CONFIRMED JINGLE CRUISE RETURNING FOR 2017

JohnD

What do you mean where??? It was just in the post you were quoting, what more evidence do you need! :cautious::rolleyes::D

Because @Bacon says so? No offense but I'd like to know tne source.

BTW, an Indy ride is confirmed for the Brazil pavilion. What? You want proof? Well, it's in the post. Isn't that good enough? See my point?

Goofyernmost

Because @Bacon says so? No offense but I'd like to know tne source.

BTW, an Indy ride is confirmed for the Brazil pavilion. What? You want proof? Well, it's in the post. Isn't that good enough? See my point?
My point was sarcasm (see those cute little pictures at the end) Sorry, it wasn't clear. To be more clear... no it isn't enough proof. In other words I agree with you.

ToTBellHop

From https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/jungle-cruise/
8DDE435D-0B0C-4964-8A60-F193A8707437.jpeg

The Jingle Cruise
Join the homesick Jungle Cruise skippers as they set out on a holly jolly journey packed with shenanigans.

Each year during the holiday season, your favorite Jungle Cruise experiences transform into the Jingle Cruise—a festive-yet-familiar adventure, from stem to stern!

As you make your way through attraction queue to the boathouse and beyond, be sure to check out all the merry décor that’s been mailed to the skippers, or that they've created themselves. They’ve even added a few holiday jokes to their tours to help everyone get in the spirit!

JohnD

View attachment 235517
The Jingle Cruise
Join the homesick Jungle Cruise skippers as they set out on a holly jolly journey packed with shenanigans.

Each year during the holiday season, your favorite Jungle Cruise experiences transform into the Jingle Cruise—a festive-yet-familiar adventure, from stem to stern!

As you make your way through attraction queue to the boathouse and beyond, be sure to check out all the merry décor that’s been mailed to the skippers, or that they've created themselves. They’ve even added a few holiday jokes to their tours to help everyone get in the spirit!

Thank you.

Goofyernmost

View attachment 235517
The Jingle Cruise

That has to be a picture from last year. Christmas decorations are not up yet. I still don't see any conformation of it being put in place this year.There are a whole lot of things wrong with that picture. One is it says Jungle above and Jingle below. It has no dates for Jingle Cruise there and all the gallery pictures are just the Jungle Cruise and nothing else. It has been a thing in recent years that the promotional branch is one of the last to know what is going on and just the page alone makes me wonder if they have any idea what is happening in MK. So, it could be right or it could be just shoddy promotional stuff. It really is no confirmation at all as far as I can tell.

ToTBellHop

That has to be a picture from last year. Christmas decorations are not up yet. I still don't see any conformation of it being put in place this year.There are a whole lot of things wrong with that picture. One is it says Jungle above and Jingle below. It has no dates for Jingle Cruise there and all the gallery pictures are just the Jungle Cruise and nothing else. It has been a thing in recent years that the promotional branch is one of the last to know what is going on and just the page alone makes me wonder if they have any idea what is happening in MK. So, it could be right or it could be just shoddy promotional stuff. It really is no confirmation at all as far as I can tell.
There was no mention of Jingle Cruise yesterday. It was purposely added today. MDE has also been updated.

JohnD

It won't be Jingle Cruise until 11/2 at the earliest. MNSSHP runs through 11/1.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It won't be Jingle Cruise until 11/2 at the earliest. MNSSHP runs through 11/1.

Question, if you know the answer...Jungle Cruise is not part of the offerings for the Halloween party, is it on the attraction list for the Christmas party hard ticket?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Question, if you know the answer...Jungle Cruise is not part of the offerings for the Halloween party, is it on the attraction list for the Christmas party hard ticket?

In the past, Jingle Cruise has been marketed for both the hard ticket event and for the holidays in general. So, you can ride it at night. Don't know if they might change that. There isn't anything on the MVMCP or Jingle Cruise pages to confirm it runs during the event, but, it's likely to.

Spike-in-Berlin

As already several commentators wrote, "Jingle Cruise" is such a forced and inadequate overlay that doesn't even remotely fit to the attraction that I consider it far better to have no christmas-related overlays instead of completely inappropriate ones. I mean, christmas decoration in a tropical jungle environment? That was a stupid idea from the beginning on and I consider the news that they will return a BAD decision. We were considering a trip to the World before the christmas crowds start and I don't like the idea that one of my favorite rides is spoiled during the entire stay.

ToTBellHop

As already several commentators wrote, "Jingle Cruise" is such a forced and inadequate overlay that doesn't even remotely fit to the attraction that I consider it far better to have no christmas-related overlays instead of completely inappropriate ones. I mean, christmas decoration in a tropical jungle environment? That was a stupid idea from the beginning on and I consider the news that they will return a BAD decision. We were considering a trip to the World before the christmas crowds start and I don't like the idea that one of my favorite rides is spoiled during the entire stay.
What about Jingle Cruise is any more campy or ridiculous than Jungle Cruise? It’s a silly, dated, yet quintessentially Adventureland ride. The story is that the skippers decorated for Christmas.

Also there are people in all of the regions represented who celebrate Christmas.

Spike-in-Berlin

JC is only dated because the ride hasn't seen a major refurb or plussing for decades, originally it was one of the superheadliner E-Ticket attractions. The more adventurous character that was originally planned for the attraction got lost when the skippers became more or less standup comedians and all more adventurous elements where sacrificed for political correctness, beginning e.g. with the cancelled shooting of the hippos. I consider the level of jokes has become a little overkill in the last years and I am increasingly annoyed by the behaviour of several skippers which takes the ride even the last remains of it's original atmosphere. It is the epitomic attraction of the entire Adventureland and if you want to realize what it means for the theming of the entire area, go to DLP to see how a Disneyland park without the JC feels. Uncomplete, something is missing, you never get that feeling of being in a remote outpost of civilization, bordering on the green hell of the tropical rainforest. I have videos shot in the early 90ies, skippers where also doing jokes at that time but not over the entire ride and there were more thrills too. With a MAJOR refurb, new state of the art AAs, a mixture of new and traditional elements, a more adventurous storyline and less corny jokes it could become a ride again that is more like the original intended character.
And why should the skippers decorate anything else beside their boats? Why decorate the rainforest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom