CoP alive and well

OliveMcFly

This is great news. When we saw it in June, there were about 10 empty seats so people still enjoy it. But from what I heard from Mr Baxter they DO want to take it out so this is absolutely great news. Thanks!

Lee

Adventurer
Tony's right, WDW ops would like to close it.
Might close, might not.
The Incredibles may not be the one to bump it out, though. I am told of a concept for that attraction that works around CoP.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Why take it out? There's a giant chunk of land along the barren Toon town walkway. Why not fill that up first?

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Seriously, everyone would be happy...well, everyone but the Pixar haters....:hammer:

And the people who hate everything old at WDW and apparently WDW ops too.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
And the people who hate everything old at WDW and apparently WDW ops too.
Why would WDW ops not like CoP?...I just don't understand.:veryconfu It should be fairly easy to run and only require a few CM's.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Why would WDW ops not like CoP?...I just don't understand.:veryconfu It should be fairly easy to run and only require a few CM's.

I don't get it either, but I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes either.

BTW, I should also say that I would love for the rumored Incredibles E-ticket attraction to come anywhere to WDW and that goes for Tomorrowland as well. I would hate to see CoP go, but if it HAD to be replaced, I would personally have no problem with it leaving if something really nice was coming in its spot. Same thing that Horizons went through for me.

KaliSplash

COP was the first AA attraction I ever visited at WDW. I was blown away (1979)
I would be sorely disappointed if they removed it. I think give it an IASW refurb and run it forever.
I like both songs. Now Is the Time was running when I first visited. But I like Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow as well.

Yeti, if COP and HOP are your the two worst attractions at Disney (or MK?), it seems to me you are missing one of the fine points of WDW. One of the things that separates WDW from other amusement parks is the attention to detail. There are tons of details in both these attractions. I understand that neither are modern and they certainly aren't thrill rides, but to me, these are two of the finest attractions in all of WDW.
And yes, I like TOT and RNRC, too, though I'm personally inclined toward Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids (obviously). But AA heavy attractions that are accessible to the whole family are what makes WDW something other than another theme park. And yes, I'm a big Great Movie Ride fan for the same reason. While it lacks the historical perspective of COP and HOP, it's another of the vanishing breed of AA heavy attractions that everyone can enjoy. And yes, I mourn the loss of World of Motion and Horizons even as I enjoy Test Track and Mission:Space!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant on or appear to pick on you (as others share your view) but it just seems to me that COP is one of the attractions that makes Disney Disney.

yensidtlaw1969

Lee said:
Tony's right, WDW ops would like to close it.
Might close, might not.
The Incredibles may not be the one to bump it out, though. I am told of a concept for that attraction that works around CoP.
When you say work around, do you mean using the carousel Theater concept, or something that is literally built working it's way around the Carousel Theater, leaving it there and adding another attraction?

Thanks!

Yensid " my brain is too frazzled to come up with something funny, so just imagine that this was hilarious, ok? Thanks" tlaw1969

Ivan72

COP has been a family favorite for years. I agree that the final scene needs an update to show what is current or right around the corner. And the rest of the AAs could benefit from updates. But, this attraction is so unique. It has a theatre setting, AA's, nostalgia, history and the potential for showcasing cutting edge technology. To abandon it without developing it to it's fullest would seem like such a waste. It also has that catchy tune GBBT. Although NITBT was what I heard for years.

Come on Imagineers, show us what you've got, don't bail on this classic!

Lee

Adventurer
yensidtlaw1969 said:
When you say work around, do you mean using the carousel Theater concept, or something that is literally built working it's way around the Carousel Theater, leaving it there and adding another attraction?
Yes. One concept for Incredibles I hear of would have the attraction built on the skyway building/theatre pads, but around the CoP building.

dxwwf3

Lee said:
Yes. One concept for Incredibles I hear of would have the attraction built on the skyway building/theatre pads, but around the CoP building.

That would make sense to me. Use unused space instead of tearing out another attraction that is at least popular among WDW fans.

askmike1

Not to sound negative (I know....too late), but is judging CoP's popularity on one of the most crowded days of the year really fair? That's like saying Timekeeper was popular because the show was crowded on New Years Eve during a torrential downpour. So what I'm saying is that it is all well & good that CoP was packed on the 3rd & 4th, it's not all that unexpected.

Now for the more optimistic portion of me, the attraction has been showing to one half to 3/4th full over the past 2 weeks (which I think is very well).
mousermerf said:
Why take it out? There's a giant chunk of land along the barren Toon town walkway. Why not fill that up first?
What barren land? Unless I am not remembering something, the majority of the walkway is bounded by the train tracks on one side & the Indy Speedway on the other. And also, it's the fact that between CoP, the old Skyway station & the Galaxy Palace Theatre, there is a whole heck of a lot of room.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want CoP to shut down (if it needs to move, so be it), but I'm sure that chunk of land is looking pretty darn good to Disney. Now if they could build a new attraction to take up both GPT & Skyway buildings but leave CoP untouched, I think that would be the ideal solution.

PintoColvig

askmike1 said:
What barren land? Unless I am not remembering something, the majority of the walkway is bounded by the train tracks on one side & the Indy Speedway on the other.
I think he may be referring to the old 20K Leagues area...unless, of course, he considers the Indy Speedway to be barren land. It's close to that for me!

prberk

The CoP and HoP are part of what makes Disney amazing and wonderful for the WHOLE family. They help balance the attractions from thrilling to teaching or relaxing with the whole family, just as Walt intended.

Personally, I would like to see The Walt Disney Story brought back to the Magic Kingdom. I think that that attraction, together with COP, really helped me to "understand" Walt Disney World, and EPCOT in particular.

I enjoy all of the thrills and fun of WDW, but these attractions continue to help remind me of what the whole place really exists for in the first place....
to entertain and to inspire.. and to be a living legacy to Roy's younger brother Walt, and his dreams....

Paul

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
If they take CoP out of Tommorowland, i'll be f__________ ed...That's a part that makes Tomorrowland what is it! Come on guys you know that....If it was to be taking out it would seem as though something is missing....I mean really, we lost Alien Encounter and get this corny Stitch thing, already we miss something....Delta Dreamflight - gone.....If Carousel is gone that would really raelly blow balls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom