Trip Report **COMPLETED** The trip that almost didn't happen (thanks to Baltimore)

Hey everyone!
We got back about a week ago now from a short trip. I debated about even writing a TR but I have a bunch of photos so why not?

Who?
The usual...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_9478.JPG

Where?
The Boardwalk :)
I stole this photo off the internet - for some reason I did not take any daylight photos of the Boardwalk
P23682_EXT_ZEF253.JPG

When?
November 15-18, 2018

Why?
No reason other than we wanted to attend a Christmas Party and I was able to shuffle a few hours around so I could miss a Friday of work (since I only work 4 hours on Fridays anyway)

Day 1 November 15, 2018
I had to work my usual Thursday and thankfully got out on time so I could get to my parent's house and get ready to head to the airport.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

I was a little stressed out because there was a storm approaching Buffalo and it was supposed to hit right at the time our flight took off. Before we left for the airport it was already delayed 15 minutes but that did not seem too bad so we headed to the airport and of course got there in no time. The Southwest counter was actually quite crowded but we still breezed through security.
We stopped to get something to eat at the Anchor Bar
isBrFZskTJGG2lidp8MkgA.jpg

We split our usual appetizer platter of wings, boneless wings, and regular wings with a side of fries (because apparently the rest of it was not fatty enough...)
DCAf9e3wQmKYFkg5AM0EwQ.jpg

Ga4LPCDCTyCJfMrjtXqmMw.jpg

Our food was fine but I was starting to get so stressed out because nearly everyone around us had their flights canceled or super delayed. It was a bit odd because it wasn't super bad in Buffalo but it must have been bad everywhere else.
We went and sat at our gate and our flight was delayed by 30 minutes at this point so we decided to get a sugary snack to kill some time.
We actually thought this snack was turtle chocolates and it was popcorn :joyfull:
QHRhqsm+RTyaowutK9g4pQ.jpg

Next up: more airport drama

Last edited:

Balki228

Excellent trip report so far!!!

I was actually there from November 13-17 with my 2 yo daughter and my parents. We were at the MK in the evening on the 16th and saw on your Instragram you guys were heading to the Party so I kept an eye out but did not see before you left around 630p. The craziest thing was our dinner that night was at Columbia Harbour House too, we sat upstairs and we were amazed at how not busy it was to eat!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Excellent trip report so far!!!

I was actually there from November 13-17 with my 2 yo daughter and my parents. We were at the MK in the evening on the 16th and saw on your Instragram you guys were heading to the Party so I kept an eye out but did not see before you left around 630p. The craziest thing was our dinner that night was at Columbia Harbour House too, we sat upstairs and we were amazed at how not busy it was to eat!

Awww bummer ! I wish we saw each other !We were so close!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We stopped to go the restroom in America
I don't remember these restrooms before. Are they fairly new @Tuvalu ?? I swore they used to be on the other side of the building.
IMG_0247.JPG

Then we stopped for a PP picture
IMG_0312.JPG

Then it was time for dinner. You guys will never guess where!
Hint:
IMG_0248.JPG

Another hint:
IMG_0250.JPG

Thats right...
IMG_0249.JPG

I finally convinced my Mom (and myself if I am being honest) to try Morocco! I'll be honest I got nervous and tried to find us a different reservation while we were at the pool but could not find anything :joyfull:)
Woohoo!
We elected to eat outside which was a slight mistake because it was freezing but thankfully we had layers to put on!
IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

We started off with the imported olives (for my Mom) and hummus (for me)
Sorry it was so dark out (obviously)
IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Then we shared the Mix Grill Skewers
IMG_0257.JPG

I realize now how terrible of a picture this is :joyfull: I was having major anxiety over the dumbest things at this dinner so I feel like I wasn't focusing. Anyway, it was all good! We especially enjoyed the rosemary potatoes! All in all we did enjoy our meal but both said we would feel fine with waiting another few trips before eating there again. :hilarious:
After dinner we debated about what to do. Ultimately we decided to head out since we had an early Magical Express pick up. My Mom suggested we walk around the Boardwalk then head back to the room to pack a bit.
Oh, we stopped for this blurry PP picture in France
IMG_0311.JPG

It occurred to us that we could pop in and see the Christmas decorations at the Boardwalk Resorts while we walked around so we popped into the Beach Club first. I always wanted to see this Gingerbread carousel! Its so pretty!!!
DSC_0534.JPG

DSC_0536.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

Then we popped in the Yacht Club
DSC_0540.JPG

This train display is ADORABLE
DSC_0544.JPG

DSC_0546.JPG

DSC_0548.JPG

Next up: more Christmas decor

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0558.JPG

When then decided to stop for some ice cream at Ample Hills
IMG_0279.JPG

I believe my Mom had butter pecan and I had ooey gooey butter cake
IMG_0278.JPG

We both enjoyed it ! It was our first time eating ice cream here :)
Then we headed back to the actual Boardwalk resort and took a 100 Christmas photos
DSC_0560.JPG

DSC_0564.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

Next up: more photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

Then we headed off to bed for an early morning wake up call

November 18, 2018 Day 4
We got up at 3 am and got ready to head to DME :( SO EARLY!!!! We even had to bring our own bags to check which we never had to do before :cry:
DSC_0575.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

And sadly soon enough we were back home from another lovely trip!
Thanks for reading :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The restrooms in America aren’t exactly new....they opened in the fall of 2013....but the original restrooms on the left side of the pavilion are still there. Perhaps you’ve only ever visited those?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The restrooms in America aren’t exactly new....they opened in the fall of 2013....but the original restrooms on the left side of the pavilion are still there. Perhaps you’ve only ever visited those?

Oh wow - I have literally never been in them before and they looked so clean! :joyfull::joyfull:

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! Looking forward to your NYE adventures!

Thank you! I'm mentally preparing myself for NYE - even just packed a book under the assumption that the crowds will get to me and we will be spending a lot of time at the resort :hilarious:

I'mwatchinguWizowski

Thank you! I'm mentally preparing myself for NYE - even just packed a book under the assumption that the crowds will get to me and we will be spending a lot of time at the resort :hilarious:[/QUOTE]

I’m doing the same thing!! Hopefully it won’t be to bad but either way it’s Disney!! I’ll have to keep an eye out for you after reading your past few trip reports! Where are y’all staying next trip?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom