(CONFIRMED!) Moana is going to meet in AdventureLand during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
But then again, they still have Nick and Judy on a float
I've said it once and I will say it again.
Nick and Judy aren't necessarily stuck on a float, as of November 2016. They do come down to dance/interact with the guests, however, they don't come down during the conga line or during the finale. However, this isn't always the case, sometimes they stay on the float or are on another float but that is usually rare nowadays.
I think you forgot about that I bet. There's a good chance they will be meeting during this year's MVMCP....
Also Ralph and Vanelope are the ones whom IMHO are stuck in a parade (MNSSHP and MVMCP).
they waited a LONG time to add Joy, Sadness and Olaf ...
Joy and Sadness were at HKDL before they moved to WDW. Unfortunately they did not do M&Gs anywhere else. Olaf was stuck in a stage show and a parade during MVMCP before he did M&Gs at WDW.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
They have a meet and greet in Hollywood Studios while the movies is out, then there's a gap while they prepare a more permanent space.
But this isn't always the case or is partly true, e.g. with the UP characters, only Dug and Russel starting doing M&Gs at AK after a short gap, Baymax started doing M&Gs at Epcot 6 months after Hiro and him were evicted from HWS, Vanelope and Ralph were never to be seen doing regular M&Gs again, and Lotso became exclusive to MNSSHP.

Kman101

I've said it once and I will say it again.
Nick and Judy aren't necessarily stuck on a float, as of November 2016. They do come down to dance/interact with the guests, however, they don't come down during the conga line or during the finale. However, this isn't always the case, sometimes they stay on the float or are on another float but that is usually rare nowadays.
I think you forgot about that I bet. There's a good chance they will be meeting during this year's MVMCP....
Also Ralph and Vanelope are the ones whom IMHO are stuck in a parade (MNSSHP and MVMCP).

Joy and Sadness were at HKDL before they moved to WDW. Unfortunately they did not do M&Gs anywhere else. Olaf was stuck in a stage show and a parade during MVMCP before he did M&Gs at WDW.

Yes. I know. But it's not the same as a meet and greet. I'm aware they can come down now.

I'm aware of the history of the others.

CaptainAmerica

But this isn't always the case or is partly true, e.g. with the UP characters, only Dug and Russel starting doing M&Gs at AK after a short gap, Baymax started doing M&Gs at Epcot 6 months after Hiro and him were evicted from HWS, Vanelope and Ralph were never to be seen doing regular M&Gs again, and Lotso became exclusive to MNSSHP.
None of those are anywhere near the popularity of Moana. The closest recent approximation would be Merida, and even she isn't as well-loved.

Steel City Magic

Do NOT get rid of tiki room, but I believe a M&G would be great. I don't think they should build attractions for new movies. M &Gs and mechandise sure as they can be easily swapped for the flavor of the month, but maybe put a 10 year mandate on IPs to see if the popularity holds up first...

Rsj88

Can we please have both! Tiki Room is one of my favorite memories as a child and now it's a must do with my kids! I love Moana and so do both my boys but really can we please find a place for her that's not the Tiki Room!

Daveeeeed

I am pretty surprised a popular character like Moana hasn't been brought back. But then again, they still have Nick and Judy on a float, they waited a LONG time to add Joy, Sadness and Olaf ... WDW does a poor job with M&G variety overall.
Especially when compared to Disneyland where they walk around and you can have a good time with them. Walt Disney World is too tourist based for my taste.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster

brb1006

I am pretty surprised a popular character like Moana hasn't been brought back. But then again, they still have Nick and Judy on a float, they waited a LONG time to add Joy, Sadness and Olaf ... WDW does a poor job with M&G variety overall.
Doesn't help that Judy and Nick meet at AK during one of the showings of the film sometime last Spring and later at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Doesn't help that Judy and Nick meet at AK during one of the showings of the film sometime last Spring and later at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK.
Yeah, and add onto the rumors that @Sped2424, @dcharacternews, and many others (including myself) have brought up that they would be heading for Epcot this year. You wonder what's abound to happen.
And it should be noted that, if/when the rumors regarding the Zootopia themed land at AK becomes true, there's a good chance that Nick & Judy could be meeting at AK, not at MVMCP or Epcot.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
And speaking of these two, over at DLP, they were in a special "pre-parade" today! Unfortunately, they've only had a short stint of M&Gs there, and other than those stints they are rare at DLP, and at TDL they were in this year's Easter parade.

No Name

I find attractions, shows, theming, etc. to be much more exciting topics, but it's refreshing to see people on here like @JudyHopps who have such different interests. I'm sure many on here think that obsessing over meet and greets is weird, but how much moreso than obsessing over rides? I think the average onlooker would consider it equally strange.

Yeah, and add onto the rumors that @Sped2424, @dcharacternews, and many others (including myself) have brought up that they would be heading for Epcot this year. You wonder what's abound to happen.
And it should be noted that, if/when the rumors regarding the Zootopia themed land at AK becomes true, there's a good chance that Nick & Judy could be meeting at AK, not at MVMCP or Epcot.

No Zootopia land is coming to DAK in the near future, and personally, I hope it never does. Terrible terrible idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom