Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polynesia

Woodies means a wooden coaster. Airtime is when you float out of your seat when you go over hills on a coaster.
I enjoy Disney because there are a variety of rides to do. Some are very tame and others a bit more thrilling. I’ve ridden all the roller coasters at WDW but for me I enjoy going on the tame rides too and soaking in the atmosphere. It’s where the entire family can do things together, even if it’s on Peter Pan. If you’re a roller coaster enthusiast I suspect other parks would be more appealing. I am an AP holder for universal also but it’s a different vibe in their parks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he has canceled the city’s annual Independence Day fireworks display at Lake Eola Park because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He said a virtual fireworks display will be held instead. “We will still celebrate as a community, just not in person,” Dyer said."

Jrb1979

You might be right in that assumption. I enjoy Disney because there are a variety of rides to do. Some are very tame and others a bit more thrilling. I’ve ridden all the roller coasters at WDW but for me I enjoy going on the tame rides too and soaking in the atmosphere. It’s where the entire family can do things together, even if it’s on Peter Pan. If you’re a roller coaster enthusiast I suspect other parks would be more appealing. I am an AP holder for universal also but it’s a different vibe in their parks.
Its different for me. My nieces would rather ride coasters and thrill rides over high themed ride. Theming and atmosphere doesn't do much for me.

Disstevefan1

"Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he has canceled the city’s annual Independence Day fireworks display at Lake Eola Park because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He said a virtual fireworks display will be held instead. “We will still celebrate as a community, just not in person,” Dyer said."

What are virtual fireworks?

Polynesia

Its different for me. My nieces would rather ride coasters and thrill rides over high themed ride. Theming and atmosphere doesn't do much for me.
I understand that. I’m not really a thrill seeker. Disney thrill rides are just enough for me. It’s good that there is a variety for everyone’s taste😀

dolbyman

Disney Cruise Line extends suspensions of operations through to July 27

I more and more think our early October Disney cruise is not going to take place (confined with 1000s other cruisers for days at sea.. maybe a bad idea anyways) ... we are already planning some Orlando and surrounding exploration days instead and move the cruise to next year .. I wonder if we get 125% on the 125% we already got ;)

But for that,the US needs to allow travel from Canada and Germany first anyways

NelleBelle

But its Idaho ....
That park is traditionally where my kids' school takes their 8th grade class trip. We drive over from Seattle, stay at a hotel with an indoor water park/laser tage/go-carts/boweling alley. We take the kids to Silverwood and turn them "loose". Occasionally the water park is open when we go. It's small enough that we're comfortable letting the kids be on their own but it has enough to keep them occupied. Would we rather go to Disney? Of course! But given that we're a private school, a lot of families have already forked out a ton on tuition and don't have the extra funds to spend on airfare to fly to Anaheim. The 8th grade class funds still have to buy a large gift for the school at graduation, pay for the class trip, and pay for graduation. This year, their trip was "cancelled", although there is talk of taking them potentially in sometime in July, depending on what Seattle does with it's Stay-at-Home orders.

Flugell

I hope somebody who lives in Florida could help me, please. I have a villa booked near Davenport from 7th June till 28th June and the owners have not yet been in contact. I fear that if I cancel I will lose a lot of money. I have heard that short term rentals were banned under the Florida Governor’s instructions. Is this still the case? I’m hoping so because then they will have to cancel and I stand a chance of a refund! I would then have been moving to WDW so is vaguely related to the thread. I have looked on line but can’t find any up to date information. Obviously we can’t go anyway because of international travel restrictions. Many thanks in advance.

Amused to Death

I hope somebody who lives in Florida could help me, please. I have a villa booked near Davenport from 7th June till 28th June and the owners have not yet been in contact. I fear that if I cancel I will lose a lot of money. I have heard that short term rentals were banned under the Florida Governor’s instructions. Is this still the case? I’m hoping so because then they will have to cancel and I stand a chance of a refund! I would then have been moving to WDW so is vaguely related to the thread. I have looked on line but can’t find any up to date information. Obviously we can’t go anyway because of international travel restrictions. Many thanks in advance.
Googling “Short Term Rental Ban Florida” brings up a bunch of hits for me.

Here are a few:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom