connect the Animal Kingdom by monorail

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Very well said. I guess some of us who like to dream big just need to realize that negativity will always be with us and is just something to deal with.

I've always felt that the draw to WDW was/is a can do place. You drive down the main entrance and you find yourself racing a monorail on your right.
Instantly you know something even more special awaits inside.
Yep maybe there were a hundred obstacles in the way of building the monorail but they did it and that is what makes Disney special. A place of can do. The place, the people that do what others say can't be done, they are in history books, the others are laughed at.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've always felt that the draw to WDW was/is a can do place. You drive down the main entrance and you find yourself racing a monorail on your right.
Instantly you know something even more special awaits inside.
Yep maybe there were a hundred obstacles in the way of building the monorail but they did it and that is what makes Disney special. A place of can do. The place, the people that do what others say can't be done, they are in history books, the others are laughed at.
I see we had an extra large glass of delusion with breakfast today.

There is nothing new or innovative about a monorail.It is technology that is more than 100 years old. The one common theme all the different forms of the monorail seem to carry is they are a long way down the list when it comes to cost effective and practical methods of mass transit.

WDW could build a property wide monorail system tomorrow. The reason they don't is not because of some giant technological hurdle or lack of forward thing. It is because it would be an astonishing waste of resources and do next to nothing to solve the transportation problems facing WDW.

G00fyDad

Amazing what can be done when the will is there. Negativity seems to be our first answer to any idea nowadays.

kermit-stare-o.gif

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

There is nothing new or innovative about a monorail.It is technology that is more than 100 years old. The one common theme all the different forms of the monorail seem to carry is they are a long way down the list when it comes to cost effective and practical methods of mass transit.

WDW could build a property wide monorail system tomorrow. The reason they don't is not because of some giant technological hurdle or lack of forward thing. It is because it would be an astonishing waste of resources and do next to nothing to solve the transportation problems facing WDW.

You speak like you have some great knowledge of Disney plans, in reality you have no real knowledge of why. Only Disney knows why!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You speak like you have some great knowledge of Disney plans, in reality you have no real knowledge of why. Only Disney knows why!
I have more than enough knowledge to know that proposals for monorail expansion have been on the table more than once and it gets passed on every time because it is not an economically viable solution.

Tony the Tigger

Do you take lollipops away from children?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom