Coronado Springs

BongoFury

After looking at all the moderates, I keep going back to Coronado. For those that have stayed there, is it as nice as it looks?

It doesn't seem to be as popular as the other mods or maybe it is. I just don't see it metioned as much as Caribbean or Port Orleans.

Disney05

There were toasters at Pepper Market every time I've been there. I don't remember if there's one at Cafe Rix (the carry out quick service area).

Yes, I think you may be correct. Right next to the pastry area. Not sure how they'd handle it if you brought your own to toast though.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

We would have never stayed there if they would have had another room for us at the Wilderness Lodge in June 2007, when we decided to extend our stay at WDW another 2 nights. But with the Lodge being completely full (and all other deluxe resorts we were interested in) we decided to go moderate.

We didn't regret it. Although the CS gets quite a lot of bad comments at Trip Advisor etc. and a bad rating compared to the other WDW-resorts, we really liked it.
The main pool is gigantic, must be the largest in any disney resort in WDW. The main pool area is beautifully themed and although a water cascade from a pyramid! is actually absolutely ridiculous we loved it and the entire setting of the area.

We also loved to sit at the Lago Dorado in the Laguna Bar and the bus service was good, the CS doesn't share transport with any other resort (just like the Pop among the values) and the rooms were clean, quite large, quiet and tidy with a very silent AC.

If Disney decides to continue their insane resort pricing policy and make Deluxe increasingly unaffordable even for quite wealthy middle-class-guests in the near future (prices even for standard rooms at the MK-area now already well in the 400 bucks range and counting), the CS would be definitely be our moderate choice, they even feature a gym!

Upvote 0

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I agree with Spike-In-Berlin. I prefer deluxe but my family is staying at CS and I'm crashing with them for the weekend. I'm sitting in our room as I type this and I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by everything. Nice room, nice pool, nice bus service, nice food. And yeah, deluxe resorts are getting INSANE with pricing

Upvote 0

Keri

I have stayed there several times, have recommended it to my friends, and they gave me BIG HUGS for telling them about it after their stay! I LOVE Coronado Springs (my second home)!

My happy place comes from there. Whenever I am stressed and need to calm down I close my eyes and picture me relaxing in their hot tub, sipping a margarita, and looking at the view of the mayan temple! Such a happy place!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

There were toasters at Pepper Market every time I've been there. I don't remember if there's one at Cafe Rix (the carry out quick service area).

As others have said PM is different from the food courts at other resorts: in my opinion it's better if you're on the dining plan and worse if you're not.

Lucky, this just made my day!!! I hope they will allow me to use them in the morning.

I agree, I have a love hate relationship with PM. I like its uniqueness, but at the same time it can be a bit of a pain.

We haven't stayed there since 2008, so Cafe Rix wasn't fully complete our last visit. Can you re-fill your mugs up at Rix too?

Upvote 0

Disney05

Toasters.jpg
[/IMG]

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member

That pic is old as you can see in the date stamp (2006) and it is no longer set up like htat in that area. Our last trip the toasters in the pastry area were not accesible to guests, the attendant would toast them for you on her side of the pastry case. Not sure if there are other guest accesible ones else where though.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

I am glad so many of you are feeling the same way we are about the prices of the Deluxe resorts. We have stayed at the WL, BC and POFQ. The first two times were out of our own pocket starting back in 2006, we did POFQ (2010) because I was able to write it off as a business trip to attend a convention but wanted to try to be slightly more sensible in my spending on the company dime. In any case this time (we are booking tomorrow) we are going with the CSR as it looks very nice and the queen beds are a huge draw. I just wonder in this economy what Disney is thinking. My wife had a change of job a year and a half ago taking a pay cut but I would have no problem saving a little harder to stay at a Deluxe if I felt that there was value for the dollar. Really looking forward to the CSR in October and (fingers crossed) hopefully free dining extension!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread for the great info!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney05

That pic is old as you can see in the date stamp (2006) and it is no longer set up like htat in that area. Our last trip the toasters in the pastry area were not accesible to guests, the attendant would toast them for you on her side of the pastry case. Not sure if there are other guest accesible ones else where though.
I realize that. I was there in May and didn't even notice where they were located since I didn't need them. Still wonder if they would let you use it on food not purchased there.

Upvote 0

rle4lunch

After looking at all the moderates, I keep going back to Coronado. For those that have stayed there, is it as nice as it looks?

It doesn't seem to be as popular as the other mods or maybe it is. I just don't see it metioned as much as Caribbean or Port Orleans.

Hi. I've stayed at both Coronado and Port Orleans. Personally, I found the rooms at PO much less cheesy in design, and the overall feel of the resort was much quiter than Coronado. They're both pretty much the same for room amenities, but I liked PO much better.

Upvote 0

birdie31

We have just returned from there. We stayed March 10th-16th, 2012. It was great, for the most part. My biggest complaint was with some of the front desk staff. Our check in was a mess, but we came with a group, of which I was the contact person. Some of our group were in multiple rooms so the keys were all messed up and an extra room was booked for us above our needs. This ultimately messed up our meal plans so we ended up with more credits than we needed. We arrived at 7pm and I was still sorting this all out at the desk at 11:30pm. Beyond that, one member of our party was asking for directions to the business center and was spoken to rudely by the desk staff. The rest of the time there was NOT crowded and very lovely.

Upvote 0

acishere

In June I'm going to be staying at CSR for the first time. Me and my gf were going to stay at Pop, but decided a convention resort might be worth the extra $ since it will have free wi-fi and we are both starting up with work projects that will hard to shrug off for over a week. Also the more slightly more adult aurora that CSR has (gym, nightclub, etc) will be a good break from my family who have kids in tow.

Only thing I don't like the sound of is the Pepper Market.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom