Construction on Bonnet Creek Parkway

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hello all! There is construction/ground planning going on Bonnet Creek Parkway across from Port Orleans Riverside. Anyone have any idea what it might be? It's a seperate site from Four Seasons, but it's not too far away, so could it be related?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
East of the Vista/BCP intersection? That is one of the timeshare areas of the development. Goes all the way to the east service area.

TTATraveler

I was wondering what was going on there myself. My first thought was cast parking for POR/POFQ, but for where it is located and accessibility wise, I am not sure.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm thinking it is the Pet Hotel - it's been a while since it was announced, but it was indicated it would be in that approx area.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I'm thinking it is the Pet Hotel - it's been a while since it was announced, but it was indicated it would be in that approx area.

Well, that's disappointing. I would have been more excited if it was a new electric substation. :lol:

wendysue

Hello all! There is construction/ground planning going on Bonnet Creek Parkway across from Port Orleans Riverside. Anyone have any idea what it might be? It's a seperate site from Four Seasons, but it's not too far away, so could it be related?

The new Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels are open now, and the Wyndham timeshares are almost finished, I think. Lots of activity there with all these new rooms going in. Not part of Disney, but lots of new expensive rooms.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The new Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels are open now, and the Wyndham timeshares are almost finished, I think. Lots of activity there with all these new rooms going in. Not part of Disney, but lots of new expensive rooms.
You`re thinking of the Bonnet Creek resort, at the other end of Bonnet Creek Parkway and the otherside of Epcot Center Drive. Easy mistake. Confusing name.

On an aside, I did notice that stretch of BCP - between POR and Vista - has LED streetlights as some sort of test. Totally unrelated I know.

raiden

I figured it was utility work for 4S hotel/ts. Is there a demand for this? The kennels on property are they always full?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think they actually just recently announced that all WDW kennels were being outsourced and they are creating one monster pet care center. It was in the last couple months, but I don't remember the location. Either way, I hope for PI 2.0

I think they actually just recently announced that all WDW kennels were being outsourced and they are creating one monster pet care center. It was in the last couple months, but I don't remember the location. Either way, I hope for PI 2.0

Really? Is there that big of a demand? I mean, how many people have pet monsters?

scpergj

I would imagine the pet monsters cannot safely be housed in the same facility with domesticated dogs and cats, hence the new construction.

Now that makes more sense...

I'll now have a place for my two monsters to stay while SWMBO and I go to the parks!

Oh...you didn't mean children? You meant real monsters?

sorry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom