Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawg G

There’s a whole thread on WDW reopening estimates where the NBA deal has been talked about extensively. The short summary is, yes it could be part of the delay. Last I heard the NBA commissioner said they were down to 2 locations WDW and Vegas and there’s a possibility they do both with Western Conference in Vegas and Eastern at Disney. Games would start in July and last about 2 months. The commissioner also said they would make a decision in the next 2 weeks. Players have been told that they would get more details June 1. All signs point towards an NBA decision in the next week to 10 days. If Disney is really in the mix but it’s not certain then that is absolutely a big driver in the delay. They would need to know which resort the NBA would be using (if any) and work on cancelling those reservations up front and moving people around. The front runner right now seems to be CSR as the location has the new tower, conference space that the teams and media could use and it’s isolated location. There’s also a rumor one of the All Stars could be used but I can’t see those spoiled NBA players in a 200 square foot room.

It's a complete non issue. If there were 20 NBA teams, all with single rooms for players and coaches, it would be well less than 1000 rooms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's a complete non issue. If there were 20 NBA teams, all with single rooms for players and coaches, it would be well less than 1000 rooms.
Who said it was an issue. There’s 30 NBA teams and according to this tweet from the other thread they may be limited to 35 players, coaches and staff so that 1,050 people. That doesn’t include officials, media and crews for the broadcast team but they don’t necessarily interact directly with the players so wouldn’t need to stay in the same place. CSR has well over 2,000 rooms so plenty of space there. Some players could even get 2 connecting rooms if they need a little more space. They would just need to move anyone with reservations at CSR in July/Aug to another hotel. NBA commissioner says they will have a decision soon. It wouldn’t be a problem for Disney to accommodate the NBA but they need to know one way or the other to know whether they need to take out a resort hotel or not.

Speaking of numbers -

Miss Bella

For what’s its worth I can’t find availability at csr in July or August. Not even the week I changed to a couple of weeks ago. I have been contemplating switching to an Epcot resort or WL. I’ll hold off on that for now and see what happens. If this rumor turns out to be true they will most likely offer guest something for the move. Of course that depends on the parks being open in August, but I’m betting they will be.

Miss Bella

The article I read on nbcnews said they were in negotiation for games, practices and housing. CSR makes sense. This is the second time they’ve pulled the availability. I’ve read the new tower rooms are really nice. It looks like I may not find out how nice.

Last year I had annual passes we did a few split stays. We stayed at Beach club, WL, Boardwalk, animal kingdom and the last stay was a standard room at csr. The tower wasn’t open yet. I thought the rooms at csr were hands down better than WL or AKL and just as nice as the Epcot resorts just smaller. I lover the way Disney has renovated their mod and value resorts. I prefer indoor corridors so the tower was the perfect solution. The money I saved over the Beach club I could just Lyft everywhere.

I kind of wish I would have grabbed that club level room at CSR while I had the chance.

Pangyal

Looking at the website, it appears that all Club Level rooms have been removed from inventory until September 7th. Does anyone have any insight about why this might be?

Pangyal

I‘m not sure it’s that big an issue as the cast members already plate the food individually and often hand it out to guests, at least for the evening appetizers. Maybe they are figuring it out, or maybe they’re just going to do away with it until fall. Either way, I was hoping someone might know what is going on. I’m sure the people who are booked CL will be the last to know ;).

Miss Bella

It looks like Universal is only opening a few of its resorts in June and by July I believe most of them will be open. Disney may do something similar. If your going this summer I would keep it in the back of your mind that you might get moved.

Jrb1979

It looks like Universal is only opening a few of its resorts in June and by July I believe most of them will be open. Disney may do something similar. If your going this summer I would keep it in the back of your mind that you might get moved.
I think it all depends on what happens with the NBA

jensenrick

Why is Disney allowing children 2 and under in? I understand they can’t wear masks, but their young age doesn’t make them any less contagious if they are asymptomatic spreaders. If a 2 year old sneezes or coughs, I guarantee you their mouth won’t be covered.

(I’m not arguing for or against any mask requirement, nor am I arguing for or against any exemption - I am just curious why as to why this is an acceptable exception)
Apparently unless amusement seekers are handheld by these companies with lines on the ground no one can figure out what 6 feet means.

Enjoy the parks while they are still open folks.

Well, you know, in today's alternative facts world - 6 feet could mean a lot of different things. LOL

Incomudro

Apparently unless amusement seekers are handheld by these companies with lines on the ground no one can figure out what 6 feet means.

Enjoy the parks while they are still open folks.

Yes, people will get closer than the 6 foot guideline, it's inevitable.
But you really can't get a good sense of depth from that shot, as it is at a bit of an angle - and photos are poor at showing depth.
Some of the people closer together could be family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom