Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilypgirl

Were you one of the posters who told a doctor reporting on the front lines that his observations were wrong a few weeks ago? It was deleted but you were. It seems you only trust medical experts when they push your narrative.
No not me! I have zero idea what you are talking about.

Polynesia

Very nice to see!
I enjoy seeing his videos as he goes to the various parks. Shows he cares about the cast members. Today I drove on Disney property to see if I could see anything. Went past a few hotels and the grounds are meticulously maintained as usual. Of course I couldn’t see any of the inside of any parks or hotels. There were several golfers out that were social distancing🙂. Each had their own golf cart. There appeared to be quite a few Disney service vehicles doing repairs to street lights and such. Lots of security on property at each entrance to the hotels and the MK. Orange County Sheriff also on property but didn’t appear to care about cars traveling through. Maybe watching for speeders? It was a nice feeling to be on property and at the same time made me sad to see everything so quiet and empty.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Would you mind sharing who your top pick for SVP of Parks and Resorts would be?

(I know they changed the name of the business but I don’t care about products.)
I sometimes feel that position is pointless. It seems that the CEO has a lot of say in many of the decisions that impact the parks, and I'm not sure they need so many levels of management. I would maybe like to see the regional presidents take up that role of much of what Chapek used to do.

It will be fascinating to see how that position shapes up going forward, especially now.

Genie_naughty_whispers

I’d be interested to know if what policies will be in place for getting it or bringing it to WDW.

Let’s say you show up for trip and are asymptotic and the virus rears it’s head two days into your 7 day trip. Are you removed from property, allowed to quarantine in hotel? Do you have to pay for those extra 7 days for hotel?

Will be interesting how they address the granular situations

Lilofan

Would you mind sharing who your top pick for SVP of Parks and Resorts would be?

(I know they changed the name of the business but I don’t care about products.)
Would not a SVP for P&R be a demotion?
VP, SVP, President of WDW (Josh), President of Worldwide Parks ( person got laid off, job eliminated), Chairman of P&R ( Vacant , used to be Chapek ), CEO ( Iger/ Chapek)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know it's the right thing to do, but my heart breaks for my daughter who is a high school senior - and for all seniors everywhere. 😢
My cousin’s daughter is a senior in high school this year. They didn’t have a prom but it was close enough to the date that a lot of the girls had dresses. She was planning to throw a big graduation party this summer and have it be ”formal dress” so the kids could at least wear the dresses :(

I don't mean to pile on, but I don't buy into children not spreading the virus at all. They can study it all they want, but germs don't care the age of a person.
You make a good point, but the article states that it’s not believed children play a significant role in transmission. It could be that they have stronger immune systems resulting in less virus in their bodies and less virus to shed. The body of the article doesn’t say it can’t be spread by children, just much less.

ImperfectPixie

You make a good point, but the article states that it’s not believed children play a significant role in transmission. It could be that they have stronger immune systems resulting in less virus in their bodies and less virus to shed. The body of the article doesn’t say it can’t be spread by children, just much less.
It's irresponsible reporting to use the title they did...MANY on social media just read titles and not the articles themselves. It's begging to spread misinformation. And as I said earlier, a lighter viral load doesn't necessarily mean less chance of spreading the virus because children are more prone to touch EVERYTHING, including their faces, noses, and mouths, than an adult is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom