Connections Cafe and Eatery

Epcot82Guy

While I can't confirm, I have to think the non-character entertainment at Marrakesh plus it's tucked back location had to factor in. It's like a lot of things at WDW - sometimes it's not popular, and sometimes it's not promoted to help that along...

RSoxNo1

While I can't confirm, I have to think the non-character entertainment at Marrakesh plus it's tucked back location had to factor in. It's like a lot of things at WDW - sometimes it's not popular, and sometimes it's not promoted to help that along...
For the frequency that they put characters in places, Marrakesh seems like such a logical place.

Obobru

Here eating lunch right now and I’m shocked how many people are filling up their resort refillable mugs and even water bottles with drinks from the fountain drink area.
That's what happened when you push prices too far, people stop paying. I suspect they will add cups with a barcode or RFID if it gets out of hand as they certainly won't want to pay a person to fill cups.

MagicHappens1971

That's what happened when you push prices too far, people stop paying. I suspect they will add cups with a barcode or RFID if it gets out of hand as they certainly won't want to pay a person to fill cups.
There are plenty of quick service locations where they “pay a person to fill cups”, it was kind of odd to build Connections with a free for all soda fountain (from their perspective)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Based on what I saw it’s already out of hand. One or two maybe ok but I noticed it the entire time I was eating there. Surprised but again not really

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's ok. Please know that Bobby C. has been tossing and turning at night like the Princess and the Pea, knowing there is a revenue leak of free soda syrup somewhere on Disney property. This will be addressed.

Pennies walking out the door! He hasn't slept in weeks, I hear. This is what he was told when he asked what was being done about it:

Indiana Jones Conspiracy GIF

Epcot82Guy

Pennies walking out the door! He hasn't slept in weeks, I hear. This is what he was told when he asked what was being done about it:

Indiana Jones Conspiracy GIF

Please don't be concerned. They gave him additional mental health benefits (at the company's expense) and an extra 5% bonus to help him alleviate the stress-related suffering. He'll be back to normal in no time!

Oh... and sodas are now $5.99 each.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Please don't be concerned. They gave him additional mental health benefits (at the company's expense) and an extra 5% bonus to help him alleviate the stress-related suffering. He'll be back to normal in no time!

Oh... and sodas are now $15.99 each.

FTFY. ;)

In fact, Darth Bob has now decreed that $10 be added to every food and beverage item, as revenge on those who dared remove a few pennies from his cash cow.

Epcot82Guy

Speaking seriously - I am really surprised they haven't allowed refills of resort mugs at the parks for a significant upcharge. Like $22.99 per gets you that right. But only at the open fountains like this.

BlackCauldron

Here eating lunch right now and I’m shocked how many people are filling up their resort refillable mugs and even water bottles with drinks from the fountain drink area.
Was there last week, and was shocked to see the same thing. People were doing it in Club Cool as well (and holy moly was that one a free for all of pushing and shoving children).

G00fyDad

If that shocks you then you've obviously never been to the Value resort food courts and watched people filling empty milk jugs and 2-liter bottles with soft drinks from the soda fountains before they instituted the new system.

They'll take this one away too if it becomes a problem.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If that shocks you then you've obviously never been to the Value resort food courts and watched people filling empty milk jugs and 2-liter bottles with soft drinks from the soda fountains before they instituted the new system.

They'll take this one away too if it becomes a problem.
I knew that happened at the resorts which is what prompted the mug and cup chips at the bottom but seeing this in the parks now is a little shocking. Lines were forming for people doing this not eating in the restaurant even

UNCgolf

While I understand the reasoning behind the chip cups at resorts, they're incredibly frustrating. If you start to fill up from a fountain that's out of syrup, well, too bad, the chip doesn't know that and you lose out on a drink.

It would be much better to just have staff there keeping an eye out, but obviously Disney doesn't want to pay for that.

MagicHappens1971

It would be much better to just have staff there keeping an eye out, but obviously Disney doesn't want to pay for that.

They don’t want a CM there to scold you about it. It’s the same reason no one is going to say anything about people filling up their cups at Connections. The mysterious “WAIT FOR NEXT REFILL” speaker can’t be perceived as “rude”

UNCgolf

They don’t want a CM there to scold you about it. It’s the same reason no one is going to say anything about people filling up their cups at Connections. The mysterious “WAIT FOR NEXT REFILL” speaker can’t be perceived as “rude”

Yeah, I know. It would still be better. Last time I was at a Disney resort, I used up all my refills trying to get a single drink because every one I went to was out of syrup. Luckily there was a CM who just gave me a new cup but I'm sure that doesn't always happen.

Or they could just offer unlimited free refills as long as it was a Disney chipped cup and bypass the issue -- it's not like they don't make an absolute killing on every sale.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I know. It would still be better. Last time I was at a Disney resort, I used up all my refills trying to get a single drink because every one I went to was out of syrup. Luckily there was a CM who just gave me a new cup but I'm sure that doesn't always happen.

Or they could just offer unlimited free refills as long as it was a Disney chipped cup and bypass the issue -- it's not like they don't make an absolute killing on every sale.

Hey now, think about those poor shareholders! You are literally taking food out of the mouths of those who will see their quarterly stock dividend reduced if you allow... oh wait, there still isn't a dividend. Never mind.

If they charged $1 per soda, instead of $4.50 per, what are the odds that fewer people would try to "cheat the system"? Certainly there will be a population who will try to do it regardless, but I'd bet that a fair number would just say, "$1? Sure, I can do that.". Oh, but charging less would drive demand through the roof, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom