Congratulations Non-Smokers!

Sherm00

horay for non smokers. now they need to make it a nation wide law. seriously, I am allergic and do not need to sit near anyone smokeing. and non smokeing areas are a joke because either people do not follow the rules or they put the smokeing area so close to the non smokeing area it dosn't make a diffrence. we walked out of many a resturant because of this.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
From reading the admendment, it is pretty specific to indoors, so unless Disney decides to just ban smoking on their property for some reason, I think everything will just stay the same as it is now with the possiable exception of a couple of establishments at PI.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by GaryT977
It looks like Florida's Amendment 6 has passed, which will really cut back on the number of smoking areas in the state, including WDW. Since I'm on the patch (again), it won't affect me much, but for you smokers... :lookaroun

(and Jeb Bush stole another one. DAMMIT! :mad: )
Curious to hear the changes this will bring to WDW since it was so restricted anyway. Sea World is the place that needs the restrictions.

And I wouldn't call 56% of the vote a "steal."

dreamer

Originally posted by mktiggerman
don't smoke, and don't want to smoke. But I can at least deal with people who do (i'm not a total )...

So is everyone with asthma a total ?

Or would implying they are actually make you one?

:kiss:

dreamer

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Hopefully they'll ban crying babies. I'm as sick of them as non-smokers are of my smoking. Or at least have a designated "crying baby section"...off in a corner, no cover/shade, etc. :D

There is a place for people who don't like crying babies -- it's called YOUR HOME.

(I'd rather suck in second-hand smoke all day than comments like that.)

Nut4Disney

And by the way Jeb Bush didn't steal anything. He won fairly, just as George W. did in 2000. It was by such a clear margin this time, that the democrats can't cry and whine, and file lawsuits for recounts until they get the outcome they want.:) :sohappy:

jcmayid

3 and 1/2 weeks, non-smoker here!!! It was ahrd, but I feel much better. Throw those coffin nails away, I want no part of them anymore. They can ban it completely for all I care.:p

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by mktiggerman
don't smoke, and don't want to smoke. But I can at least deal with people who do (i'm not a total )...

Thanks Rob... :)

I am not a rude smoker....
but, the reformed smokers are the worst...pain in my A$$ :lol:

*runs and hides....then lights up*

MicBat

I'm getting my room mate quit smoking. I also got him to stop getting drunk every night and to actually go to class! I'm such a positive influence! :lol: :hammer:

MrPromey

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Thank you. Not all of us are bad, although some of the people here will contest, due to their maybe once bad experience.

Yes, we've been quite limited for a while, although we do have smoking areas throughout each park. Most of them are off in a corner, no cover while it's raining, etc. But it's better than nothing I guess.

Hopefully they'll ban crying babies. I'm as sick of them as non-smokers are of my smoking. Or at least have a designated "crying baby section"...off in a corner, no cover/shade, etc. :D

I don't think smokers are bad people but I also don't think that *most* are aware of how offensive, their habit is to non-smokers.

I know that it wasn't until after my mother had totally quit that she became aware of that stale musty smell that hangs on just about anything that has been in an environment with smokers for any length of time or the uncomfortable feeling of inhaling the smoke in the air as you walk past a person smoking.

I have noticed that those who do seem to understand, tend to be a lot more polite about how, when and where they do it and to that end, if you aren't doing it around me, aren't doing it around anyone I care about (I've lost three family members to it) and you aren't someone I care about, I say have at it - puff away. :)

As for the crybaby thing, perhaps you could come down here and petition to have it come up in the next elections.

Since the vast majority of Florida voted this into law, I'm guessing that it isn't just a few crybabies that have a problem with it... How many smokers do you think voted for it? :)

DMC-12

Originally posted by Lance
I'll take 1000 crying babies over one smoker any day of the week......

lol....not me... ever been on a plane to Orlando...or anywhere....with dozens of screaming and crying little ones... and on top of that they kick the back of your seat...that is pure hell to me... :lol: I had a kicker and screamer flying back from MCO on my last trip...the WHOLE flight... not fun... :)

Pioneer Hall

In a place like Disney World or a restaurant I am happy that smokers aren't in with the rest of the crowd. If they need to smoke there is no reason it can't be done outside a restaurant or in an area away from others in a theme park.

Lance

Originally posted by DMC-12
lol....not me... ever been on a plane to Orlando...or anywhere....with dozens of screaming and crying little ones... and on top of that they kick the back of your seat...that is pure hell to me... :lol: I had a kicker and screamer flying back from MCO on my last trip...the WHOLE flight... not fun... :)

Yea, for me though those sweet innocent children aren't doing anything to physically harm me, they can cry all they want, but those 5 screaming kids, aren't subjecting my lungs to second hand smoke.:D

And yes, a bunch of smokers did vote in favor of the amendment, cause they actually have respect for non-smoker's rights. I'd LIKE to think the majority of smoker's do have respect for non-smokers.

I know where this thread is headed, but it's so damn fun, I love talking about smoking.

DMC-12

I'd LIKE to think the majority of smoker's do have respect for non-smokers.

I know where this thread is headed, but it's so damn fun, I love talking about smoking.

Well I do have respect for non-smokers.....not only at WDW...but anywhere.... :)

I know where this thread is headed to :lol: its happend many times before :)

MrPromey

Yea, for me though those sweet innocent children aren't doing anything to physically harm me, they can cry all they want, but those 5 screaming kids, aren't subjecting my lungs to second hand smoke.:D

And yes, a bunch of smokers did vote in favor of the amendment, cause they actually have respect for non-smoker's rights. I'd LIKE to think the majority of smoker's do have respect for non-smokers.

I have a friend who smokes and won't even do so in his own house but you don't run across people like that very often and I see people in Disney doing it where they aren't supposed to be all the time.

As far as the smokers agreeing to the non-smoking thing, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. I think, if so many cared, the smoking section of restaurants would not be as busy as they are. If the majority of smokers didn't feel it was appropriate to smoke in these kinds of places, we wouldn't need a law to keep them from doing it. :)

When I was younger and worked at a Mc Donald's, we went smoke free and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to enforce. You would go out into the lobby and there would be people smoking using any number of things as ashtrays with total disregard to the signs posted. When we asked them to put them out or to go outside with them, many got indignant - then again, they knew they weren't supposed to be smoking there to begin with so they were probably not a good representation of all smokers.

Maria

I see a loooooong thread ahead...... LOL :animwink:

I was a second hand smoker for about 9 years with an ex-bf, then moved to Orlando and got "disintoxicated" of it! :D

Since then I added one more thing to the list of atributes in a man -my list is already too long as you can picture it... too picky I know, I know:rolleyes: - : my prince charming has to be a non smoker! lol

Seriously though, the smoke irritates my nose and it itches inside that is not even funny. Not to mention my throat and my eyes getting irritated in a place with smoke. The worst part comes when you want to go to bed and your long hair smells so bad that you can´t fall asleep and you are not really in the mood to take a shower and wash it at that time of the night, because that would wake you up! :mad:

:animwink: :animwink:

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
I see a loooooong thread ahead...... LOL :animwink:

Sorry! Just trying to pass along the news... Maybe I should have started a thread about the 'pregnant pig' amendment instead...

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom