Convince me that…

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ummm..... uummmmmmm..... nice restrooms in that area, almost as nice as Cosmic Ray's.

Pirates is good too, but I read in another thread recently that Pirates at MK isn't as good as Pirates at DL which is bringing me down a little.

Its not in the same league as Paris thats for sure.

Buried20KLeague

Ummm..... uummmmmmm..... nice restrooms in that area, almost as nice as Cosmic Ray's.

Pirates is good too, but I read in another thread recently that Pirates at MK isn't as good as Pirates at DL which is bringing me down a little.

You think knowing DL's Pirates is better than WDW's is depressing... Check out some YouTube footage of Paris's version. :(

adv.bluedude

AND THE JUNGLE CRUISE NEEDS TO BE DRASTICALLY REFURBED OR RIPPED OUT. It dates the place horribly IMO.

What the hell are you talking about?? The Jungle Cruise is absolutely fine. It has a crapton of theming, gets a huge crowd(at least when I was there) and has added/different scenes from DL's. The most I would say it needs is maybe an update on AAs but even that's not really necessary.

Has for convincing you that AL is the best land, Though it doesnt have a whole lot of attractions(one being godawful and the doesnt fit the theme) and is a bit small compared to the other lands, it is probably the land with the most classic and timeless attractions with PoTC(though it's not as good with the new refurb), Swiss Family Treehouse, Jungle Cruise and even the Tiki Room(not the Iago and Zazu part). Plus it has some pretty nice theming and Dole Whips(that should be reason enough :D).

Chrononymous

The second you come to that bridge, and see the torches...you know you are about to enter an exotic place that looks and feels like nothing else.

Crossing it you get a glimpse of sparkle and color from among the trees...

The Jungle Cruise is an adventure that makes you feel like you are about 6 years old again...and that anything can happen just around the river bend, and that those hippos are real. It makes me smile and smells really awesome.Plus the backside of water! What's not to love?

The carpets are actually fun...again if you are six, it's even better...but I do love the adventure of trying not to get spit on by camels, and seeing the shiny sparkling sidewalk of Agrabah.

The Treehouse feels like the dream of every child who ever wished they had a cool kicking tree house in their back yard. and this one you could actually live in!

The Tiki Room looks so exotic and polynesian from the outside. You don't have to go in. Besides there are dole whips nearby!

Pirates of the Caribbean is still one of the best rides ever conceived. Catchy songs, amazing effects, and the feeling like you are really in a caribbean dungeon while waiting in the queue. The ride makes me feel like heading off to pillage something.

So yeah...Adventurland does what it's meant to do...takes me to a new place, where an adventurous curious soul can feel fullfilled for an hour or two.

(I don't think it's the best land...but I do really enjoy being there everytime I am there!)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
  • Where else in WDW can you hear Polka music?

• Adventureland is the only place with animatronics that hardly move.

• The plants in Central Florida seem so exotic which they grow everywhere in honor of Adventureland.

• They turn the heat up in Florida just to accommodate Adventureland's theming.

• There is no Stitch in Adventureland....yet.

• Adventureland has many good restaurants to serve you year round.

• Where else can you sit on an attraction spinning in circles while going up and down?

---

You might not believe it, but I really DO love the theming of Adventureland.

Also, the steel drum bands always fascinate me and I love the giant Tiki's.

agrabah

Adventureland is the Best!

- Magic Carpets of Aladdin:animwink:
- Pirates of the Caribbean :animwink:
- Enchanted Tiki Room :animwink:

mickey2008.1

i just watched prince of persia, great movie imho. could they not add an attraction based on this and theme the land with the carpets in a diff location within the land? :shrug:

SeaCastle

Two words: Fire Mountain.

Or to be even more cynical, cohesive theming, good maintenance, fountains that aren't filled in with dirt and plants, the Adventureland Veranda, and interesting merchandise. But they do have nice, detailed restrooms.

PalisadesPkteer

Do you mean to tell me you need an other reason besides Dole whip pineapple float?

Anyway,

1. Dole whip pineapple float
2. POTC
3. Jungle Cruise
4.Swiss Family Tree House
5.El Pirata y el Perico (when its open, nice to make your own Tacos)

(Now if they could get original Tiki Room back and take out that carpet ride THEN you really got something!)

Walt Disney1955

Fantasyland will most certainly be the best once it's expansion is over. As for now it's really hard to beat Frontierland for me. Country Bears, Splash, Thunder, Sawyer, etc. I guess the only thing you can say is that Adventureland has probably the best ride in the park with Pirates. There are few rides (none I have ever been on other than Haunted Mansion) that give you the feeling that ride does.

To the poster who wants Jungle Cruise "ripped out" all I can say is, huh? It's still a great experience. I'll admit a ton of things could go into Jungle Cruise in its replacement but if they want to add anything they should add stuff rather than replace it.

Tiki Birds and Aladdin don't add a whole lot of value to the land but they exist, and while people complain about Aladdin being there (it really fits more in Fantasyland) does it really make the land worse?

Swiss is one of my favourite attractions too. Simple yes, but you don't realize how awfully high you get. There are some great opportunities for pictures up there too. Besides, it's a treehouse that you climb, how cool is that? I've always loved it.

At the end of the day I can't make a case for Adventureland to be the best. Most people would probably pick Frontierland, or at least I would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom