CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

jt04

Stranger things have happened. But if they don't find a sponsor this pavilion might end up like the Seas and fall victim to another animated Disney character. :(

Pixar is doing a Cars type treatment with airplanes. So a Nemo type overlay seems possible if they do a weather/aerospace pavilion. Personally I'd be all for it if Stormrider was added also and Soarin.

runs far far away to avoid the flames :wave:

misterID

If they wanted to put Storm Rider in EPCOT they could add it to The Land pavillion or stick it in one of the Innovention buildings.

Man, they have the WOL building, which is pretty big, to come up with another attraction :mad:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You think the pavillion will remain based on Imagination, like, Figment isn't in danger of being axed again, is he?

i am hearing it might be a total re-do. completely different.

Stranger things have happened. But if they don't find a sponsor this pavilion might end up like the Seas and fall victim to another animated Disney character. :(

Nooooooo.....:eek:

They've gotta keep Figment! As MisterID said, he's EPCOT's original character!

raven

If another rehab is to happen of the ride itself there would need to be a lot of structural work done with the building at the same time. Keeping the same ride technology (even if using the old track areas that are still under the floor) then those issues would be minimal. But if they were to try something else in the space, it simply would be easier to scrap the show building and start from scratch. Something tells me that after 3 versions of the current ride they might just go with a new concept.

TinkerBelle8878

What I'm having trouble understanding, and never understood in regard to WoL, is that in no other Disney park is something just shuttered due to no sponsorship. I don't think there's very much sponsorship in MK or AK that I can recall with a few exceptions (Small World, Space Mtn, and I think GE used to sponsor CoP). Yet everything there pretty much remains open. Why not do without sponsorship altogether?

If a company asks to do it, fine. But if there isn't a company to do it, why ruin the look and flow of the park?

Saying that, I'm totally against Apple having any presence in the parks. I'm not a fan of their products, after a bad expereience with an ipod mini (my 1st and only Apple product), and the overtaking of the parks to the mighty I-things is something that gives me the chills.

But I wonder what, if any, rights Kodak holds to Figment. That could put a jam in any future redo or keeping the pavillion with him open.

tirian

If another rehab is to happen of the ride itself there would need to be a lot of structural work done with the building at the same time. Keeping the same ride technology (even if using the old track areas that are still under the floor) then those issues would be minimal. But if they were to try something else in the space, it simply would be easier to scrap the show building and start from scratch. Something tells me that after 3 versions of the current ride they might just go with a new concept.

There is a front-line concept right now, and it would make huge changes to the track.

Thrill Seeker

What I'm having trouble understanding, and never understood in regard to WoL, is that in no other Disney park is something just shuttered due to no sponsorship. I don't think there's very much sponsorship in MK or AK that I can recall with a few exceptions (Small World, Space Mtn, and I think GE used to sponsor CoP). Yet everything there pretty much remains open. Why not do without sponsorship altogether?

If a company asks to do it, fine. But if there isn't a company to do it, why ruin the look and flow of the park?

Saying that, I'm totally against Apple having any presence in the parks. I'm not a fan of their products, after a bad expereience with an ipod mini (my 1st and only Apple product), and the overtaking of the parks to the mighty I-things is something that gives me the chills.

You have a point there... Here's a list of a few attractions that use to have sponsors that don't anymore...

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin Presented by Mattel
it's A Small World Presented by Mattel
Carousel of Progress Presented by GE
The Great Movie Ride Presented by Coca-Cola
The Country Bear Jamboree Presented by Pepsi-Cola
Space Mountain Presented by RCA
Space Mountain Presented by Fed-Ex
Countdown to Extinction Presented by McDonalds
The Land Presented by Nestle

Just to name a few...

It can survive without a sponsor as long as Disney is willing to pour some money into it's revival...

But I wonder what, if any, rights Kodak holds to Figment. That could put a jam in any future redo or keeping the pavillion with him open.

NiarrNDisney

You think the pavillion will remain based on Imagination, like, Figment isn't in danger of being axed again, is he?

So does that mean Figment may leave? Would I be wrong to assume that Kodak owns the rights to the little purple dude?

SeaBase86

I hope there is no Pixar overlay. You've seen what they done to my beloved Living Seas. This can't happen twice.

But then again they did 2 nemo themed attractions during the same time.

jt04

I hope there is no Pixar overlay. You've seen what they done to my beloved Living Seas. This can't happen twice.

But then again they did 2 nemo themed attractions during the same time.

I agree in that it would be very easy for them to overdue it. But I still think the Nemo overlay is a huge improvement to that space. The queue is vastly improved as is the ride itself.

And I think an 'Airplanes' overlay could enhance the pavilion over the current Imagination ride. Of course this is just pure speculation including the movie at this point.

I'm actually hoping Raven is right because the bulldozer treatment might be better than any overlay/refurb/repurposing of the building. Starting from scratch holds a lot of promise. Of course I prefer Mission Space over Horizons by a mile. :cool:

SeaBase86

I agree in that it would be very easy for them to overdue it. But I still think the Nemo overlay is a huge improvement to that space. The queue is vastly improved as is the ride itself.

And I think an 'Airplanes' overlay could enhance the pavilion over the current Imagination ride. Of course this is just pure speculation including the movie at this point.

I'm actually hoping Raven is right because the bulldozer treatment might be better than any overlay/refurb/repurposing of the building. Starting from scratch holds a lot of promise. Of course I prefer Mission Space over Horizons by a mile. :cool:

Me to. I feel Mission: Space surpasses Horizons.

(runs away)

But seriously. Why not bring those Kuka arms over here give them a Phineas and Ferb theme and re name ImageWorks "Imagineer That" where you create your own ride with the help of an imagineer.

Or they can re do the entire pavilion and bring something thrilling in. I would like that :wave:

djkidkaz

Ok, Im sorry, but I've gotta say it. I do not like Dreamfinder or Figment at all. I wish they would get rid of the whole thing and start from scratch. Granted I started going to WDW in 2000, so I never saw the original attraction that people speak so highly of, but I just dont have any attachment to the purple dragon. Off with his head!

jt04

Me to. I feel Mission: Space surpasses Horizons.

(runs away)

But seriously. Why not bring those Kuka arms over here give them a Phineas and Ferb theme and re name ImageWorks "Imagineer That" where you create your own ride with the help of an imagineer.

Or they can re do the entire pavilion and bring something thrilling in. I would like that :wave:

Yes, I think Future World would be perfect for an Imagination/Imagineering combined pavilion. So much potential for inspiring young minds to consider engineering. Disney could build an entire franchise around the idea including educational programs. I think they have already done some of that. The kuka arms would be perfect for this sort of application. They could repurpose the Energy pavilion too as a possible venue because the area inside that building could hold so much infrastructure which could be installed from kuka to a small dark ride and many interactive displays etc etc.

Now if we could just get them to read this stuff :lol:

SeaBase86

Ok, Im sorry, but I've gotta say it. I do not like Dreamfinder or Figment at all. I wish they would get rid of the whole thing and start from scratch. Granted I started going to WDW in 2000, so I never saw the original attraction that people speak so highly of, but I just dont have any attachment to the purple dragon. Off with his head!

Lol watch out these Imagination and Horizons fans get a little touchy about these things.

I've been going since 1996 and I've seen the Dreamfinder one once or twice. But I do know that it was better than what's given now. Sure there are some cool visuals but there's very little imagination in their now. Ironic isn't it?

SeaBase86

Yes, I think Future World would be perfect for an Imagination/Imagineering combined pavilion. So much potential for inspiring young minds to consider engineering. Disney could build an entire franchise around the idea including educational programs. I think they have already done some of that. The kuka arms would be perfect for this sort of application. They could repurpose the Energy pavilion too as a possible venue because the area inside that building could hold so much infrastructure which could be installed from kuka to a small dark ride and many interactive displays etc etc.

Now if we could just get them to read this stuff :lol:

They go hand and hand. Imagination Imagineer, see the connection? Lol c mon Disney.

Really a lot of the Innoventions exhibits can be good for the ImageWorks area. The Kuka arms, along with the create your own video game avatar. Those 2 along with the music in the air thing, bring back the rainbow hallway, and have a new exhibit where you create your own house using your Imagination then you have a great ImageWorks again.

jt04

They go hand and hand. Imagination Imagineer, see the connection? Lol c mon Disney.

Really a lot of the Innoventions exhibits can be good for the ImageWorks area. The Kuka arms, along with the create your own video game avatar. Those 2 along with the music in the air thing, bring back the rainbow hallway, and have a new exhibit where you create your own house using your Imagination then you have a great ImageWorks again.

I'm just thinking they would need a whole lot more space than Innoventions offers. WoL might be big enough but certainly the Energy building would. Actually I think the subject of Energy would best be handled in a portion of Innoventions. Like it used to be when they had FW right.

SeaBase86

I'm just thinking they would need a whole lot more space than Innoventions offers. WoL might be big enough but certainly the Energy building would. Actually I think the subject of Energy would best be handled in a portion of Innoventions. Like it used to be when they had FW right.

I see what you mean but that east side of Future World has always been dedicated to single attraction pavilions (excluding WOL). The west side pavilions were the ones with the multi attractions. UOE can be turned into an EMV darkride where you must go back in time and the future to discover new energy sources. That would be informative and fun and they can still keep the dinos.

jt04

I see what you mean but that east side of Future World has always been dedicated to single attraction pavilions (excluding WOL). The west side pavilions were the ones with the multi attractions. UOE can be turned into an EMV darkride where you must go back in time and the future to discover new energy sources. That would be informative and fun and they can still keep the dinos.

I keep hoping they will bring the multi-attraction concept to all the pavilions. I did a long description of how the Test Track pavilion could get mutiple attractions. This thread has helped figure out my blue sky concepts for how future world should be transformed. Now I just need to put it all together and post it. And I'll have the time if I get exiled to the Imagineering forum. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom