Contemporary Tower link bridge installation begins

GenerationX

Thanks for posting the pics. Just curious: Where exactly in the current tower (which floor? at a corner?) will the connecting bridge start/end?

sweetpee_1993

Thanks for posting the pics. Just curious: Where exactly in the current tower (which floor? at a corner?) will the connecting bridge start/end?

I'm thinking the foot bridge will be connecting to the 4th floor concourse level. What better place than right by all the shops? Right? Also, I think it's the back corner closest to where the South Garden Wing used to be at. That would be the shortest distance from point A to point B.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm thinking the foot bridge will be connecting to the 4th floor concourse level. What better place than right by all the shops? Right? Also, I think it's the back corner closest to where the South Garden Wing used to be at. That would be the shortest distance from point A to point B.

Yep thats where it is (but on the North side). :)

maelstrom

I really thought they'd do a two-story walkway, going to the 4th and 5th floors, so you didn't have to walk over and then take the escalator up to the monorail platform. But it definitely looks like it's only one story. :(

urbanvegan

Actually, the Tower is in place of the North Garden Wing - and the bridge is connecting on the North side of the building (the opposite end of the Grand Canyon Concourse as Chef Mickey's) :wave:.

cooleo

Thanks for the pics Steve. Looks like there could be more to the bridge seeing as the support columns go so much higher than the current bridge being installed. Who knows. :shrug: Either way, should make for a nice view when approaching from that side on the monorail.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the pics Steve. Looks like there could be more to the bridge seeing as the support columns go so much higher than the current bridge being installed. Who knows. :shrug: Either way, should make for a nice view when approaching from that side on the monorail.

Yeah the columns go a lot higher than the current bridge, like you say, looks like there could be more to come. :)

Shaman

Cool stuff. They put that up fairly quick. So does anyone have any pictures of what this tower looks like from inside MK? From Tomorrowland....

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
But there still is nothing officially annouced as to what this walkway goes to?

Hope they put fans in there. Been in some pretty toasty glass walkways like that in places less temperate than Florida...and they feel like a convection oven...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Nothing official, but the walkway they have up so far goes right up to the northeast corner of the A-frame, at the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse level.

Didn't they just finish remodeling that area?

Is it going to attach right into the open concourse or to the walkway in front of the rooms? I wasn't paying that close of attention

Nothing official, but the walkway they have up so far goes right up to the northeast corner of the A-frame, at the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse level.
Sorry, I was trying to be sarcastic about the NEW building on the Other end of the walkway that still doesn't appear to be officially recognized by the Mouse yet.

sweetpee_1993

Yep thats where it is (but on the North side). :)

LOL! I'm so bad with direction like north, south, east, west. This is why I have a hard time taking directions from my husband. He'll tell me to go north 2 miles then turn west, etc. I'm lost! Tell me to go past the Walmart 2 traffic lights and turn right by the Shell gas station. LOL! My mind sees where stuff is but I just don't do the formal directions. :hammer:

Mr.EPCOT

Didn't they just finish remodeling that area?

Is it going to attach right into the open concourse or to the walkway in front of the rooms? I wasn't paying that close of attention

Well, at that end of the Concourse is an outdoor observation deck. As it stands, the new walkway just goes right up to the corner of it. There are no rooms on that level, they start on the 5th floor.

Teenchy

Thanks for the pics.

Its still amazing to me that everything is so far along and there still has been no formal announcement yet. I know why....but they sure must feel that this is going to sell out right away and much faster than any other DVC. I don't think they have every gotten this far out in front with construction before at least an announcement was made much less opening for sales.

Yes I'll be in line to purchase right away...hopefully DVC members get 1st crack at it!

mk4me

Yeah the columns go a lot higher than the current bridge, like you say, looks like there could be more to come. :)

On the renderings that are floating around the internet, the columns go above the walkway and have wires connecting down, so it looks like a suspension bridge or a cable-stayed bridge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom