CoP alive and well

TheFoeHammer

We always fear that this trip will be the one that they close it. We love the ride and are happy to see it still open.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."

redsfan4life

Now is the time , now is the best time of your life . life is a prize live every minute open eyes and watch how you win it . yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam but tommorrow is still but a dream . right here and now you've got it made the worlds forward marching and your in the parade.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
redsfan4life said:
Now is the time , now is the best time of your life . life is a prize live every minute open eyes and watch how you win it . yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam but tommorrow is still but a dream . right here and now you've got it made the worlds forward marching and your in the parade.
booo :drevil:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Something I've been meaning to comment about..

Though I said alive and "well" I don't know if that's accurate. Compared to the AA's in pirates, CoP looks pretty crappy. People enjoy the nostalgia, but it's really not holding up well physically.

T-1MILLION

mousermerf said:
Something I've been meaning to comment about..

Though I said alive and "well" I don't know if that's accurate. Compared to the AA's in pirates, CoP looks pretty crappy. People enjoy the nostalgia, but it's really not holding up well physically.

I figured that some guests would start comparing and that is only going to happen with the life like AAs at Pirates. Well, maybe they can life cast better figures, or just make better AAs and skins for them and give CoP a nice refurb with new AAs, sounds and other things for the overall production. (just thinking/dreaming outloud kind of thing) I think that it could become a strong possiblity. As long as they keep it.:wave:

Hey mousemerf, was there anyone singing or humming along to the "Beutiful tomorrow" or humming anything like that?

-Preston

Expo_Seeker40

Carousel of Progress has great potential for itself...and no not as another ride or gift shop! :p

Disney did say via wonderful world of color that CoP was to be permanently showcased at Disneyland. This was changed because the CoP would and did do far better at WDW throughout the 70s and 80s.

The CoP needs time and money out aside that can refreshen this ride and better publicize it so it is not this B attraction. It has great potential to no longer be left as a thing we wonder when it will close or what mechanical condition it is. It would be a relief to see the ride refreshened and better advertised so it can somehow sit amongst the classics of pirates, mansion, small world, etc.

It's a historical and unique show that is too much a part of the Disney history to see completely demolished, especially if it has managed to stay around this long, there's no reason why it can't become more relevant and refreshed in the future. :wave: :)

mitchk

I love COP. My girlfriend can't stand it, but I drag her on it at least once a visit. BTW, "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow" is a much better song than "It's the best time of your life" just my opinion

CaptainMichael

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Carousel of Progress has great potential for itself...and no not as another ride or gift shop! :p

Disney did say via wonderful world of color that CoP was to be permanently showcased at Disneyland. This was changed because the CoP would and did do far better at WDW throughout the 70s and 80s.

The CoP needs time and money out aside that can refreshen this ride and better publicize it so it is not this B attraction. It has great potential to no longer be left as a thing we wonder when it will close or what mechanical condition it is. It would be a relief to see the ride refreshened and better advertised so it can somehow sit amongst the classics of pirates, mansion, small world, etc.

It's a historical and unique show that is too much a part of the Disney history to see completely demolished, especially if it has managed to stay around this long, there's no reason why it can't become more relevant and refreshed in the future. :wave: :)

I couldn't have said it better myself:wave:

FigmentJedi

If they did update the show, I'd focus on the final scene. Change that carphone line to cellphone and make the VR game into Nintendo Wii, because it's the most progressive system in video gaming's oncoming new generation and I would be really amused if Nintendo actually sponsored the show.

PintoColvig

Wow, two pages and very little "death to CoP" cries. Very promising! I hope it lives on for some time whether in WDW or elsewhere.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I know they could raise the stage a little where you wouldn't see the stage floor, so the AA's could walk around. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

Tim G

PintoColvig said:
Wow, two pages and very little "death to CoP" cries. Very promising! I hope it lives on for some time whether in WDW or elsewhere.
errrr... never mind... dream on... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

yeti

Why is everyone so happy about this, i thought that CoP was one of the worst attractions i've ever been on (secondary to Hall of Presidents :lookaroun ).

Tim G

yeti said:
Why is everyone so happy about this, i thought that CoP was one of the worst attractions i've ever been on (secondary to Hall of Presidents :lookaroun ).
It is... but most of the people don't know that... It always takes a while before the coin drops...

Expo_Seeker40

Because the current 1994 is a lame, dry, contradicting, and pessimistic look at the fascinating and unrealistic world of 2000 as envisioned in 1993. :dazzle:

88keys

Expo_Seeker40 said:

It would be a relief to see the ride refreshened and better advertised so it can somehow sit amongst the classics of pirates, mansion, small world, etc.

Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE CoP and I sing the song loud and clear everytime I ride it....however, it will never be in the same league as Pirates or Mansion -- Pirates has swashbuckling adventure, HM has 999 ghosts and cool visuals, CoP......has a guy sitting at the kitchen table.

PintoColvig

Corrus said:
errrr... never mind... dream on... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun
I know, I know, I'm dreaming. But CoP has been moved before. If it can't remain at WDW, why couldn't it be moved out of WDW to another location. Say at the Presidio in San Francisco near the Walt Disney Museum. It's a pipe dream, of course, but I realize the inevitability of its demise. I'd just like to see it live on somewhere. I'm not sure why I have such a personal affinity for it. I guess it's just so "Walt" to me. I'd hate to see it dismantled.

hammysammy59

Tahu said:
If they did update the show, I'd focus on the final scene. Change that carphone line to cellphone and make the VR game into Nintendo Wii, because it's the most progressive system in video gaming's oncoming new generation and I would be really amused if Nintendo actually sponsored the show.

As a life-long Nintendo fan, this would make me absurdly happy. One step closer to having a Super Mario Bros. ride in Fantasyland. :D

Also, it's nice to see Wii supporters on non-Nintendo message boards.

Tom

Beta Return
On our trip there two weeks ago, out of fear of losing the attraction, I took digital video while on CoP (back row, no external light - bothered NOBODY) and my friend took some digi pics (no flash, high-end camera with low-lite capability). If it ever dies, we have permanent records of it.

We did this with Indy Speedway (since we're from Indy and love the current theming!) so that when it becomes CARS, we can remember the Indy Speedway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom