Congratulations Non-Smokers!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by MrPromey
I have a friend who smokes and won't even do so in his own house but you don't run across people like that very often and I see people in Disney doing it where they aren't supposed to be all the time.

I'm one of those. I smoke, but not in my home. I go outside to smoke. So do all of my friends and most of the family members I know.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I only smoke in desinated areas, never in a resturaunt, and if there are children about, I tend to move away from them as well.

I guess I'm just a considerate kind of guy, but like you said MrPromey, I think smokers/non-smokers are going to have to agree to disagree or this debate will just go on forever.

Hmm, hey Steve, we need a little smoker Smily. :D :fork:

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Re: Congratulations Non-Smokers!

Originally posted by GaryT977
Sorry. I'm a little bit bitter... ;)
Ah, the morning after!:) And Alabama is fixing to turn really ugly with our governor's race. And this is now a major thread drift....

SpongeScott

Sorry! Just trying to pass along the news... Maybe I should have started a thread about the 'pregnant pig' amendment instead...

:D
LOL! And can you explain what is up with that one?

Erika

Originally posted by Maria
I see a loooooong thread ahead...... LOL :animwink:

I was a second hand smoker for about 9 years with an ex-bf, then moved to Orlando and got "disintoxicated" of it! :D

Since then I added one more thing to the list of atributes in a man -my list is already too long as you can picture it... too picky I know, I know:rolleyes: - : my prince charming has to be a non smoker! lol

Seriously though, the smoke irritates my nose and it itches inside that is not even funny. Not to mention my throat and my eyes getting irritated in a place with smoke. The worst part comes when you want to go to bed and your long hair smells so bad that you can´t fall asleep and you are not really in the mood to take a shower and wash it at that time of the night, because that would wake you up! :mad:

:animwink: :animwink:

LOL Maria!!! I too dated a smoker for a long time. Even though he didn't do it in front of me, just being near him made my clothes and hair reek like cigarettes.

For the MOST part, I avoid bars and other areas where there are a lot of smokers-- I just can't enjoy myself like I want to. My nose, my throat, my eyes, my head- UGH! And then you get home, exhausted and tipsy and you just want to crawl into bed but you are right- it's either straight for the shower or else wake up feeling even WORSE from smelling it all night long as you sleep!:brick: :lol:

So THEN you go to bed with wet hair, which is not only uncomfortable but sure looks funny in the morning
:lol:

I understand that people smoke, but since I choose not to, I just wish I could go out and...well...NOT SMOKE! It's a personal decision to smoke, but one that, unfortunately, forces itself on those around you.

:wave: to all you who are considerate smokers. Thank you!

Tielo

I don't care if people smoke. If you want to get longcancer be my guest, I won't stop you. It's your life. But I must tell you I love it when I'm in Florida. When I want a seat in a restaurant I can get a no smoking seat and I love it. I live in the Netherlands and we hardly have any restaurant for non smokers. I have astma and I can get it realy bad when I'm botherd with fumes. No I have to stay in a hotel for my work and eat in restaurants and it's terrible!
Again, dear smokers, I don't give a dam if you want to kill yourself but don't kill me please...

Maria

Originally posted by Erika
LOL Maria!!! I too dated a smoker for a long time. Even though he didn't do it in front of me, just being near him made my clothes and hair reek like cigarettes.

My ex wasn´t that considerate.... he did smoke in front of me and inside of his car! I HATED IT! He coughed a lot and really worried me... but he refused to slow down or quit. He was smoking a pack a day sometimes more. Whenever I told him something, he got mad and did it more. Idiot! He was a chain smoker, lighting the next one with the butt of the previous one. :rolleyes: Oh and if you could see his teeth, you wouldn´t kiss him! I took him to the dentist after I warned him I wouldn´t do it again! :animwink:

Erika

Warning- don't read if easily grossed out

HA HA Maria- I believe you about his teeth- I work for a dentist and I mentioned in another thread how a few times a year, we get patients (older, long-time smokers) whose teeth have literally dropped out of their mouths. EWWWWWWWWWW They bring them in in baggies or envelopes asking "What is this? I think it fell off of my partial." :lookaroun

I come from a loooooooong line of chainsmokers, but none of them are around anymore. Those of us who are left have either quit or never started in the first place.

Maria

Re: Warning- don't read if easily grossed out

Originally posted by Erika
HA HA Maria- I believe you about his teeth- I work for a dentist and I mentioned in another thread how a few times a year, we get patients (older, long-time smokers) whose teeth have literally dropped out of their mouths. EWWWWWWWWWW They bring them in in baggies or envelopes asking "What is this? I think it fell off of my partial." :lookaroun

I come from a loooooooong line of chainsmokers, but none of them are around anymore. Those of us who are left have either quit or never started in the first place.

hahaha! eeeewwww! piano teeth! lol
The sad part is that this guy is only 34 and has been smoking for 18 years already!

Another one of my friends just quitted two weeks ago after smoking for a looooong time. He says his motivation is his two year old son and the one his wife is expecting. I applaud that! :sohappy:

Main Street USA

I have athsma and actually hung out in smoke filled bars for 5 years in college. There were really only 2 things that bugged me about the smoke:

1. The way my clothes AND my skin smelled when I left,

2. The BURNING!!! MY GOD!!! MY EYES ARE BURNING!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!:eek:

MrPromey

Sorry! Just trying to pass along the news... Maybe I should have started a thread about the 'pregnant pig' amendment instead...

:D

Now you’re talking!:sohappy:

I’m all for being nice to mama-pigs but not for the purpose of feeding someone else’s political agenda. There are only two farms in the entire state that will be affected by this and yet a handful of NATIONAL organizations spilled money into getting this thing made into an amendment to our state constitution… Gee, why didn’t they take it to a bigger farming state where it would matter more… hm… me wonders. :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Ummm...Haven't WDW quests been quite limited in where they can smoke for several years now?

From what I know, WDW has designated smoking areas; however, many many people don't abide by their rules. CMs are continually telling people that they are not allowed to smoke here and tell them where the nearest smoking area is and all I ever hear from the rude people who do this is crab that it's their health. Well, it's our health too especially with the 2nd hand smoke!:brick: Secondly, a man sitting next to my son lit up on our last trip to Disney (in a non-smoking area) and he had his lighter turned up too high and luckily I had just picked up my son otherwise his hair probably would have lit on fire.:cry: Seriously, a lot of smokers don't have respect for us non-smokers. My father has smoked for over 40 years of his life and he's that same way so please don't bash me for being overprotective of my son or my health. :animwink:

If you smoke, please keep to the designated smoking areas of the parks and/or hotels. It would make life much easier for us! Thanks!:)

CmdrTostada

The thing you have to remember about this amendment is, what will be the impact on businesses? i know it was done in California but California is so screwed up that you wouldn't know what caused what (and no I dont dislike California, I was born there, but I think their governor is an idiot). And this amendment could also lead to people trying to propose a law that says you can't smoke in your house if you have kids.

MicBat

I don't see how anyone can smoke a cigarette while they're eating!!! "Okay... let me see... can I inhale and chew at the same time or should I just interchange?" :hammer: And then there's the whole getting ashes in your food :hurl:

jaylenofan86

(and know i dont dislike California, I was born there, but I think their governor is an idiot)
Amen! I hate him so much! Saying he will change this and that and not doing a thing! *sigh* Oh well, what can I do?

TravisMT81

Oh yes, I hate when even my skin smells when I come home from a club Yuck!! But only Cali has the law that bans smokin in clubs too. Alot of times I will just not go because I hate takin a shower when I come home and I just want to hit the sack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom