CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

raven

I see what you mean but that east side of Future World has always been dedicated to single attraction pavilions (excluding WOL). The west side pavilions were the ones with the multi attractions. UOE can be turned into an EMV darkride where you must go back in time and the future to discover new energy sources. That would be informative and fun and they can still keep the dinos.

I worked with Stupid Judy all last night. :lol: The Energy show building is actually smaller than it looks. There are only 3 "rooms" and a short path between the 2nd and 3rd room. While the rooms are large they appear to be much larger due to show lighting and hight. The attraction is "long" because the vehicles move slow and have long periods of non-movement. Putting in an EMV type ride would make it appear short. But a dark ride with single vehicles or an omnimover would give plenty of time to tell a story if they were to redo this attraction. I love Ellen but it's almost time for a change.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Am I the only one who caught this post?

Does the new concept have the pavilion going away from the Imagination theme altogether?

No you aren't the only one who caught the post, but:

A.) It's quite vague
B.) Anyone paying attention to Mystic Manor's plans in HKDL knows that Disney is still being cheap when it comes to doing advanced track layouts.

Unless this is a completely different type of ride/show, I don't expect the track to be changed much.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
But seriously. Why not bring those Kuka arms over here give them a Phineas and Ferb theme and re name ImageWorks "Imagineer That" where you create your own ride with the help of an imagineer.

Or they can re do the entire pavilion and bring something thrilling in. I would like that :wave:

Sorry! Your first idea was already taken by SUM of all thrills at innoventions... just not with a CM :lookaroun

Also, "re-do the entire pavilion and bring something thrilling in." Either Fuji Mountain, or Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder :D

tirian

No you aren't the only one who caught the post, but:

A.) It's quite vague Yep.
B.) Anyone paying attention to Mystic Manor's plans in HKDL knows that Disney is still being cheap when it comes to doing advanced track layouts. Which is why nobody is making a big deal out of the proposed plans for Imagination.

Unless this is a completely different type of ride/show, I don't expect the track to be changed much.

Responses in red. :)

Jerm

The Imagination pavillion was one of the most popular rides on property a while ago

When was this? I know since I have been visiting WDW just over 15 years now or so, JII/JIYI and tossing Figment back into the mix has not been a draw at all. It is the Peoplemover of Epcot, you know it is busy when it has any type of queue at all!

I have heard from a good source that Kodak is out but just for the pavilion, don't look for anyone new on the maps!

wdwmousetales

Imagination Busy

When I was a kid and Imagination was in its original state. I am referring to the late 80's the ride had long lines that wrapped around the bottom floor. In my opinion the lines would still be at a much higher level if the attraction had never been altered at all.

Monorail Lime

When was this? I know since I have been visiting WDW just over 15 years now or so, JII/JIYI and tossing Figment back into the mix has not been a draw at all. It is the Peoplemover of Epcot, you know it is busy when it has any type of queue at all!
JII was the second most popular EPCOT attraction (behind Spaceship Earth) until the 1999 makeover killed it.

tirian

Except the Peoplemover actually pulls in pretty high numbers!

djkidkaz

Except the Peoplemover actually pulls in pretty high numbers!

Really? It seems like Im always the only person on it...but god how I love that thing. I seriously think it might be one of my favorite rides in all of WDW! Its just so relaxing and enjoyable.

BrerFrog

If Kodak would have renewed their sponsorship a rehab would have happened. Now all we can do is hope this doesn't turn into WoL.

I don't think that is the case. We know there are plans for the pavillion, and Disney can't afford to lose all capacity the pavillion gives to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom