Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wish I knew if by October or December things will be back to normal or not. If what is currently in place when it opens in July is like that the remainder of the year, I won’t be going like most I’m sad to say.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens but I’m really hoping some of these changes/restrictions are short lived. I did notice the October hours have been updated to the restricted times however.

what do you think about how long these changes will last?

JoeCamel

I wish I knew if by October or December things will be back to normal or not. If what is currently in place when it opens in July is like that the remainder of the year, I won’t be going like most I’m sad to say.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens but I’m really hoping some of these changes/restrictions are short lived. I did notice the October hours have been updated to the restricted times however.

Life is a crapshoot, roll the dice.

Tom P.

Disney is a highly risk-averse company. They are not even opening the parks until mid-July, nearly a month and a half after Universal. Although none of us knows for sure, I can't imagine they would have significantly changed their procedures by October unless there is some truly dramatic change in the COVID-19 situation.

sbunit

i currently have a trip planned in early December. I’m on the fence as I think during the later portion of the year depending on certain things (the election, political climate and agenda, what the media chooses to report on ) that could be a real sweet spot. Possibly lower than average crowds and back to normal policies.

that’s my hope but I’m not banking on it. Mid August is going to be my personal deadline to make a decision. If the restrictions are still in place in any capacity and more importantly if future park hours or ADRs are still limited I’m going to reschedule the trip to spring 2021. But I do think late 2020 is a sleeper and could be a phenomenal time to go

Hours have been changed through October. Magic Kingdom shows closure at 7:00 until then as well so that means no fireworks at minimum.

peter11435

Hours have been changed through October. Magic Kingdom shows closure at 7:00 until then as well so that means no fireworks at minimum.
Likely

However this is still all very fluid. These reduced park hours could be extended well beyond October. Conversely park hours could be revised and partially restored before October. It’s all going to depend on how the next few months progress.

DisneyCane

If your numbers are right that means 52% weren’t in nursing home? That’s a pretty big number.
The numbers are correct. You can see them in the detailed PDF report.

The point is that the fatalities of nursing home residents are extremely disproportionate to the percentage of the population that lives in nursing homes (around 0.3% of the state population by my best estimate). This population is not effected in any way by WDW with the restrictions in place at those facilities.

Also, 85% of fatalities are over 64. If people over 64 don't visit WDW and people under 65 don't visit if they can't stay out of prolonged, close contact with people over 64 for two weeks after their visit, WDW is a very low risk contributor to the general population.

DisneyDebRob

The point is that the fatalities of nursing home residents are extremely disproportionate to the percentage of the population that lives in nursing homes (around 0.3% of the state population by my best estimate). This population is not effected in any way by WDW with the restrictions in place at those facilities.

Also, 85% of fatalities are over 64. If people over 64 don't visit WDW and people under 65 don't visit if they can't stay out of prolonged, close contact with people over 64 for two weeks after their visit, WDW is a very low risk contributor to the general population.
I understand what your saying but the last paragraph of your post will never happen. It would be ideal but to expect people to not have close contact with family or anyone else after their vacation is a pipe dream. They are having a problem doing it now. Also to expect families to leave their parents home while they visit, or to have people, like DVC members and others that don’t have kids and are older to not go is also unlikely. I personally know 4 DVC families with no kids, 2 of the families are 60 and above. I see your point but you are talking best case scenario.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Likely

However this is still all very fluid. These reduced park hours could be extended well beyond October. Conversely park hours could be revised and partially restored before October. It’s all going to depend on how the next few months progress.

Yep - that's why I'm letting this all play out with the hope that things return to a bit more like the old normal by December. I'll wear a mask - that's fine - but I really want the freedom to move between parks without a reservation system in place. Hopefully over the next few months, Disney will be able to refine a virtual queue system and expand cashless ordering which will become normal operating procedure. That would be great. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to pay for a deluxe resort when I have to keep to an overly rigid park entry schedule with limited hours....only time will tell.

DisneyCane

I understand what your saying but the last paragraph of your post will never happen. It would be ideal but to expect people to not have close contact with family or anyone else after their vacation is a pipe dream. They are having a problem doing it now. Also to expect families to leave their parents home while they visit, or to have people, like DVC members and others that don’t have kids and are older to not go is also unlikely. I personally know 4 DVC families with no kids, 2 of the families are 60 and above. I see your point but you are talking best case scenario.
I don't disagree. It comes down to personal choice and responsibility. Most post visit, prolonged, close contact will be with family members. It is their choice whether or not to avoid it.

Kevin_W

Ohio's stats are similar: >2000 deaths and I believe a bit over 300 of those have been outside of a nursing home or prison. And this is with ~1% of the population in nursing homes and ~.5% in prisons. Median age of death is 81, though mean age is in the 50's since it's not a Gaussian distribution.

Giss Neric

You sound cranky and upset. Maybe going outside to take a walk might help. You won’t even need to wear a mask.
He has always been more Universal than Disney. He denies it but his posts have always been how Universal is doing things right while Disney is failing. He's not fooling anyone here. He should just be at Inside Universal forums but it's boring there.

Giss Neric

I love the short memories everyone has. I saw NOBODY thinking Disney would open in July until very recently, probably when it was known Universal was opening soon.

Plenty of folks said Epcot was done for the year. People were saying not till after summer.

I mean, until Universal's move, many were saying the whole country would be closed for a lot more time.

But, yeah, sure,you all thought this would happen...
Aren't you so happy that your favorite park pressured the other park to open? Universal has paved the way for everyone to follow and you are so proud of that and would like to shove it on everyone's faces.

I wanna see you be there on June 5 and document it here or else you're a fake fan.

fvrs7189

I am slated to be there over Halloween. I noticed that MK changed their hours from 6pm to 7pm. 6pm was to allow for MNSSHP to start and remove guest I would expect. Does this mean that the Party will not happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom