Coronado Springs

BongoFury

After looking at all the moderates, I keep going back to Coronado. For those that have stayed there, is it as nice as it looks?

It doesn't seem to be as popular as the other mods or maybe it is. I just don't see it metioned as much as Caribbean or Port Orleans.

coachwnh

we stayed here over thanksgiving two years ago. one of the more crowded times, and we had NO issues. would not have a problem staying there again. cool bar for drinks in the evenings, and a great pool for the kids!!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Love it ... and it is now our favourite of all the values and moderates (even some of the deluxe resorts)! You can't go wrong with CSR! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Disney05

We've stayed there 4 times in the last 6 years. Our favorite mod and go to resort if we can't find someplace to stay. Beautiful inside and out.

Upvote 0

GrumpySue

Can anyone suggest the best quiet area to stay for me and my husband ? I am guessing Casitas would be mostly conference people, so we are considereing Ranchos, we really don't mind being far from El Centro, as long as it's peaceful. Anyone stay in Ranchos and have a opinion ??

Upvote 0

flpropmgr

For many years, my favorite Moderate resort has been POFQ (I love the grounds and the boat ride to Downtown Disney). A couple of years ago, my wife and I had a split stay, first at POFQ, then at CS. She had never stayed at either, so both were new to her. She preferred CS to POFQ "by a country mile." POFQ seemed a bit run-down (even to me), but CS was fresh and beautiful, seemingly more upscale.

Upvote 0

Disney05

Can anyone suggest the best quiet area to stay for me and my husband ? I am guessing Casitas would be mostly conference people, so we are considereing Ranchos, we really don't mind being far from El Centro, as long as it's peaceful. Anyone stay in Ranchos and have a opinion ??
Yep, if you want quite and secluded, Ranchos is the place. We stayed in them the last time we were there. Nice quite pool there too.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member

Ranchos are definitely the quietest. (really they are all very quiet though IMO) We have stayed in buildings 6A and 7A in the past. We really enjoyed them both. An early morning walk from our room to El Centro was so peaceful and relaxing to start our days off.

Upvote 0
I have only stayed at CSR one time, but for a 10 night stay. I really liked it. It was larger than my beloved POFQ but still seemed intimate and quiet. We were placed in Casitas. Supposedly a close room but it was far from the food court area, so we thought. After we found our shortcut, it wasn't too bad at all. My only, ONLY complaint with this resort was the quiet pool for Casitas had the bathroom in the fitness center....which locked it's doors very early. Meaning the poolside evenings with our "adult beverages" were a bit troublesome making the trek back to our room to use the facilities. :lol: Seriously, that was a pain in the neck. Pepper Market took some getting used to their strange system of order taking, but we really enjoyed it. Had a meal at Maya Grill and although it was a bad seat, bad service deal, we loved the food so would definitely go back. I did really like the resort. Some of the best bus service I have ever experienced. Knowing it was a convention resort didn't bother me a bit. In fact, every time we passed convention goers-couldn't help but to feel a little smug....."ha ha....I'm on vacation!"

Upvote 0

Ceekling

Just returned from a three night stay at CSR. This was our first time there and I was pleasantly surprised. We were in Casitas 2, so it was a bit of a walk to the main pool site, but the theming in the courtyards was very peaceful, parking was plentiful and though there was a convention group there at the time, we barely noticed them. And the buses were great! Usually no more than a 5 or 10 minute wait. My only regret is not having more time to fully enjoy all the resort had to offer.

Tiny nitpick: Wifi is free, but slow!

Upvote 0
I was at CSR this time last week.:cry: I already miss being there!

The whole resort is very beautiful. We were lucky enough to be in Casitias 4, with a bus stop just steps away.

I only have a couple of small complaints: I miss a real food court. The grab and go shop is horribly crowded in the morning, to the point of not being able to move. Second, is that the resort is pretty spread out. It felt like we had to hike to get our mugs filled, and if we wanted to go to the themed pool it was a hike too. Otherwise, I was suprised at how much I liked it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.:)

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

I stayed there in August 2011. We were in the ranchos section. I liked the resort. We've stayed at cbr, por, pofq in the past as well. The standard rooms with two beds are equal across the board imo. We were close to our bus stop. Using the bus i found (time wise) equal to por or cbr...four stops around the loop and much better than when we stayed at bwi (had to stop at multiple resorts before ours when taking the bus or boat). We never had any issues with the bus being overcrowded. There was a quiet pool near us and it wasn't much of a walk to the main pool at all...no further than when i stayed at the poly. I feel like at most of the room at por, cbr, as well as csr unless you're fairly near the main building then doing the refillable mugs can be less than ideal. i also agree with the previous post about the lack of a real food court area. it was particularly bad in the morning and very disorganized. i can see how having a convention center attached may be what keeps some people away but i didn't see any issues when we were there. another may be that the resort is farther out location wise...it's almost next door to the value resorts and akl so if you're planning most of your days at mk it may not be the place for you. On the unique plus side, because it is near the value resorts that means it's just up the road from a 24hr mcdonalds...if you have picky eaters or one that suddenly hungry after the close of emh it's a benefit in itself. The biggest plus this resort has is it's the only moderate with a spa, they also have lots of suites as an option. We'd stay there again.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We actually just switched to Coronado for our May trip yesterday, we were suppose to stay at WL, but heard they are doing some renovated so we switched to CSR. This will be our 3rd time staying here. Definitely our FAVORITE moderate resort. Yes it is big, but compared to the other mods, I think it has the best layout as all the villages are around Lago Dorado in a circular fashion. The Dig Site Pool is awesome and love that they have so many activites for the kids to participate in now. Pepper Market takes some getting used to, but food is good.

I do have a question I am hoping you can all help me with though. Since we are there for 10 days we are shipping a package of some breakfast foods and snack ahead of time. Is there an area in CSR that has a toater we can use to toast our bagels in the morning? I know the values and AKL have an area in their food court with toasters and microwaves to use, but does CSR?

Upvote 0

Disney05

I do have a question I am hoping you can all help me with though. Since we are there for 10 days we are shipping a package of some breakfast foods and snack ahead of time. Is there an area in CSR that has a toater we can use to toast our bagels in the morning? I know the values and AKL have an area in their food court with toasters and microwaves to use, but does CSR?
We ship down items every time we go. But I don't recall seeing anyplace to use a toaster the last time we were there. But I might be wrong.

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
CSR pluses and minuses

We stayed at CSR last spring. Here are what I would consider the pluses and minuses.

Plus

1. Location - its smack in the middle of all the parks
2. Room size - good sized rooms
3. Property - nice lake and well manicured grounds
4. Lake side bar - great spot to sit and have an adult beverage

Minus

1. Bus route - if your room is anywhere near the main building, be prepared for a long, long ride
2. Food selection - poor is an understatement
3. Bathrooms - take this one with a grain of salt, we were stuck with a handicapped accessible room and detested the bathroom
4. Room amenities - or more to the point lack-there-of

Upvote 0

Princess7

We love the CSR. It is beautiful, peaceful and the rooms are nice. We like the Pepper Market and Maya Grill too. POR is our favorite but CSR is always our second choice when picking a moderate.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Darn it! Well that puts a damper on things! :hammer: Oh well, guess I will be eating my bagel not toasted.

There were toasters at Pepper Market every time I've been there. I don't remember if there's one at Cafe Rix (the carry out quick service area).

As others have said PM is different from the food courts at other resorts: in my opinion it's better if you're on the dining plan and worse if you're not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom