for all the other run of the mill life ending crisis....

In all seriousness.
yes, people need to realize the chain. More cases= less/no hospital space and No hospital space= more unnecessary deaths. They data is all intertwined with each other.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
yes, people need to realize the chain. More cases= less/no hospital space and No hospital space= more unnecessary deaths. They data is all intertwined with each other.
What it comes down to...and we have the same 5 or so people banging the broken drum against all day, everyday...is more covid spread is bad. There is literally no medically backed upside at this point.

To continue to downplay it and let the hoax dream live is just silly and counterproductive.

No need to try to come up with reasons why it’s not bad.
It doesn’t have to be lethal to everyone in every case for the collective of us to want this gone like...well...the plague.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

In all seriousness.
The “ only deaths matter” is just the talking point for now. We’ve seen it change multiple times over the last 2 months. Hang your hat on the best figure you can until that goes away and start a new one.
None of us want what’s happening now. Our country is spiraling out of control with the spread. We need to do something and fast or the recovery will be far worse then what they are complaining about for being in a lockdown for 2 months.

oceanbreeze77

The “ only deaths matter” is just the talking point for now. We’ve seen it change multiple times over the last 2 months. Hang your hat on the best figure you can until that goes away and start a new one.
None of us want what’s happening now. Our country is spiraling out of control with the spread. We need to do something and fast or the recovery will be far worse then what they are complaining about for being in a lockdown for 2 months.
I'm definitely a more sensitive person when it comes to stuff like this, but I just dont understand anyone looking at this situation and going "MEH 🤷‍♀️"

mrs moon

Employees (CMs) in some jobs have to wear both. Jobs where close contact with customers are necessary such as hair and nails
how can anyone cut hair wearing a visor?...its plastic to look through not glass and yet they all are! Even though i work in a hospital and only wear a mask!..They mainly look at the back of someones head.it dosnt make sense.how can they cut staight looking through that!

Miss Bella

how can anyone cut hair wearing a visor?...its plastic to look through not glass and yet they all are! Even though i work in a hospital and only wear a mask!..They mainly look at the back of someones head.it dosnt make sense.how can they cut staight looking through that!
I agree looking through those things is weird and semi-distorted. I only wear one if I know the patient is covid positive. No ones cutting my hair with that on. LOL

lewisc

I agree looking through those things is weird and semi-distorted. I only wear one if I know the patient is covid positive. No ones cutting my hair with that on. LOL
You have to assume in the course of a day multiple customers will be asymptomatic positive. At first thought it doesn't sound right but a person cutting your hair is going to be within a foot of you for what 20 minutes? Maybe more? A medical professional taking blood, checking your BP or setting up an EKG maybe a minute or so?

I don't know how many areas require masks and face shield. Which do you prefer? Getting your hair cut by your spouse or by a hair dresser with a plastic shield?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Patcheslee

This is the AHCA's dashboard for hospital and ICU capacity, updated this AM

It's one datapoint since it doesn't show trends over time, but there are indeed a lot of hospitals with zero ICU capacity.
It's also a little misleading because the hospitals have shut down units and those have not been included in the number.
"A spokesperson for AdventHealth said the hospital system has available hospital bed capacity and the number on the AHCA dashboard does not reflect the actual number of available beds."

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I used the wrong possessive. I really hope their math is wrong.
the math doesn't make sense, at all.
...borderline stupidity.

The idea that testing of just Florida staff (it’s the middle of the summer - by the way) would bring a statistical average down 10 points in a state of 20,000,000...
...needed to be rejected right at the start
I am going to put this as delicately as I can. These posts are embarrassing. READ the article. The percentages aren't for the entire state. They investigated locally. They are a local newspaper. Those are local numbers. The UF numbers are in your face and obvious, the 13.7 to 3.9 is for UF.

Now, if you want to believe only the labs reporting for UF are doing this, then fine. That's, I guess, a position you could take.

Before you declare something borderline stupidity, make sure you aren't condemning yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom