CoP voices?

Jasonflz

Original Poster
If this possible upcoming refurb does happen dialogue might be changed in the show. My only question is, what will Disney do about the voice actors? Will they hire new people or just bring back some of the previous actors, if they are still even working.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm fine with the attraction as is, for the most part. It's actually one of my favorites.
However, that last scene is just HORRIBLE. They're playing a video game from the future, whose graphics and controller are already outdated, and Daughter talks about CAR phones. :hammer::brick:

TubaGeek

That stinks. I at least hope Rex Allen comes back as well as the current dad.
Forgot to mention in my last post, but...
Rex Allen died in 1999, but he wasn't the new Father anyways, that's Jean Shepherd... who also died in '99. Rex was the Grandfather. Let's face it though, Jim Cummings or Dan Castellaneta would probably be able to replicate the voice pretty well.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
^ I can see it now....

Lady: Henryyyyy, go over there and give our neighbors what for!
Father: Doh!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Mel Blanc, Rex Allen as well as Jean Shepherd all dead? If that is the case and new dialogue is going to be done for an updated attraction they really have only two good choices. First would be to scrap it all and record entirely new dialogue, second would be to find someone that can accurately imitate the original voices (ie Rod Serling in ToT)

EPCOT Explorer

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Mel Blanc, Rex Allen as well as Jean Shepherd all dead? If that is the case and new dialogue is going to be done for an updated attraction they really have only two good choices. First would be to scrap it all and record entirely new dialogue, second would be to find someone that can accurately imitate the original voices (ie Rod Serling in ToT)

Yep.:(

RiversideBunny

I'm fine with the attraction as is, for the most part. It's actually one of my favorites.
However, that last scene is just HORRIBLE. They're playing a video game from the future, whose graphics and controller are already outdated, and Daughter talks about CAR phones. :hammer::brick:

Agree. Leave the rest of scenes alone. They are fine.
It's that last, future scene that needs some massive attention.

:)

SoupBone

I also hope they leave all but the last scene alone (voices and all). There are plenty voice actors around that they can match up to the previous voices. The difference would be negligable. I had no idea the dad (Jean Shepherd) had died. Now I'm that much more nostalgic about the ride.

Computer Magic

I also hope they leave all but the last scene alone (voices and all). There are plenty voice actors around that they can match up to the previous voices. The difference would be negligable. I had no idea the dad (Jean Shepherd) had died. Now I'm that much more nostalgic about the ride.
Yes Jean Shepherd is also the writer and narrator of Chirstmas Story. It was about him. So leave Jean in. I posted and thread on here about Mel Blanc. He was selected by Walt himself. Leave that voice alone. I think Disney should promote the voices of Mel and Jean for COP. Something like COP featuring Mel and Jean. When I hear COP Mell talk, I think of yosemite sam

yosemite sam
yosemite.gif

TubaGeek

OMG. That final scene is supposed to be the future? I thought it was supposed to represent the 1980's/early 90's.:eek:
It was made in '94 to represent the year 2000.
For some reason, I can't just say "to represent 2000," it has to be "the year 2000..."

I think John Ratzenberger would make a good voice for the dad.

I disagree. Although as a character, I agree Mr. Ratzenberger would fit nicely based on acting and look. We're just talking voices for the attraction. What I liked about Sheperd/Allen was the western/mid-western vibe it brought to the attraction.

That way of speaking is what most of the world think of when they think of an 'American' accent. And having that there just made it feel so Patriotic....

Which I really loved.

Does that make sense?

LudwigVonDrake

I would prefer if they went back to the original 1964 version with Rex Allen as the father and forget the future part and go with 1964 as the final scene. Mel Blanc's tracks can always be used since he doesn't say much. If anything use Rex Allen's vocal tracks for "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" since he sings it soooo much better than Mr. Shepard (sp?).

WDWmazprty

I would prefer if they went back to the original 1964 version with Rex Allen as the father and forget the future part and go with 1964 as the final scene. Mel Blanc's tracks can always be used since he doesn't say much. If anything use Rex Allen's vocal tracks for "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" since he sings it soooo much better than Mr. Shepard (sp?).

Sounds like a good plan. I agree that the final scene either needs to be updated or changed completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom