Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

So, I haven't seen anything, but I haven't looked too hard. Has Disney provided any insight regarding their cast members? Seniors and other compromised individuals don't just visit WDW, they work there. The point system, doesn't seem like it would be too conducive to a situation like this. Walmart, as noted above, has suspended its attendance policy.

ImperfectPixie

So, I haven't seen anything, but I haven't looked too hard. Has Disney provided any insight regarding their cast members? Seniors and other compromised individuals don't just visit WDW, they work there. The point system, doesn't seem like it would be too conducive to a situation like this. Walmart, as noted above, has suspended its attendance policy.
Walmart actually did much better than suspend their attendance policy. They're giving two paid weeks off to any employee who tests positive, and for employees who are out of work if the stores are forced to close due to quarantine.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good question. I asked the same earlier but it got buried in the back and forth.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Walmart actually did much better than suspend their attendance policy. They're giving two paid weeks off to any employee who tests positive, and for employees who are out of work if the stores are forced to close due to quarantine.
My company is doing the same for quarantined people. To the extent possible they are asking people to work from home if they get quarantined but if not possible to work still not charging people PTO days.

gmajew

Premium Member

that is great for the big companies that can afford this but what about the small business that cannot afford it. Can not afford to close for two weeks. cannot afford to have his customers locked in homes.... what happens to those?

ImperfectPixie

that is great for the big companies that can afford this but what about the small business that cannot afford it. Can not afford to close for two weeks. cannot afford to have his customers locked in homes.... what happens to those?
Washington is working on proposals for them as we speak. They mentioned programs that are being developed both yesterday and today.

gmajew

Premium Member
Washington is working on proposals for them as we speak. They mentioned programs that are being developed both yesterday and today.

No trump was.... and they got shot down. The house is talking about the worker plans. Longer unemployment etc... they talked about small business loans but they will take 3-6 months to get and these business won’t be around at that point.

most small business are week to week month to month losing two weeks of revenue will destroy them Before help arrives.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My personal opinion is the government should require all businesses to pay workers under mandatory quarantine and then provide a business tax credit to reimburse for any business that payed the quarantined workers. The big guys that don’t need the credit can have it phased out or eliminated. That in conjunction with low interest temporary loans backed by the government to get small businesses through the period of lost business. The equivalent of an airline bailout for small businesses and workers.

gmajew

Premium Member
My personal opinion is the government should require all businesses to pay workers under mandatory quarantine and then provide a business tax credit to reimburse for any business that payed the quarantined workers. The big guys that don’t need the credit can have it phased out or eliminated. That in conjunction with low interest temporary loans backed by the government to get small businesses through the period of lost business. The equivalent of an airline bailout for small businesses and workers.

again most small business cannot wait that long for the loans let alone pay the people and wait for the tax credit.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
again most small business cannot wait that long for the loans let alone pay the people and wait for the tax credit.
The loans could start tomorrow if needed. Banks would fight each other to lend the money as long as the government is guaranteeing repayment.

Much better than cutting payroll taxes for workers. You don’t pay payroll tax on $0 when you don’t get paid for 2 weeks or longer. Not very well thought out.

gmajew

Premium Member

today alone I got offers from 15 bars in college campuses that have closed down asking for me to buy them As they won’t survive the shutdown. normally I would jump but my sales and cash will be tight now to do it. The fact is it is sad and scary as people who have just been holdimg In this will lush them over edge.

orlando will have the same thing happen. Yes the big places will be fine the small will struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom