Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianstl

Apparently unless amusement seekers are handheld by these companies with lines on the ground no one can figure out what 6 feet means.

Enjoy the parks while they are still open folks.

From that angle you really can’t tell how far each group is apart from each other. I find it interesting that many of these people don’t know how to social distance photos come from similar bad perspectives.

brianstl

Yes, people will get closer than the 6 foot guideline, it's inevitable.
But you really can't get a good sense of depth from that shot, as it is at a bit of an angle - and photos are poor at showing depth.
Some of the people closer together could be family.
You beat me to it.

DisneyDebRob

From that angle you really can’t tell how far each group is apart from each other. I find it interesting that many of these people don’t know how to social distance photos come from similar bad perspectives.
The one photo was from a person that was there and took the picture from in line. She said there was very little social distancing. I posted it a few pages back from this morning, not the one I think you were talking about.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Just read something saying that masks kind of eliminate the need for being 6ft away. Distancing is a safety precaution in case the wearer doesn't wear the right kind of mask or utilize the mask correctly. And doing both of them correctly is overkill. Looks like dummies ruin it for the rest of us. Just repeating it since it's relative to opening conditions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s not exactly what Disney was trying to warn guests about.
“Reading between the lines”

Actually...it seems more like “ugh...we are trying to wait and people keep messing with us”

I’ll just restate my opinion: they know masks are bad for business. And they’re not in a hurry to bring back all that overhead.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sometimes bad perspectives are used deliberately depending on the motive of the photographer.
Indeed. We’ve seen depth of field tricks being used by the press with ulterior motives recently. Long lens beach shots have been the favourite trying to lie that the beaches were crowded. Someone else posted a video of the same beach but from the side that showed groups of people a good 15-20 ft apart minimum.

I’m not saying social distancing has been ignored by some. It has and I hope only they have to deal with the consequences. But the press overall loves a bad story.

Heppenheimer

My experience, along with wife’s is we both had flu shots at least the last 20 years and we have never gotten the flu either so it works both ways I guess. I always side with science and something that puts more of the odds in my favor.
Yup, I work in health care, so I've been required to get the flu vaccine yearly for about 20 years. The only time I ever felt I'll was with the nasal vaccine, and I've not caught the flu at all in those 20 years...

... but personal anecdotes are useless for determining health policy. Numbers are what count, and the population numbers are clear. Even in years where the flu shot misses the mark, widespread vaccination still reduces transmission to a significant extent.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sometimes bad perspectives are used deliberately depending on the motive of the photographer.
Indeed. We’ve seen depth of field tricks being used by the press with ulterior motives recently. Long lens beach shots have been the favourite trying to lie that the beaches were crowded. Someone else posted a video of the same beach but from the side that showed groups of people a good 15-20 ft apart minimum.

I’m not saying social distancing has been ignored by some. It has and I hope only they have to deal with the consequences. But the press overall loves a bad story.
...and yet...

Do you have any doubt of the widespread stupidity/carelessness?

I did on my first day on the planet...but not all the days after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom