Concept Art for WDW HM Updates

Disneyfanman

I really thought when they opened the Mansion at WDW that it far exceeded the experience at DL. Over the years it has fallen into poor repair (lights and sound), with little effort to fix. 5 or 6 years ago, DL put a ton of work into their Mansion and even though it's a shorter experience, it quickly surpassed WDW's (all my opinion, of course). The last 3 or 4 times that I have been on WDW's ride, I have had sound that comes and goes, and I have been able to see more and more maint. issues that detract from the experience. One time they completely bi-passed the stretch room. It looks like they are fixing all of those issues at one time (vs. DL which has done stuff continually over the past several years) and I HOPE that the changes will WOW me once again! They have more space at WDW. It's really a matter of TLC. So I agree that if they do everything that I have heard about, that the WDW HM will be the BEST! Here's hoping!

tirian

The word "again" would imply that it actually was at some point in time.

Once upon a time, everything at WDW was bigger and better maintained than the equivalent attractions at DL (except, of course, for PotC). Then MK management stopped caring. Someone has lit a fire under their boots and has forced them to start caring about their park's maintenance again, and for that we say, "Thanks."

Dr Albert Falls

Assuming they don't cut out or alter the Doombuggy narration, the spiel through the new portrait hallway will be even more fitting!

"And no flash pictures, please. Our spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights."

Think about it. No flash pictures and bright lights in the place where bright flashes of lightning will make the sensitive pictures frightful!

Also, has anyone ever noticed that the stretch rooms have slightly re-arranged spiels between WDW and DL. Basically, the line "Kindly step all the way in please..." is spoken earlier in one version than the other. I'm assuming that has to do with guest flow, although both Mansions load the same way. Any other insight into this?

The WDW version of that Ghost Host Gallery spiel is actually the way Paul Frees originally recorded it. For some reason they opted to alter some of it for Disneyland's HM ...

MdCaterer

Oh man I would love to check out the new ride. We are there Sept 1 -8th any chance they will open early or need test riders???? A girl can hope....

DisneyDellsDude

Oh man I would love to check out the new ride. We are there Sept 1 -8th any chance they will open early or need test riders???? A girl can hope....

I heard that there is NO chance of opening early.
However, just a few days ago, someone was asked in with a small group of people to test the new audio scheme for the stretching room.

Epcot82Guy

Just pure speculation here, but I am wondering how our bride will be. I just had a thought... one of the new design elements WDI has in its toolbox is the mist projection "screen". That is one of the coolest effects in the new POTC, and I would think that could be adapted quite easily for a misty fog effect in the attic scene. I know people had said WDW's bride would be upgraded, and how cool would it be to see a mannequin or something else enveloped in fog and then become a more life-like bride through projection?

Anyway, just a thought I had in the very misty/flowing bride pic featured.

Nicole220

My wish came true! Today, Al Lutz reported that Disneyland's HM will be getting the new stuff that will be going into MK's HM. :sohappy:

Here's hoping that the new effects will live up to our expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom