Construction photos of the new counter service pizzeria in Italy

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:( Now, THAT is disappointing. That still leaves Germany, Japan, and the rest, though...:D
It is only disappointing if something was actually going to go there. I'll wager that that expansion pad would have remained fallow until the end of time had the pizza shop not been built on it.

DarthGrady

Well, I for one am jazzed that this is coming. I love fast Italian, a total pizzaholic. I just hope it's less Pizza Hut and more the aforementioned Mellow Mushroom......mmmmmmm...........:sohappy:

Rob562

This land was earmarked for attraction expansion - meaning no Italian attraction in the future sadly.

While the new pizza place is taking up the space at the back of the pavilion, the pavilion still only takes up about half the *width* of the plot designated for Italy. You could still fit a pretty decent-sized (albeit rather narrow) show building in there... Enough for an El Rio del Tiempo sized attraction.

-Rob

SMRT-1

Let's hope the pizza is closer to the Boardwalk Pizza Window pizza ($3.50-$4 per slice) rather than the individual pizzas available elsewhere like Pizza Planet($5.99-$6.29) :lookaroun

-Rob

let's just hope it's not a standard quick service pizza. do Italy right EPCOT!

Missing20K

Any word on what type of pizzeria this will be? I would really like to see them use the Neapolitan pizza margherita. I mean if there is one place in the world (no pun intended) besides Italy where they need to make the most authentic pizza there is, it is at the Italy pavilion at Epcot. What says immersive theming and "I could swear I'm in Italy" better than a true authentic pizza? Disney should be trying to see if San Marzano would like to sponsor it. Has there been any info on sponsorship?

EDIT: Just saw that Patina will be running things.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
:( Now, THAT is disappointing. That still leaves Germany, Japan, and the rest, though...:D

It does, plus that insipid area where the "Trading Post" is located. Yes, I know it's where the barges and other water traffic has to come through, but it's also just screaming to be developed into some new land.....

Mr.EPCOT

Really lookin forward to this. Think of it, this is more or less the first real addition to World Showcase since Norway. Actually, now that I think about it, couldn't this be considered the first addition to EPCOT in over twenty years? Everything since then has been some form of replacement.

To finally have a good pizza place in Walt Disney World, at EPCOT! :sohappy:

Me too. Tonight might be a Mellow Mushroom night.:slurp:

I just discovered them back at Halloween, and they are indeed very delicious! Wish there was one closer than the UCF area. :slurp:

SeaCastle

It does, plus that insipid area where the "Trading Post" is located. Yes, I know it's where the barges and other water traffic has to come through, but it's also just screaming to be developed into some new land.....

I think they should put new rides and shows in the attraction-less pavilions before they go around adding new countries. JMO :shrug:

wolf359

I agree. I'd rather see the existing countries filled out a little bit more than see new half-filled countries added.

I've never spent more than a few minutes in Italy before, because once you've walked through the shop and up to the back wall, there's nothing left to do in the pavilion besides eat in the restaurant. Even though this addition is "just" adding a pizza place, I think Italy was the country in most obvious need for something new.

izzi

Know somebody that works in and around epcot. They are building a huge brick oven back there. So it should be more similar to the boardwalk pizza than pizza planet. Just what he told us and has never been wrong with info before.

SeaCastle

Know somebody that works in and around epcot. They are building a huge brick oven back there. So it should be more similar to the boardwalk pizza than pizza planet. Just what he told us and has never been wrong with info before.

Thanks for the information! I know the Bertucii's chain has brick ovens and the pizza tastes great, especially for a chain.

NewfieFan

Interesting...

I actually like some of the pizza at WDW. I really like the stuff at the ASMusic foodcourt (reminds me of the pizza they use to sell at McDonald's). I guess I'm not the particular about my pizza!?!

Mr.EPCOT

I can't believe none of us have made this connection yet, but after some Googling I discovered that Patina operates Naples Pizzeria in Downtown Disney at Disneyland. I wouldn't expect that we'll get a full service restaurant like that, but it could be similar food. This does show that Patina has pizza experience, and even with mostly favorable reviews.

hpyhnt 1000

There is plenty of space there for another pavilion. Hopefully one day... :eek:

izzi

It sounded like it wasn't going to be a full restaurant and more like a counter service, but who knows if the plans change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom