Conan Disney World Gun Joke...

dznygirl64

Sorry but no one will ever beat Carson.Dave was funny in the early 90s.I really dont watch anyone never watched Leno do the tonight show it should have been given to Dave.

kimmychad

There are two main complains about Leno's new show:
1. It's too much like the old show.
2. It's too different than the old show.

To me, I think he tried to change too much too quickly. His old set up was working well. I felt he kept the show 25% similair, and tried to change 75% of it. He should have let the show evolve to that point.

one of the reasons I followed leno to the 10 pm slot was because he brought so much from his old show.

monologue - check
headlines - check
his banter back and forth with kevin - check.

just seems like to me he really wants to say "welcome to the tonight show", but then he stops short. so far the only thing I've noticed missing from the old show is the desk. oh and John Menendez, he's gone too. It almost seems like they couldn't think of an original show to put in the 10pm slot.

hrcollectibles

It was cute, but he also left a national audience with the impression that someone was arrested in one of the parks with a loaded gun, which was inaccurate.

Conan's humor just isn't cutting it with me. I hope they do put Jay back on at 11:30.
:hurl:

I hope Jay Leno gets canceled he is very unfunny.. Conan is far more entertaining that Leno

EpcotServo

I'm a fan of the Stewart/Colbert power hour myself.

The best talk show currently on late night is Craig Ferguson by leaps and bounds.

These^

I just can't get into Late Night talk shows. (Daily Show/Colbert don't count though, they're in a league far beyond talk shows thankfully)

My opinion on the big network talk shows are best summed up by Conan guest starring on Futurama bit:

Professor: "Let's go get some of that fresh mountain air to forget about the moldy old antics of Conan O Brian."

*the rest nod and agree, walk away...*

Dr. Zoidburg: "We can only hope..."

:lol:

_Scar

I think most can agree, Jay and Conan (and maybe even Jimmy!) crush Letterman. Letterman is like the senior citizen version of Jay Leno- except Jay crused Letterman. Plus Letterman is so AWKWARD. Did you see his interviews with McCain and Obama? Horrible. He cheated on his wife and confessed on TV? Who does that!?! And who keeps bringing it up show after show? I ony know this since its been mentioned numerous times on websites I view and it kinda makes me want to rip my ears out.

I liked Jay's old show better... but NBC never really had a great 10 oclock lineup.

Wilt Dasney

So any theories on why Leno's ratings have gone in the toilet since he left the Tonight Show? It sounds like he's doing the same exact show.

RSoxNo1

Lol, Leno moved his show because of $ Money $!!!

I also must say... Leno > Conan

Leno moved his show because Conan had a clause in his contract that if he doesn't get the Tonight Show in 2009 he can go elsewhere.

There were rumors about Leno going to ABC or elsewhere but this worked out (in theory) as something that appeased everyone. NBC was getting cheaper programming and a built in audience at 10:00 (normally the dramas on at 10:00 are significantly more expensive to produce). The problem is both Leno and Conan aren't doing as well in the ratings.

EpcotServo

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
~Benjamin Franklin

"It's always about how better you are compared to us, isn't it Benjamin? We all know you only go to bed early because of the booze."
-Thomas Jefferson

_Scar

"It's always about how better you are compared to us, isn't it Benjamin? We all know you only go to bed early because of the booze."
-Thomas Jefferson

"All of Thomas Jefferson's quotes are epic wins. And I cannot tell a lie."
-Abe Lincoln

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom