Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Realistically though, if you know what your typical body temperature is (mine hovers around 97.6 degrees), anything above 99 would be extremely alarming to me. So if someone enters their security gates and reads 100.3 degrees, they are free to walk in? Guess it can't be perfect at the moment.

It is not likely to ever be perfect. 1 Asymptomatic.
2, more specifically to the temperature reading point even if everyone got a fever, body temperatures of some commonly run high, or on the flip side, run low. Sometimes people with a low body temp see their temperature is 98 or 99 and they have a fever and are sick as as dog. It is mostly a part of making sure people feel comfortable to come in and spend money, like random bag checks.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Canada?!?
Luckily...you’re not the 51st state. That’s a compliment.

We got a bunch of cowboys...not all of them seem to understand the function of a brain at all times.

So “Minor” covid fever is less dangerous?

Not hard to see where this one is going...
To me, like most things security/safety wise, its smoke and mirrors to mentally think you are safe to roam CityWalk, and soon to be theme parks.

Rescue Ranger

I may as well just cancel my August/September trip. I just dont see it happening. I never would have imagined this happening after already having to cancel April.

With the news here in Toronto announcing the cancellation of the Summer Exhibition at the same time, there's no way things will be back to normal be then. Nor will means of travel. Maybe I'll reschedule for April 2021? If things are not better by then, I'm giving up :cry:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To me, like most things security/safety wise, its smoke and mirrors to mentally think you are safe to roam CityWalk, and soon to be theme parks.
I notice that city walk is mostly just “trial balloon”
Locations as well...

Don’t see the hulk running anytime soon.

I also noticed the mobbed chocolate factory isn’t open...wouldn’t that be open if you’re “confident” and want money?

hopemax

Good luck with stay at home orders continuing for that long. If this is the only option available to them, they/we/the country have failed miserably.
I'm just curious what you think the options are for a novel virus, which can be spread effectively by simply talking for short-medium intervals?

From time to time, we are reminded that Mother Nature trumps human knowledge. Usually, when it comes to geological and meteorological events. This one is tricky because it's too dangerous to let it run uncontrolled, but not dangerous enough to get everyone in any sort of agreement of what to do. It spreads easily enough to be a problem, but not so fast that it burns itself out. There are some government/economic choices, but stay at home is about virus spread. I'm not sure you can out think viral spread anymore than you can out think a hurricane or volcanic eruption. It's going to do what it's going to do, and mostly we just try to get out of its way.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I may as well just cancel my August/September trip. I just dont see it happening. I never would have imagined this happening after already having to cancel April.

With the news here in Toronto announcing the cancellation of the Summer Exhibition at the same time, there's no way things will be back to normal be then. Nor will means of travel. Maybe I'll reschedule for April 2021? If things are not better by then, I'm giving up :cry:
The unfortunately thing I think for International tourists, is the actual traveling part. No clue when restrictions will be lifted etc. I am fortunate (depending on how you view things :joyfull: ) to live in Atlanta, and it's a simple drive to Orlando

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Locations as well...

I also noticed the mobbed chocolate factory isn’t open...wouldn’t that be open if you’re “confident” and want money?
I'm not up on my Uni, is all of CityWalk 3rd parties or does Uni own some venues?

Bob Harlem

Locations as well...

All the places that are opening aren't Universal owned shops/restaurants, just like what's going on at Disney Springs next week. This is more the 3rd parties calling Disney/Universal out contractually more than anything else. Universal owned stuff includes the night clubs, Toothsome, Vivo, Bread Box, Antojitos, Big Fire, NBC Sports. Hard Rock not opening up was Hard Rock's call. The only big exception is the main Universal Store.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not up on my Uni, is all of CityWalk 3rd parties or does Uni own some venues?
All the places that are opening aren't universal owned shops/restaurants, just like what's going on at Disney Springs next week. This is more the 3rd parties calling Disney/Universal out contractually than anything.
Of course...that’s fairly obvious...I’m sure Comcast is watching very closely, however

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How about this. My daughter has EDS, MastCell and POTs. So her temperature can swing from 98 to 101.6 because her metabolism is out of wack. So she could be scanned at three locations and each could have a different temp (besides outside air tempts effecting inner temps too).

“Sorry for your luck...please exit Orlando immediately”

One size doesn’t fit all.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How about this. My daughter has EDS, MastCell and POTs. So her temperature can swing from 98 to 101.6 because her metabolism is out of wack. So she could be scanned at three locations and each could have a different temp (besides outside air tempts effecting inner temps too).
Wow that is quite an challenging scenario. I wonder if at some point, they will require medical clearance papers to prove of a situation like yours.

Wildstar

During health checking if you go to customer service in the parks and checking they will add the note to Disney magic bands of health issue if it does it that way. I'm autistic so my info is placed on my guardian magic band as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow that is quite an challenging scenario. I wonder if at some point, they will require medical clearance papers to prove of a situation like yours.
During health checking if you go to customer service in the parks and checking they will add the note to Disney magic bands of health issue if it does it that way. I'm autistic so my info is placed on my guardian magic band as well.
So Disney guest services can now guarantee lack of covid presence by putting a note on a magic band in that scenario?

I hate to be a nuisance...but the logic of simplistic answers to complex problems would get gunned out of the sky by an average lawyer before the first motion is filed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm just curious what you think the options are for a novel virus, which can be spread effectively by simply talking for short-medium intervals?
If I had all the answers, I wouldn’t be posting my amazement on an internet forum. But a few other countries have done it differently so many get some thoughts from their experts and look at their data?
but stay at home is about virus spread.
The goal posts have moved on stay at home. I guess that is up to each area to do so...

I'm not sure you can out think viral spread anymore than you can out think a hurricane or volcanic eruption. It's going to do what it's going to do, and mostly we just try to get out of its way.

meanwhile, you can destroy yourself in the process anyways.

Anyways, if this is what LA county thinks it needs to do, they will have to deal with the unintended consequences directly. We will see if we have to deal with them indirectly.

Kevin_W

Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday. Ferrer said that would only change if there was a “dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand.”

Interesting. Californias cases/deaths per day are one of the better states.

Lilofan

The disposal of hazardous waste is not taken seriously here in the US and for Cast Members it is regrettable that they have to be exposed. Does anyone have a list of the known carcinogens that are present in cigarettes? The News media (all sides) have us all in a state of panic yet the known 2nd hand killer cigarettes are not in the news. How many people die from or become chronically sick because of cigarettes?
CDC says that approx 34K die from second hand smoke every year.

brianstl

All the places that are opening aren't Universal owned shops/restaurants, just like what's going on at Disney Springs next week. This is more the 3rd parties calling Disney/Universal out contractually more than anything else. Universal owned stuff includes the night clubs, Toothsome, Vivo, Bread Box, Antojitos, Big Fire, NBC Sports. Hard Rock not opening up was Hard Rock's call.
The Universal Studios Store is opening, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom