Concept Art for WDW HM Updates

CThaddeus

And if that representation of the bride is anywhere close, it's gonna leave DL's Constance in the dust!!!!! :eek: :sohappy:

As someone who isn't impressed with the Constance at Disneyland, I'll be extremely interested to see The Magic Kingdom's next month. Like you said, if it looks like that picture, it will blow Disneyland's away, and I'll like it a lot more. I'm glad WDW is finally getting the floating Leota, though. That was a nice change, and the others look great, too.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I love how disney now adays spoils every single change to their rides before it opens. Whatever happened to the element of surprise? They did the same thing with Pirates.

Buried20KLeague

As someone who isn't impressed with the Constance at Disneyland, I'll be extremely interested to see The Magic Kingdom's next month. Like you said, if it looks like that picture, it will blow Disneyland's away, and I'll like it a lot more. I'm glad WDW is finally getting the floating Leota, though. That was a nice change, and the others look great, too.

I thought DL's Constance sorta looked like a huge bowling pin with a projection on it. :lol: But that being said, I still thought it was worlds better than WDW's green mannequin goofiness they had going on.

Judging by the pic in this thread, it seems we might get a cross of the two... The red beating heart, outstretched arms, floating... But better technology and more realistic.

My trip in December can't come soon enough!!! :sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

I love how disney now adays spoils every single change to their rides before it opens. Whatever happened to the element of surprise? They did the same thing with Pirates.

My guess is that WDI wouldn't have it this way, but that merchandising works as a separate entity and doesn't show that process much respect.

GrimGrinninAnna

Awesome pics. I'll be there opening day and can't wait.

The spoilers do ruin the surprise a little, but it also feels sooo good... like doing or seeing something you know you shouldn't! ;)

Dr Albert Falls

It appears the changing portraits are the ship, April/December, Cat Woman, Knight, and Medusa.

From what I understand, when they recently updated the technology at Disneyland, they removed April/December, supposedly because it did not work as well as other images (its now a 2 sided scrim instead of rear projection slides) I'm guessing it was the actual words "April/December" that gave them problems. If that was the case, I bet they had to remove the words from the new WDW version.

At DL, her portait was replaced with WDW's "Master Gracey" foyer portrait. Since they did not do that in the new WDW version, I guess its safe to assume that portrait is still in the foyer. I wonder if they found a way to improve it?

Also, notice how there is a chandeiler blocking the now empty wall above the hallway arch where the Sea Captain portrait used to be.

Finally, in the far background, does that look like new windows in the library as well? Or is it just something to fill the drawing?

Epcot82Guy

Yep. People come to see it if it is advertised. It's a lot like film advertisements really show a huge amount of films today. It ups your initial return, even if it tapers off quickly in the event of a flop. That's who runs Disney's (and most major studios') marketing depts., not necessarily theme park or location-based strategists and marketers.

These updates look so awesome! I love my mansion, and I'm so happy to see it receiving some much needed TLC. I really need to consider taking a vacation to the World, I would love to see the Mansion when it's finished.

CThaddeus

Yep. People come to see it if it is advertised. It's a lot like film advertisements really show a huge amount of films today. It ups your initial return, even if it tapers off quickly in the event of a flop. That's who runs Disney's (and most major studios') marketing depts., not necessarily theme park or location-based strategists and marketers.

It's also really no different than what Walt himself did on Wonderful World of Color/Disney or Disneyland: The Series. Walt showed the Imagineering of attractions, the building of the them, sneak previews of them, and on opening day, showed a good portion of Disneyland, too. I grew up watching those shows and eagerly anticipating the day when I'd get to go on whatever attraction was being touted, but unfortunately, there are no shows left like that today. It seems the internet is the place where we get our Disney Park sneak previews. Personally, I prefer the TV specials...but only because they usually involved more visuals. I'll take what I can get, though.

Epcot82Guy

It's also really no different than what Walt himself did on Wonderful World of Color/Disney or Disneyland: The Series. Walt showed the Imagineering of attractions, the building of the them, sneak previews of them, and on opening day, showed a good portion of Disneyland, too. I grew up watching those shows and eagerly anticipating the day when I'd get to go on whatever attraction was being touted, but unfortunately, there are no shows left like that today. It seems the internet is the place where we get our Disney Park sneak previews. Personally, I prefer the TV specials...but only because they usually involved more visuals. I'll take what I can get, though.

Oh i didn't mean to imply it was that different. I was merely giving reasons as to why it was today. It's all about building interest. In Walt's time it was because no one knew about this type of work. Today it's because the market is saturated, so competition is very high (despite what some think). Different versions, same approach. It does seem more now only because we have such greater access to information, and more channels are directed toward us fans because we look for them. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom