Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKampy

I heard about the bar in Platteville. My daughter said at Subway people were right next to each other and sitting down with no social distancing. I’m not sure I’d be able to handle that. We’ve got a phased approach to use as guidance. I was shocked there were no plans that had been put out to the public. I thought all states were doing that. My husband said the hospital was pretty busy with elective surgeries now. I heard that Dane County was looking at trying to lock things down again with Milwaukee following. Hope that’s enough to keep everyone safe.
A few counties are closed Dane, Milwaukee, and Brown(meat packing outbreaks happened there)for sure...Kenosha was but they decided to strike that...they were not sure what they could do legally...the city of Racine is too....those were the worst areas...but whats to stop someone from those counties from making a stop in a neighboring county where everything is open and there is not even a limit on gathering

JohnD

It's good politics to have a vaccine rolled out by October. It's bad politics to promise to have one rolled out by October and then fail. Let's see what happens!

Yeah. Very good politics. An October surprise to the positive for a candidate before the election. Usually October Surprises are in the negative. So definitely don't promise by October. But promise "by the end of the year". Then have one rolled out in October. So "Let's see what happens" as what a certain President might say.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1589573499519.png

Chi84

Premium Member
Seriously, I’m with you. Let’s focus on the positive :) If that happens it’s a really big deal. I’m cautiously optimistic based more on what the researchers are saying vs the politicians, but it’s all good news so far.
I agree. What's the point of taking a baseball bat to anyone who posts anything positive or hopeful? People here are intelligent enough to know the difference between a Disney forum and a valid news source and to evaluate comments accordingly. If there's any place you should feel free to post positive and hopeful comments, it's on a Disney forum.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did you know that the fastest we have ever developed a vaccine is 4 years? That was for Ebloa. Effective and safe vaccines can take decades.

Most companies around the world as saying mid to late next year if the current trials go well (and many won't).
Ebola primarily impacts parts of Africa. Money talks, sad but true. We’ve never had the brainpower (along with the money to back it up) when developing a vaccine in the past. This is an unprecedented process. All that being said early next year looks to probably be the best case scenario.

ImperfectPixie

I agree. What's the point of taking a baseball bat to anyone who posts anything positive or hopeful? People here are intelligent enough to know the difference between a Disney forum and a valid news source and to evaluate comments accordingly. If there's any place you should feel free to post positive and hopeful comments, it's on a Disney forum.
There's a difference between being positive and hopeful and flat-out posting false information.

Rider

Ebola primarily impacts parts of Africa. Money talks, sad but true. We’ve never had the brainpower (along with the money to back it up) when developing a vaccine in the past. This is an unprecedented process. All that being said early next year looks to probably be the best case scenario.
I'm not sure I understand? Ebloa primarily impacts Africa and would therefore be very profitable and that's why it was the fastest vaccine to ever be developed by humanity?

Another vaccine stat: the chickenpox vaccine (which could be sold to every child born in the world) took 20 years to develop and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom