CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

raven

Connect the building to Soarin and have that be the E-ticket. I suggested this earlier and then went and looked at satellite pics of the area. Soarin is actually closer to Imagination than Land!

It is closer to Imag. And Imag is very close to Canada as well. Because the bridge by the bathrooms elevates a couple of feet utility vehicles can't get across it due to the monorail beam directly overhead (look at the stratches under the beam if you don't believe me). All vehicles have to use that gate to do any work over there and connecting the two buildings would cut off this access completely. I can understand though that backstage roads and areas don't make much sense to guests unless they know exactly how important they are for the daily operations of the park. Just an insight. :animwink:

Mansion Butler

Alright, WDW Magic folks! Let's start putting our money together, it's time for us to sponsor the Imagination pavilion!

When we win the bid, who wants to be in charge of getting the original Image Works back up to speed? Re-imagine it if you want, just give me my giant pin board and rainbow hallway.

JWG

I say no way to Apple (or anyone frankly, there are plenty of sponsor opportunities out there not being consumed to think Imagination will get picked up 1/1/11 or anything). Jobs has been on the board for quite awhile now and there's no major Apple partnership.

I think if Apple were interesed we'd already be there.

djkidkaz

Can someone explain the sponsorship thing to me? How does it work? I see people seemingly happy that Kodak has pulled out, but isn't that less money to upkeep the pavilion then? I assumed that Disney and Kodak were putting money into it, now its just Disney having to front the whole thing, correct? So why would it be a positive thing to lose Kodak? Unless its just the idea that maybe someone else will take it over to help Disney, but it seems very few companies even do sponsorships anymore in WDW. :shrug:

jt04

It is closer to Imag. And Imag is very close to Canada as well. Because the bridge by the bathrooms elevates a couple of feet utility vehicles can't get across it due to the monorail beam directly overhead (look at the stratches under the beam if you don't believe me). All vehicles have to use that gate to do any work over there and connecting the two buildings would cut off this access completely. I can understand though that backstage roads and areas don't make much sense to guests unless they know exactly how important they are for the daily operations of the park. Just an insight. :animwink:

I always have a plan B.:lol: Then they need a new soarin' film that relates to 'the land' at the very least. :cool:

Fractal514

On the imagineering boards last year we had to create a new "Imagination Ride" featuring Figment but not the Dreamfinder. My team developed a ride around this idea I had of having the guests create their own figment on the ride as they learn about imagination and the creative process, and then they could take the figment into an revamped imageworks and play with it. In that version we used famous artists throughout history to narrate and guide you and figment, but I think it would be awesome to bring back the Dreamfinder and have him work with you to create something of your own.

castevens

I know I was just clarifying.

Now if I was Disney I would court Boeing or another aerospace company and repurpose the pavilion to meteorology and aerospace. Connect the building to Soarin and have that be the E-ticket. I suggested this earlier and then went and looked at satellite pics of the area. Soarin is actually closer to Imagination than Land!

soarinimagination.jpg

Good point. The queue could *easily* be rerouted to the imagination pavilion.

jt04

soarinimagination.jpg

Good point. The queue could *easily* be rerouted to the imagination pavilion.

Nice work. But some CM named Raven showed up here squashed my dream. CM's :rolleyes:

jk :lol:

I realize there are issues with backstage logistics but it could be done. Anything can be engineered with enough cash.

I do think they need a pavilion that features weather and aeronautics etc. They could put Imagination in the old WoL and retheme Energy and have it showcase creative disciplines and possibly Imagineering.

Energy is just too difficult a theme and needs to go. IMO.

SeaBase86

Well see you later Kodak. Now let's find a company who will bring this pavilion to E Ticket level.

Crayola! You all seem to have Imagination and we have an empty pavilion so what do you say let's make a deal!!

raven

Nice work. But some CM named Raven showed up here squashed my dream. CM's :rolleyes:

jk :lol:

I realize there are issues with backstage logistics but it could be done. Anything can be engineered with enough cash.

Well if you want Future World West promenade area to rot due to lack of groundskeeping, cleaning, repair and painting then so be it. :lol:

raven

Raven, has there been any movement on a refurb of the ride? Any rumblings about a new sponsor?

New sponsor? No idea. Movement on the ride? Well, more like plans are being thrown around for the whole pavilion and not exclusively the ride itself.

misterID

New sponsor? No idea. Movement on the ride? Well, more like plans are being thrown around for the whole pavilion and not exclusively the ride itself.

You think the pavillion will remain based on Imagination, like, Figment isn't in danger of being axed again, is he?

raven

You think the pavillion will remain based on Imagination, like, Figment isn't in danger of being axed again, is he?

Stranger things have happened. But if they don't find a sponsor this pavilion might end up like the Seas and fall victim to another animated Disney character. :(

misterID

i am hearing it might be a total re-do. completely different.

Stranger things have happened. But if they don't find a sponsor this pavilion might end up like the Seas and fall victim to another animated Disney character.

That would be awful.

Especially since he's the only original character the park has.

I thought he'd be pretty safe considering the outcry the last time they got rid of him.

It would be a very sad day to see Figment go :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom