Construction photos of the new counter service pizzeria in Italy

IWant2GoNow

Know somebody that works in and around epcot. They are building a huge brick oven back there. So it should be more similar to the boardwalk pizza than pizza planet. Just what he told us and has never been wrong with info before.

Does this person know what the Italian theming could possibly be for the outside of the eatery if any? (i.e.- Roman ruins?)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Know somebody that works in and around epcot. They are building a huge brick oven back there. So it should be more similar to the boardwalk pizza than pizza planet. Just what he told us and has never been wrong with info before.

Nothing wrong with a brick oven pizza joint, IMO.....

nemofinder22

I can't believe none of us have made this connection yet, but after some Googling I discovered that Patina operates Naples Pizzeria in Downtown Disney at Disneyland. I wouldn't expect that we'll get a full service restaurant like that, but it could be similar food. This does show that Patina has pizza experience, and even with mostly favorable reviews.

Patina Group also operates 2 other locations at DTD, Tortilla Jos, Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar, and of course Epcots Tutto Italia. Naples Pizzeria also has an express side called [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Napolini.

I wonder if Patina Group will also opperate the new place in Mexico? I'v heard that it will be 3rd party opperated as well.
[/FONT]

toolsnspools

I want an authentic sit down brick-oven pizza place (like Bertuccis) with a second story balcony that could be used to watch RoE. Just in case they haven't finished the blueprints yet. :lol:

Rob562

I want an authentic sit down brick-oven pizza place (like Bertuccis) with a second story balcony that could be used to watch RoE. Just in case they haven't finished the blueprints yet. :lol:

Eh, it wouldn't give you much of a view, especially of the lagoon-level stuff. About all you'd see well are the aerial shells.

Check out the "Model Day at Epcot" video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pTRcVuoRA
About 1:52 into it there's a shot from almost exactly where a balcony like that would be. That building at the front (the wine shop, I think it is) would block the Earth Globe entirely when it's in the middle of the lagoon, the inferno barge as well.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

Eh, it wouldn't give you much of a view, especially of the lagoon-level stuff. About all you'd see well are the aerial shells.

Check out the "Model Day at Epcot" video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pTRcVuoRA
About 1:52 into it there's a shot from almost exactly where a balcony like that would be. That building at the front (the wine shop, I think it is) would block the Earth Globe entirely when it's in the middle of the lagoon, the inferno barge as well.

-Rob
Much like Japan.... Those dang trees! :lol:

:cry:

Good point :(
I know, right? :(

At least this increases chances for other ventures.

MythBuster

I do know that once the pizzeria is up and running, then the table service restaurant(Tutto Italia) will undergo a major remodeling.

WILWIJ

Go to the Naples 45 website and click on the lunch or dinner menu. Lower right corner of the menu (menus are pdf files) reads "Disneyland" and "DisneyWorld".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom