CoP Continuity Problems

gerryu21220

Except it's not "new". It was mentioned in the original 1970's Peoplemover script.

And yes as someone else mentioned "the" American family does not mean a single American family. It's a general term.

It's always been just one family showing the audience how life was in different decades, and how technology has progressed. It's not a continuous story from beginning to end, but merely glimpes of how life was in each era.

They use the same names and faces throughout the show. The only one that changed names was the dog, and that was in the original version. (Can't remember if that continued in the later versions. I don't listen to those because the original was the best.)

devoy1701

Time is not the main point of the story, it's not supposed to make sense in that regard. What the story is about is the progress that technology has made and how it has benefited the family and made life more enjoyable.

I agree that you should think more along the lines of "insert family in this time period now and roll the cameras" instead of thinking of it as a linear timeline.

cowanfamily

Here's a novel idea, why don't we just enjoy it and not over analyze it? ROFL

I think we are all right. It is exactly what each of us want to make it in our own minds. That is the magic of Disney. :)

That would be the logical thing to do. Now if I could just make a Dole Whip last the entire walk to COP. The attraction would be EPIC!

David S.

Um, when did that happen??? I don't ever recall hearing that version.

Rover, Sport, and Buster are the only names I recall for the dog/dogs.

I'm telling ya, I'm almost positive that I remember he called the dog Weenie in one of the scenes. I couldn't stop laughing! Maybe it was short lived? Had to be sometime in the 90's...

Am I wrong here?

You are correct - sort of. The fourth dog was called Queenie :)

parkgoer

There's many more things to nit pick about rather than the hair color in CoP and the phones. BTW it's supposed to be 4 different families:)

Tigger1988

Someone made an honest mistake, and no one caught it or bothered to change it.

Right, so that's why it's in the revised and updated TTA spiel. That makes perfect sense. :ROFLOL:

If it was a mistake someone would've caught and fixed it over the span of 30+ years. Especially when the spiel has been changed several times over those 30+ years.

Mr Bill

John's a time-traveling polygamist. He marries women named Sarah and names his kids James and Patricia just to keep himself from slipping up. Cousin Orville invented the time machine which is disguised as a toilet.

the-reason14

Someone mentioned how they all have different names throughout the decades. I want to point out that I think they use nicknames that fit in with that particular decade. Like in the 1920s July segment, the daughter is called Patricia. The next 1940s halloween segment, she is referred to as Patty. The last scene, they call her Trish. So to me atleast, I always thought that it was the same family that just somehow was able to live life for over a century.

Oddysey

Except it's not "new". It was mentioned in the original 1970's Peoplemover script.

I am aware of the fact that the original narration mentioned 4 families as it was already mentioned in this thread. The TTA narration is new as of fall of 2009. Whether or not is was mentioned in the original narration is a moot point because I was referring to the most recent rendition of the narration. I did not say it was the first time any narration mentioned 4 families. In other words, I dont understand your need to correct me on something that was not incorrect.

Tigger1988

I am aware of the fact that the original narration mentioned 4 families as it was already mentioned in this thread. The TTA narration is new as of fall of 2009. Whether or not is was mentioned in the original narration is a moot point because I was referring to the most recent rendition of the narration. I did not say it was the first time any narration mentioned 4 families. In other words, I dont understand your need to correct me on something that was not incorrect.

Ok then, how could Imagineering "screw up so badly" when that's how it was originally intended to be?

Not sure how the original narration is a moot point since it proves that there isn't anything wrong with the current updated spiel.

David S.

Queenie? What the heck version was THAT?

I remember it as Weenie, but maybe Queenie! Either way it's hilarious. It was only during one of the scenes, maybe the second? It was sometime in the 90's.

Queenie is from the "Now Is The Time" version of the show that played at WDW from 1973-1993.

I remember it as Queenie, and that's the name given to the dog in The Imagineering Field Guide To The Magic Kingdom, which lists the names of all four dogs in the original MK show.

Queenie is indeed the dog in the second scene, and the first Queenie reference can be found at around the 6:55 - 7 minute mark of the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNaOVdy5CLM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom