Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday. Ferrer said that would only change if there was a “dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand.”

...so I should hold off on buying that AP at knotts berry farm then, huh?

(I Know it’s in Orange County...it was a joke)

skyphotographer

Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday. Ferrer said that would only change if there was a “dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand.”

I can't imagine people complying with that, but I don't live in California.

celluloid

As you wear your mask and maybe sneeze or cough in your mask the droplets migrate to the outside of the mask. How one handles and disposes of the soiled mask is of great concern and the length of time the mask is worn before becoming a liability is also a great concern. As is the material the mask is made of.

Yeah, the Cast Members are really in a bad spot as well as the guests with masks littered all over from either being dropped, improperly disposed of without a care, or guests mad because even if expensive and custom, are not going to be retrived via Lost and Found. People often can't handle disposing of their own food trays properly or following smoking guidelines. This is going to be disgusting if they stick with that plan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good luck with stay at home orders continuing for that long. If this is the only option available to them, they/we/the country have failed miserably.
They can always peel them back...

It beats running out into a thunderstorm wrapped in tinfoil...

But California has been rather “quiet” in the headlines...i’m Curious where they’re at?

The east coast seems to be having most of the “fun”

DCBaker

Premium Member
News from Universal -

"Select CityWalk venues are opening for our guests to enjoy from 4–10 pm daily. Our team and all of our guests should follow all recommended CDC guidelines.

Self-parking is complimentary. Valet parking is not available at this time. Subject to change.

In addition to shopping at the Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts, there are plenty of tasty temptations across CityWalk, each is opening with a delicious but limited menu, as well as limited seating."

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.52.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.54.43 PM.png

celluloid

True . . . Maybe they should install mini-incinerators or fire breathing dragons or the "Mask Police Brigade" . . . oh wait . . . maybe no longer the Happiest Place on Earth because it has been masked over (dadummm).

If only. Realistically, we know they will enforce it or care as much as they do for the well known carcinogenics of Ciggerettes that Cast Members still have to deal with sweeping up and being around 50 years later.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
News from Universal -

"Select CityWalk venues are opening for our guests to enjoy from 4–10 pm daily. Our team and all of our guests should follow all recommended CDC guidelines.

Self-parking is complimentary. Valet parking is not available at this time. Subject to change.

In addition to shopping at the Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts, there are plenty of tasty temptations across CityWalk, each is opening with a delicious but limited menu, as well as limited seating."

View attachment 470028

View attachment 470032

Interesting that 100.4 is the number they are using. Humble opinion but if you're above 99.5 degrees at all, you should be home.

celluloid

Interesting that 100.4 is the number they are using. Humble opinion but if you're above 99.5 degrees at all, you should be home.

The hard thing with that is many people run a 99 degree fever naturally. It is far more common than you think.

Also, it's conflicting and it may have changed but one time, it was going to be announced that Team Members with anything over a 99 degree temperature would be asked to go home for three days.

One thing is for sure about places that refuse work for three days for anyone running close to a fever, they will be short staffed more often because they never realized how much people work through minor illnesses without even realizing it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
100.4 is from the CDC I believe.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

Realistically though, if you know what your typical body temperature is (mine hovers around 97.6 degrees), anything above 99 would be extremely alarming to me. So if someone enters their security gates and reads 100.3 degrees, they are free to walk in? Guess it can't be perfect at the moment.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Realistically though, if you know what your typical body temperature is (mine hovers around 97.6 degrees), anything above 99 would be extremely alarming to me. So if someone enters their security gates and reads 100.3 degrees, they are free to walk in? Guess it can't be perfect at the moment.
Yeah. I mean they have to set the standard somewhere, right?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I can't even imagine. My province has had heavy restrictions, but stay at home has not been one of them, and we are fairing far better then most provinces in Canada.
Canada?!?
Luckily...you’re not the 51st state. That’s a compliment.

We got a bunch of cowboys...not all of them seem to understand the function of a brain at all times.
100.4 is from the CDC I believe.
So “Minor” covid fever is less dangerous?

Not hard to see where this one is going...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

☝🏻👍🏻🤘🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom