CoP alive and well

PintoColvig

dxwwf3 said:
Fantastic post prberk
Jonathan, you're pretty cool, dude. Always giving props to others rather than tearing folks down like so many around here do. Much appreciation to you, friend. :sohappy:

dxwwf3

PintoColvig said:
Jonathan, you're pretty cool, dude. Always giving props to others rather than tearing folks down like so many around here do. Much appreciation to you, friend. :sohappy:

Thank you very much, I do appreciate that. Unfortunately, I can get frustrated sometimes around here, but I never take things too personally and I hope nobody else does either. Shoot, you could say that wannab@dis and speck76 and I disagree about 70% of the time and usually about big things, but we still respect each other a great deal (or at least I respect their knowledge about WDW) and have friendly PM conversations all the time.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Cop, has a poor attendance , but so does IASW . These rides are continuos so that makes them look empty . COP runs more than 5000-7500 people a day.

Keep it in the Family !!:cool:

Lee

Adventurer
prberk said:
The CoP and HoP are part of what makes Disney amazing and wonderful for the WHOLE family.

Yeah...HoP...ummmmm....heard a rumor, but can't confirm....ops is eyeing it, too.:lookaroun

dxwwf3

Lee said:
Yeah...HoP...ummmmm....heard a rumor, but can't confirm....ops is eyeing it, too.:lookaroun

Ops sucks! :lol:

Seriously, if they take out the HoP and the CoP, would they be replaced with something adult oriented? I would HIGHLY doubt it. Adults go to the MK too.

Japhy

We always go to COP. It was one of my favorites as a kid and I was thrilled that my 8 year old daughter seemed to enjoy it as much as I did when I was her age.

But this last time (3 weeks ago), with the exception of the lady singing the song 2 seats down from me, people appeared a bit indifferent and would talk or move around. In fact, most annoyingly, two times CM's had to get on the loudspeaker and ask that people remain in their seats and not move, especially while in motion. When they do that, it completely cuts the sound of the show and you miss that bit of dialog.

With regards to This is the Time, I too miss that song. But!!! for the first time I've ever noticed, while we were on line for Stitch, I heard the melody of This is the Time in that futuristic organ like music they pump through Tomorrowland. It was neat to hear that and know just what it was.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
Ops sucks! :lol:

Seriously, if they take out the HoP and the CoP, would they be replaced with something adult oriented? I would HIGHLY doubt it. Adults go to the MK too.
I agree:fork:

There is absolutely, positively no reason to remove HoP unless they intend to get rid of Liberty Square! What attraction could possibly fit that land better?

Expo_Seeker40

It's not like it's the CoP's fault it doesn't have high attendance figures.

I mean it was built to hold massive amounts of people for General Electric. If each theater can hold approx 230 people every 4 minutes and there were one and a half hour lines for the CoP for 1964 and 1965 thats a ton of people.

The CoP has recieved no major publicity or advertising since the new tomorrowland of 1994.

It's building is a quiet and boring structure that was never redone for tomorrowland 94.

It has no sponsor to influence it, and is tucked away in a corner of tomorrowland.

Refreshing the ride, and bringing more attention would do wonders for it.

It also is loading people every 4 minutes, another reason why it's rare to see lines.

It's not the ride's fault, it's how managment has handled the ride, and yet can make this ride far more appealing if money and time can be put aside to spruce up the CoP. :wave:

FigmentJedi

If the Incredibles has to take some space in the Magic Kingdom, the Galaxy Palace theater and Skyway spot is rather friendly. If it's going to take a few ride buildings to make the attraction plausible, have the vehicles go on an outside track around Carousel of Progress. It adds kinetics to Tommorowland and might attract people to the Carousel to see Tommorowland's original family.

PintoColvig

I was telling my wife about the possibility of CoP closing someday. My 5 yr. old daughter overheard me and she got mad about it. And Cop was my 65 yr. old father's favorite attraction at MK. The CoP has more appeal than many realize. The concept itself (even aside from the theme) has great potential. They need to give it some TLC and promote it.

dxwwf3

What timing. My grandfather just passed away a few hours ago and we've been talking about our many trips to Disney as a family and guess what his two favorite attractions were: Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. Even up until last year when he made his last trip, those were his favorites. He loved history and politics and was fascinated by both of those attractions. He was the type who was also into architecture and designing and was really blown away by New York Street at MGM and the way they did the rocks at Canada. I really hope that the love for historical, but still entertaining theme park attractions doesn't die with his generation.

But I guess the point of all this is that I am a WDW fan and I care about the attractions and park environment more than most WDW fans, but the most important things are the times you spend with your families. I have so many memories with loved ones at the parks, there is usually a great story that goes along with just about anything in the parks. Enjoy the times you have folks :wave:

maggiegrace1

dxwwf3 said:
What timing. My grandfather just passed away a few hours ago and we've been talking about our many trips to Disney as a family and guess what his two favorite attractions were: Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. Even up until last year when he made his last trip, those were his favorites. He loved history and politics and was fascinated by both of those attractions. He was the type who was also into architecture and designing and was really blown away by New York Street at MGM and the way they did the rocks at Canada. I really hope that the love for historical, but still entertaining theme park attractions doesn't die with his generation.

But I guess the point of all this is that I am a WDW fan and I care about the attractions and park environment more than most WDW fans, but the most important things are the times you spend with your families. I have so many memories with loved ones at the parks, there is usually a great story that goes along with just about anything in the parks. Enjoy the times you have folks :wave:

I am so sorry about your grandfather...
My thoughts are with you and your family...

I also believe that the time you spend with your family is most important...
All of those memories will never be replaced.....even when the shows and rides are gone....
No matter what happens you will have them forever..
Thanks for reminding us all about the things that mean the most....

God bless you and your family...
~~Dana~~:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom