Conduct in Chit Chat threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi there,

I would just like to take a moment to outline a few things with regard to posting in the Chit Chat board.

1. Chit Chat is a board that is primarily used for posting any non-Disney dicussion. Whilst the bulk of the WDWMAGIC Forum is for Disney discussion, there will always be some topics that are discussed, but do not fit into any of the other boards. Chit Chat is specifically for these non-Disney topics. used properly, I believe Chit Chat is a useful board on the forum, and helps underpin a lot of the community feel here on WDWMAGIC.

2. We need to take some care in what we post, and how things are interpretted. There have recently been several threads with language that isnt suitable for a family audience. There are also instances of adults, talking with younger members in a way that can be interpretted as inappropriate for this site, and the age of some of the members. This forum will not tolerate any posts that can be interpreted that way. If this is something you wish to do, do it elsewhere, and not on this site.

3. Groups of members are posting in single, large threads. Whilst there isnt anything specifically wrong with this, small groups are forming, which then makes others feel unwelcome. These groups also tend to operate in a co-ordinated way, which can be damaging to the other areas of the forum.

4. The single, large threads, seem to be a source of considerable drama. Despite the fact that most of the members participating are adults, often, they decend into arguments and petty fighting that are more often found amogst 12 year olds on the playground.

5. Chit Chat is an extension of the main Disney discussion areas. Ultimately, the members should be here to talk mainly about Disney. There are an increasing number of people who are posting solely in Chit Chat. It would seem that these people are not here to dicuss Disney, which is of course the purpose of the site.

I would ask all of you to try to post in a way that makes WDWMAGIC a good place to be. Can we put an end to some of the drama, and pointless petty arguing that is currently going on, and try to return this part of the site to a fun, interesting, and welcoming place.

I will be paying extra close attention to this area of the site, and if things continue the way they are without any improvement, some changes will have to be made.

Remember, WDWMAGIC Forums are only as good as the members taking part. The vast majority of us want what is best for the site, and the community that has built up here. So please do anything you can to support that notion.

Thanks for reading.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Steve! :sohappy:

Maybe now we can all get a long a little better and move on with our regularly scheduled lives here at WDWMagic. The bickering of late has gotten very tiresome and I hope it ends here and now. Like you said, things are starting to sound like a bunch of 12 year olds on a playground. I know everyone here can behave better than that.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
wdwmagic said:
I would ask all of you to try to post in a way that makes WDWMAGIC a good place to be. Can we put an end to some of the drama, and pointless petty arguing that is currently going on, and try to return this part of the site to a fun, interesting, and welcoming place.

I will be paying extra close attention to this area of the site, and if things continue the way they are without any improvement, some changes will have to be made.

Remember, WDWMAGIC Forums are only as good as the members taking part. The vast majority of us want what is best for the site, and the community that has built up here. So please do anything you can to support that notion.

Very well said! I will be watching too, I teach 12 year olds so I don't have to be nearly as nice as Steve is! :lol:

wannab@dis

Can someone slap some glue on the back of this thread and stick it at the top? :D

Thanks for the hard work that you and the other moderators do Steve. I think we should listen up and help foster a better community for others to join. This is the BEST forum on the net and I would love it to stay that way.

Again, thanks for everything you do. :wave:

MKCP 1985

I agree and will do my best to help maintain the spirit of Disney magic here.

I also agree that this should be locked at the top of the page. :wave:

MerHearted

I understand what you're saying Steve, but why is this only being directed at Chit Chat when it goes on in the PML as well? If you want to bring an end to the large chat threads, then end them site-wide, not just in Chit Chat. Else, it would be favoring paying members over the general members.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
MerHearted said:
I understand what you're saying Steve, but why is this only being directed at Chit Chat when it goes on in the PML as well? If you want to bring an end to the large chat threads, then end them site-wide, not just in Chit Chat. Else, it would be favoring paying members over the general members.

I am not ending large scale chats, I don't see where you got that from.

The PML, by it's nature, has some different rules to other areas of the site. Issues relating to the PML are detailed inside the PML itself. Drop me a PM, or create a post in the PML if you have any queries on that front.

Thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Read, understood and taken to heart. :wave:

Birthday threads are still ok, right?

Of course!

There are no problems with 99% of the threads in Chit Chat.

Erika

wdwmagic said:
Of course!

There are no problems with 99% of the threads in Chit Chat.

OH good. I don't get to WDW very often... I have, for the most part, run out of things to contribute :eek:

All my info is terribly outdated.

MerHearted

wdwmagic said:
I am not ending large scale chats, I don't see where you got that from.

The PML, by it's nature, has some different rules to other areas of the site. Issues relating to the PML are detailed inside the PML itself. Drop me a PM, or create a post in the PML if you have any queries on that front.

Thanks

Ok, I took this as a condemnation of the large chat threads. I'm sorry if I misunderstood. I'm ok with the rest of what you said. This is a family site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom