Trip Report **COMPLETED** The trip that almost didn't happen (thanks to Baltimore)

Hey everyone!
We got back about a week ago now from a short trip. I debated about even writing a TR but I have a bunch of photos so why not?

Who?
The usual...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_9478.JPG

Where?
The Boardwalk :)
I stole this photo off the internet - for some reason I did not take any daylight photos of the Boardwalk
P23682_EXT_ZEF253.JPG

When?
November 15-18, 2018

Why?
No reason other than we wanted to attend a Christmas Party and I was able to shuffle a few hours around so I could miss a Friday of work (since I only work 4 hours on Fridays anyway)

Day 1 November 15, 2018
I had to work my usual Thursday and thankfully got out on time so I could get to my parent's house and get ready to head to the airport.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

I was a little stressed out because there was a storm approaching Buffalo and it was supposed to hit right at the time our flight took off. Before we left for the airport it was already delayed 15 minutes but that did not seem too bad so we headed to the airport and of course got there in no time. The Southwest counter was actually quite crowded but we still breezed through security.
We stopped to get something to eat at the Anchor Bar
isBrFZskTJGG2lidp8MkgA.jpg

We split our usual appetizer platter of wings, boneless wings, and regular wings with a side of fries (because apparently the rest of it was not fatty enough...)
DCAf9e3wQmKYFkg5AM0EwQ.jpg

Ga4LPCDCTyCJfMrjtXqmMw.jpg

Our food was fine but I was starting to get so stressed out because nearly everyone around us had their flights canceled or super delayed. It was a bit odd because it wasn't super bad in Buffalo but it must have been bad everywhere else.
We went and sat at our gate and our flight was delayed by 30 minutes at this point so we decided to get a sugary snack to kill some time.
We actually thought this snack was turtle chocolates and it was popcorn :joyfull:
QHRhqsm+RTyaowutK9g4pQ.jpg

Next up: more airport drama

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
More Toy Story Land
IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_9864.JPG

IMG_9874.JPG

IMG_9879.JPG

Oh! I also finally got to meet Guy Behind the Magic (from instagram)! He was SO nice! He asked us where we were from and said he had some friends up in Buffalo :) We told him we were on a short trip but coming back for NYE and he looked at us like we were nuts :joyfull: He made sure we knew it was going to be crazy :hilarious:
IMG_9884.JPG

Then we watched Slinky Dog for awhile because he's adorable!
IMG_9887.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

Finally we pulled ourselves away from Toy Story Land. We missed our FP for Aerosmith (on purpose since we both had pretty bad headaches which I assume was weather related) so we headed towards Tower of Terror.
Also, in case you could not tell from our clothes it was pretty cold out - even for us northerners!
I thought this Christmas decoration was extra adorable. It reminded me of something we used to have when I was growing up :)
IMG_9896.JPG

My hair is nuts - clearly I need a haircut :joyfull:
IMG_9897.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG

Next up: more HS

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We stopped for this PP picture which in my mind was going to be a lot cuter than it was :joyfull:
IMG_9967.JPG

Anyway, we finally made it to Tower of Terror! We both decided that since we went on Guardians of the Galaxy so many times in DL this would not frighten us as much :joyfull:
DSC_0259.JPG
DSC_0260.JPG
DSC_0262.JPG
DSC_0263.JPG

IMG_9966.JPG

Clearly we were still scared :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_414491356883.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_414491357001.JPG

We headed over to see Gertie after this :)
IMG_9902.JPG

IMG_9904.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_9905.JPG

IMG_9906.JPG

We had lunch reservations at 50's Prime Time so we checked in!
It was actually pretty dead in there so it made for some good photo opportunities
IMG_9907.JPG
IMG_9908.JPG
IMG_9909.JPG

We were seated very quickly so I actually ran out of time to take more photos :)
DSC_0265.JPG

IMG_9912.JPG

IMG_9913.JPG

For weeks I had been wanting a milkshake. I have no idea why since that is not typically something I would have but I kept saying I was going to hold off until 50's Prime Time and finally try the Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake!
IMG_9920.JPG

IMG_9921.JPG

It was delicious! I am so glad I finally tried it! I was nervous because I am not a huge fan of jelly but the PB was definitely the main flavor :)

Next up: more lunch

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
For lunch we ordered the beer battered onion rings
IMG_9924.JPG

And the Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes (Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings)
We usually get just the chicken but I wanted to try the Pot Roast and I never actually had meatloaf....ever. Something about meat being in a loaf form seems unnatural to me but my Mom said that I would actually probably like it so we gave it a go.
IMG_9923.JPG

The pot roast is hidden under the chicken :joyfull:
The meatloaf was good - spicy actually and different than I expected. The chicken, post roast and potatoes were great. The meatloaf was probably a one and done for me but we both agreed next time we eat here we would consider getting the chicken and post roast full meals and sharing :)
Our "cousin" Tom was actually from Rochester which is not too far away from Buffalo :) He kept referring to us loudly as "BUFFALO" :joyfull:
I got yelled at twice - once for not finishing my meatloaf (which I tried to hide under a napkin) and the second time for having my camera out :) :inlove::hilarious:
After our lunch we stopped to get some PP pictures before heading out.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_414502353738.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_414502353740.JPG

IMG_9925.JPG

IMG_9926.JPG

We spotted some Storm Troopers on the way out :)
IMG_9927.JPG

Next up: Disney Springs!

BrerWayne

Day 2 continued
View attachment 328682
View attachment 328690

We had lunch reservations at 50's Prime Time so we checked in!
It was actually pretty dead in there so it made for some good photo opportunities
View attachment 328683View attachment 328684View attachment 328685
We were seated very quickly so I actually ran out of time to take more photos :)
View attachment 328681
View attachment 328688
View attachment 328689
For weeks I had been wanting a milkshake. I have no idea why since that is not typically something I would have but I kept saying I was going to hold off until 50's Prime Time and finally try the Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake!
View attachment 328686
View attachment 328687
It was delicious! I am so glad I finally tried it! I was nervous because I am not a huge fan of jelly but the PB was definitely the main flavor :)

Next up: more lunch
PB&J milkshake is the best! If I didn’t have kids I’d just order that with nothing else. But, I have to set an example for the kids.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We had plans to go to Disney Springs after HS since we missed it the night before. I hate that there is no easy way to get there before 4. We were on a fairly tight schedule so decided to take a Minnie Van (especially since the bus stops and everything else is also pretty far away). I forgot they changed the pricing so it cost way too much and was not worth it for this - should have walked to get an Uber. I feel like now its only worth it for MK where they drop you off right there (and we did have to do this the next day). With all the construction, also, we had to go ALL the way around HS to get to DS :joyfull:
Anyway, we asked to be dropped off on the East Side (or as I called it the Marketplace) and landed right where the tree trail was! Perfect! This is exactly what I wanted. The entrance is actually on the other side so we popped in a few shops before heading in.
DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

IMG_9929.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

IMG_9931.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

IMG_9932.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

Next up: more and more trees

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
It was pretty crowded hence why half my photos are from weird angles or far away :joyfull:
IMG_9934.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

The Haunted Mansion Tree was probably my favorite
DSC_0287.JPG

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9937.JPG

IMG_9938.JPG

It was right around here that there was a snack place and I saw they had gingerbread cookies so I went up to buy one. CM: perplexed "we don't have gingerbread cookies only sugar cookies." o_Oo_Oo_O My Mom and I look at each other and look up at the menu where it clearly says gingerbread and looked back at the CM like ....??? :hilarious::hilarious: It was so weird!

Next up: more.. you guessed it...trees

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

I also really liked the Toy Story tree!
IMG_9948.JPG

They have the same ornament on it thats in Toy Story Land and I'm obsessed with it....I wish they sold it!
IMG_9949.JPG

Actually the parks tree which is the last one is really cool as well
DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0319.JPG

Phew! Thats a lot of trees sorry! They were all so cool though! I can not imagine how much time it must take them to put them all up! I bet they are even prettier at night - maybe next time we are there we can see that :)
After our tree viewing we headed to get my Mom some ice cream.
Sea Salt Caramel Sundae as usual :)
IMG_9951.JPG

Then we did some shopping in World of Disney (which is super nice now BTW) before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the evening!
IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

Next up: Christmas Party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom