Connections Cafe and Eatery

Vinnie Mac

I tend to agree with all of this. This is part of the reason I think Future World might have been a bit of a misnomer in the sense that, while it did look forward, the focus was more on contemporary developments that would hopefully lead to a better future. So, while the was a definite logic to the name, I think it suggested a futuristic theme that was never quite there in the focus of the attractions or the architecture, which was also very contemporary to its time. That's why I can see people not liking contemporary aesthetic tastes and thus not liking some of the recent projects, but I struggle to understand why they're inappropriate for Epcot.

EDIT: Just in response to the above post, you can certainly make the argument it's not well executed, but I think that's a different argument to whether what they're going for is appropriate.
I see where you're coming from.

I can agree with some criticism despite the fact that I don't dislike the architecture of the new restaurant as well as the Creations Shop and Club Cool because it fits with the time that we are in therefore it also fits in Epcot.

yensidtlaw1969

It kills me how he bends over backwards to try infusing some kind of meaning for what's essentially a hopped-up McDonald's. Not the first time, either. Imagineering patter does not experience make, Zach.

The copy on that particular Instagram post reminds me of a valid criticism of a past iteration of DCA - that Paradise Pier purported to answer the question "What would it be like if Walt Disney built an amusement park in California?" . . . meanwhile, the actual, much more invigorating answer to that question lay open across the Esplanade in the form of Disneyland.

Connections Cafe is about "The relationship of place, people and food from across the world – celebrating the bountiful variety of ingredients and traditions that connect culture and food to the beautiful, diverse places that we call home"? We already have that, Zach. It's called World Showcase. And it's . . . right over there.

Centauri Space Station

The copy on that particular Instagram post reminds me of a valid criticism of a past iteration of DCA - that Paradise Pier purported to answer the question "What would it be like if Walt Disney built an amusement park in California?" . . . meanwhile, the actual, much more invigorating answer to that question lay open across the Esplanade in the form of Disneyland.

Connections Cafe is about "The relationship of place, people and food from across the world – celebrating the bountiful variety of ingredients and traditions that connect culture and food to the beautiful, diverse places that we call home"? We already have that, Zach. It's called World Showcase. And it's . . . right over there.
And this is for the folks who don’t wanna try adventurist cuisine and just basic fare

wedway64

What is happening with the old Computer Central area? There's a lot of space back there. They could do something cool with that area especially if the Epcot Center model is still around. Or paint everything white and put some wood on the ceiling.

Bumping this, as it went unanswered. Does anyone know what ever happened to the model and backstage area of Computer Central, since it is near this new f&b project?

Vinnie Mac

Sending you best wishes on recovery @marni1971 !!!!

I just realized why this felt familiar to me. This looks very, very similar to the company cafe/lunch room at one of my previous employers which was called (not kidding) Connect. The color palate was a little different, but I now can't shake the corporate cafeteria vibe from this.
Where do you work where cafes look this nice lol. My school needs to step it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom