Coolest Uniforms at WDW

Jseven

The best costumes have to go to the Haunted Mansion butlers.

The worst costumes are the housekeeping at the Coronado Springs. (Turquoise shirt and bright yellow pants)

brkgnews

Budahman said:
I have always like them blue Epcot shirts with Spaceship Earth printed all over them. They are kinda busy looking-almost like hawaiian type shirts, but I'd love to have one. :)
My personal favorite, too. We got to see the costume warehouse at EPCOT on Backstage Magic, and that was one of the first things you see -- rows and rows of the SSE Hawaiian shirts. Now I know why they don't let you take big bags on the tour... :lookaroun
:drevil:

By the way -- we heard on the tour that one of the running jokes used to be that EPCOT stood for Experimental Polyester Costumes Of Torture

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Tower, M:S, and Jungle Cruise uniforms are nice.....but my favorite ones are from the Imagination Institute. They get the cool uniforms and the lab coats.... :lol:

Sharon L

Mission: Space outfits are by far the best. The jackets are really nice and the costume looks comfortable.

I like costumes on some of the other rides, like Haunted Mansion, but some of them look really hot and uncomfortable. I sweat just looking at them all covered up in the Florida heat.

TheDisneyGirl02

I really like the Haunted Mansion costumes. They are great...but I also like the Animation shirts at the Animation Courtyard. They are the cutest!

TheDisneyGirl02

BlizzardCP

I love the Haunted Mansion costumes, and I really like the Splash Mountain ones as well...

BUT from a former CM's point of view, my costume from Blizzard Beach was the best... on a 100 degree day I was knee high in water wearing a bathing suit and windbreaker shorts... that was the BEST!! A water bottle was part of the costume as well, we always had to have one to stay hydrated, and I was thankful to that because I have heard HORROR stories of people not being able to drink water in that hot sun for 2+ hours!!! ... the tanlines were the worst, but at least I was getting some sun!

Oh yeah, the GMR ones were neat too!

Slipknot

Invero said:
WHAT ON EARTH???

Two people have mentioned that they enjoy the barney outfit that us bus drivers wear. Perhaps they are thinking of some other bus company?!?! LOL

Nope. I just felt bad for you guys and figured no one else would say the bus drivers.

chris15358

One of the most well executed and themed costumes that hasn't been mentioned yet is the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea costume. The costume mirrored the costumes worn in the movie and stood out from the crowd of basic Fantasyland costumes.

While it wasn't the best costume to wear when standing out in 99 degree summer days, it did look pretty sharp. And in the winter the P-Coats looked great.

kal1484

In my time of working, I've had the choice of 10 differen costumes, and so far my fav is the frontierand costume.

Invero

Static-X said:
Nope. I just felt bad for you guys and figured no one else would say the bus drivers.
The ones I really feel bad for are some of those neon Animal Kingdom costumes.

Yellow Shoes

Invero said:
WHAT ON EARTH???

Two people have mentioned that they enjoy the barney outfit that us bus drivers wear. Perhaps they are thinking of some other bus company?!?! LOL

Part of it isn't the costume as much as it is what those purple pants symbolizes.

....Your wait is over, and you are going to be getting to your destination.

However, one of the fun things for me as a guest is the different CM costumes. Very few people would be caught dead in purple pants, but at WDW it's OK. The costumes confirm that you are no longer in the "real" world, but in a special fantasy world.

My favorites, and so ugly that I had to take a photo (a big thank-you to the cooperative CMs who probably thought I was insane) was at Journey to Imagination.

SpaceRacer2003

I'm a big fan of the Haunted Mansion, Pirates (with the new coats), and Mission:SPACE. But my favorite is the engineer & conductor costumes on the railroad. The engineer's like wearing baggy jeans and a shirt. The conductor is very classy.

tigger248

I gotta go with the ones at my old home away from home, Splash Mountain. Though, I like the old ones that they had when I was there. Sometime last year they changed them. I got deployed to other areas a lot (I worked merchandise in every land except fantasyland and adventureland). Of all the different costumes I wore, my favorite was always Splash. I liked the comfort of being able to wear jeans and a shirt (even if the shirt is purple, teal, and white plaid). Much better than the long, hot dresses that made me trip!

Disney_CP_2004

OK before i was assigned my role i wanted to work @ either TOT or Haunted Mansion cause i think their costumes are the coolest!! LOL

BUT, when i got my role i was assigned to be a boat captain for the FriendShip boats, and hello for the florida heat i think we serisouly struck out....i think that is the best costume on property because it's not off the wall and it worked well with the waether! we had to wear white shorts and white button down polo tops with white sock and tennis shoes....YEAH YEAH YEAH...white in florida heat is perfect, but on those rainy days it really sucked! BUT i think those are the best costumes....

BUT i like the Character Greeter's tops, with all the mickey's drawn on it......i think also there is a place i believe @ MGM (that's the bus i always see those people getting on @ Vista Way), but they have like all charcters drawn on their tops in bright colors...they are cool looking!

DDuckFan130

egionet said:
Even though I hated the looks of my costume from Fantasyland Attractions, I enjoyed it a lot. This is only because we were one of the few areas that got to wear shorts during the extremely warm weather.

As for that actual looks to the costume, I would say The Great Movie Ride. I just love the suspenders and hat. They are so cute!
I also like the GMR costumes with the suspenders and the hats. Those are cute outfits. Aside from that, I of course love the ToT and HM costumes. The colonial costumes from either the American Adventure or Liberty Tree Tavern are also very nice as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom