Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

Surferboy567

I think they changed the wording from the initial post, or perhaps I’m losing my mind.

“Time travelers, take note that the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction at EPCOT will also continue to be available in its current state while we pause on its planned refurbishment...”

Not sure how I feel...that doesn’t sound promising that it will happen anytime soon.

Exact wording I posted in another thread.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Updated to note the restart of Remy per the keen eye of @gerarar
There’s finally some sign of activity! Can you spot it?

From June 13:
View attachment 478185
Now on June 20:
View attachment 478186
View attachment 478187

The red pop-up canopy/gazebo is showing that some type of work is occurring near Remy’s as there’s also a fan for people to cool off with under the canopy.

Also there’s new materials under the permanent structure for the outdoor queue(?? — please correct me if I’m wrong). I’ve circled it as it’s not present in the June 13th aerial.
View attachment 478188

So this begs the question, can we concur that construction has somewhat restarted/resumed on the France expansion/Remy’s?
Regardless, I hope so!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Get there the same way you have for the last 38 years.

IMO, a walled in cement plaza and a roundabout series of right hand turns with no real pay-off on a big reveal of the pavilion is pretty poor park design.

A walkway of the journey of water that leads to a pavilion of the sea, is precisely the kind of high-concept top-tier theming that should have been done in the first place.

When we talk of how the outside entrance of the park should start to tell the story, then that same standard should have been applied to each of the pavilions. As you got closer to the pavilion, the grounds, landscaping, and decorations should have been leading to the big reveal. Instead, each pavilion has the same abstract landscaping until you get to the pavilions facade, and then you finally get to the theme of the pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom