Coral Reef

Communicore

We first had Coral Reef in the 80's, like 1989 to be exact, and at that time it was an amazing 80's experience. Then in 1993 or 1994 we had it again and it sucked lol

durangojim

Extremely rushed experience for us about 2 years ago. Food was mediocre to average. Not a great experience and definitely not worth the money.

Weather_Lady

We are going in July. We are 2 families with 5 kids ages 8-13. Are the better tables for small groups? I would love to have a nice view as this is the reason we did this restaurant, but I know with 9 people we may be limited. Does anyone have any experience with a group at Coral Reef?

With a large party, you may end up on the dreaded "top tier" if you all want to sit together. I'd suggest splitting up into 4+5 if you want to sit on the first or second tier. (These tiers have tables and booths that seat up to 6 -- if your party is larger than that, you're relegated to the larger booths at the back of the restaurant.) Any further away than that, and you miss out on the immersive experience of being near the tank and being able to really see and identify the fish.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We ate there last month for lunch. It was a spur of the moment thing, at hubs' request, maybe I made the ressie that day. Totally enjoyed my meal, which was the salmon dish, hubs had the chicken, and he liked it as well. Our server was fantastic, I think his name was Bruce. We were seated down by the glass, although not right up against it, this lends weight to the previous poster's report that parties of two are seated close to aquarium, but I have eaten with a larger group (and even just the two of us) on the top level, and honestly enjoyed it no less. You can still see the fish from the top tier. As with anything, it's all what you make of it.

aladdin2007

Had lunch here today, it was wonderful! Comfortable, not rushed, great food. New menus as well. They open up like the menus of the old days use to, and not just a half sheet.

71dsp

We've been a few times. No problems with service or wait times, but we weren't crazy about the food. Not bad, but not to our tastes.

aladdin2007

Us too! We sat next to the tank from 11:30-12:30, you?

lol we sat on the second tier towards middle of room, right on the edge over looking the big party in the booth below us, where abouts were you along the tank? we were there same time frame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom