Concept Art for WDW HM Updates

Thessair

I absolutely cannot wait until the end of September to get down there and ride it. I'm sure I'll get my fix from all the folks who will be visiting the updated attraction when it reopens though!

emot-leota2.gif

CSUFSteve

I really thought when they opened the Mansion at WDW that it far exceeded the experience at DL....and I HOPE that the changes will WOW me once again! They have more space at WDW. It's really a matter of TLC.

I love MK's Mansion exterior - better than ours at DL - but I know others who prefer the Southern plantation look too so to each his own. And it's cool that MK has the library scene. But overall, and this is probably where the what-you're-used-to philosophy comes in, I like ours better.

One thing that is like scratching nails against a chalk board to me is, yeah, MK's got all this space, so what do they do?? The 2nd you walk out of the stretching room you're in a queue. The story is completely broken and there's nothing between the "elevator" you came from and the load belt you're waiting to get on. Contrast that with ours where, sure, even though you're obviously aware you're in a queue, the story continues with portrait gallery, busts, and various attempts to make it look like you are actually in a Mansion. Now, here's where Paris blows all of us away since the theme is NEVER broken. Even with ours, you leave the busts and even though the "ethereal nothingness" is supposed to be part of the story, it still feels to me like breaking the story.

But anyway, with all this space, I would have expected more from MK. Yeah, MK has a portrait hallway scene, but our equivalent is the queue. MK has a library scene with all the busts; our busts are also in the queue (granted, the library scene is obviously much more extensive), and MK has a piano scene which is neat b/c it's different, but nothing to get terribly excited about. And it's just weird to ride under Little Leota vs her being literally the last thing you see before you exit the Mansion - a great "plussing" to transition you from story to real world - vs MK where the last thing you do is get off the belt.

I am excited about MK's Mansion upgrades - eager to see while I'm there for Epcot's 25th. I like our Constance effect but agree it can be better. It'll be interesting to see if the effect really benefits from a technology upgrade. I like the film effect I guess b/c it reminds me of Little Leota and I've always loved that effect. And the blurb about floating Leota is interesting too since, yeah, sometimes ours can get out of sync and you can see how it's done. Hopefully they do something about MK's AA figures too - ours have much better movement.

BTW, does anyone know if HM has the lightning effect again? I saw a video about 10 years ago where Tony was excited that they were "restoring" HM's lightning effect and the video demo'd the effect. He explained that it wasn't done but he very clearly said it was being restored. I have never ever noticed lightning flashes like that around Mansion - DO they in fact do it and I've just missed it?? I know they light it differently for the Halloween Party, but that's not the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom