Coral Reef

HollyAD

Original Poster
It has been years since I have eaten at Coral Reef. Anyone been there recently? I have read some negative things! So please let me know your experiences and what you ordered. Thanks!

Pooh'sBuddy

If last June was recently enough, we had lunch there. The service was good. We had an aquarium-side table, the most left table, but it was neat. The hubby had grilled mahi mahi.

I had the chicken Caesar.

We split the chocolate wave.

Everything was delicious. The lighting is a little subdued, but it's an under the sea kind of feel. We'd eat there again.

HollyAD

Original Poster
If last June was recently enough, we had lunch there. The service was good. We had an aquarium-side table, the most left table, but it was neat. The hubby had grilled mahi mahi.

I had the chicken Caesar.

We split the chocolate wave.

Everything was delicious. The lighting is a little subdued, but it's an under the sea kind of feel. We'd eat there again.
Thank you for the input!

BransonJ

We have dined at coral reef 3 times and will make it a 4th our next trip. I always get a new entree and never had a bad experience. We love the theme and the desserts are just amazing.

Can't remember what I ordered last trip but I do recall leaving very full and satisfied.

Communicore

We ate there back in the day, maybe 1993 or so, before the Epcot 94 era. It wasn't good back then and we've never tried it again. As a matter of fact we never eat at FW, except for one time when we brought our fish and chips inside Electric Umbrella to pilfer some refills. People looked at us wondering where we got them, I guess they never went to WS yet or skipped the food there.

Sweet Melissa

I'm another repeat visitor. Our most recent meal there was a lunch last November. We always order seafood dishes, and rarely the same thing twice. Neither of us has ever had a single thing there that we didn't enjoy and find prepared well. In fact, my husband had an octopus appetizer there on our last trip that he said was better than the octopus course he had at Victoria & Albert's a few nights later.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have never had a bad meal at Coral and neither has my family members. The thing I noticed last time is the higher up from the tanks you are the theming is almost non-existent.

Agree with most of the posters. Coral Reef has always been a great meal for us. The service has been very good as well. The only thing we did not care for was the rainbow trout. I'm not even sure if that is still on the menu.

Enjoy!

Bparso87

I like corral reef and might be a must do if it was at any other park. There is just way to many dining options in Epcot. I had really good swordfish.

Dog Ate Mouse

The corral reef is good and we do eat there at least once on every trip. Now back in 2000 they had two fresh water Australian lobsters on the menu. These were really tasty. Came back the next year and they were off the menu. That has been my only disappointing thing to say about them. So when I look at it this way I realize the meals are still good to great and the atmosphere extremely enjoyable if you sit closer to the tank.

cw1982

Ok, now I'm excited! DH and I have dinner ADR's there during our trip in June, and I have to admit that I picked the place based on a) the idea of possibly having a good view of the tank and b) the sriracha shrimp on the appetizer menu, as DH and I both love sriracha shrimp :) I took a gamble on it based on some of the reviews I've read, but we like seafood so I figured we'd be good.

Here's to hoping we can get a good view of the tank... maybe telling them we're there for our anniversary will help (but if not, no big deal).

Sweet Melissa

Here's to hoping we can get a good view of the tank... maybe telling them we're there for our anniversary will help (but if not, no big deal).
This is anecdotal evidence at best, but I feel like, as a party of two, you have a pretty good chance of being seated right next to the tank. We have been on four of our five visits. It's where the two-tops are.

cw1982

Happy anniversary! Yes, it can't hurt to tell them.

Does anyone happen to know how often they change their menu? It seems like I've found several different ones online, and all are from the last few years. I know the current one is probably what is on Disney's website, but since it changes "seasonally," I wonder if it'll change between now any my trip in three weeks?

Wow... it just hit me that three weeks from NOW I'll be eating dinner there!

ThinkTink721

We ate at the Coral Reef during our trip last year & we enjoyed it.
The atmosphere was great & the food was good.
I would definitely recommend eating there.

DisneyJunkie

The Coral Reef is one of our top choices for eating on each trip. The food and atmosphere have been consistently excellent, and always enjoy a meal there. I'm not even a seafood person (I get the chicken) and I love it there, along with the Jack Daniels mousse for dessert.

The only negative, to me, is the limited drink options. Basically you can have water, soda, or some disgustingly nasty pomegranate-lemonade. I would much prefer a regular sweetened iced tea or basic, normal lemonade.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom