Trip Report **COMPLETED** The trip that almost didn't happen (thanks to Baltimore)

Hey everyone!
We got back about a week ago now from a short trip. I debated about even writing a TR but I have a bunch of photos so why not?

Who?
The usual...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_9478.JPG

Where?
The Boardwalk :)
I stole this photo off the internet - for some reason I did not take any daylight photos of the Boardwalk
P23682_EXT_ZEF253.JPG

When?
November 15-18, 2018

Why?
No reason other than we wanted to attend a Christmas Party and I was able to shuffle a few hours around so I could miss a Friday of work (since I only work 4 hours on Fridays anyway)

Day 1 November 15, 2018
I had to work my usual Thursday and thankfully got out on time so I could get to my parent's house and get ready to head to the airport.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

I was a little stressed out because there was a storm approaching Buffalo and it was supposed to hit right at the time our flight took off. Before we left for the airport it was already delayed 15 minutes but that did not seem too bad so we headed to the airport and of course got there in no time. The Southwest counter was actually quite crowded but we still breezed through security.
We stopped to get something to eat at the Anchor Bar
isBrFZskTJGG2lidp8MkgA.jpg

We split our usual appetizer platter of wings, boneless wings, and regular wings with a side of fries (because apparently the rest of it was not fatty enough...)
DCAf9e3wQmKYFkg5AM0EwQ.jpg

Ga4LPCDCTyCJfMrjtXqmMw.jpg

Our food was fine but I was starting to get so stressed out because nearly everyone around us had their flights canceled or super delayed. It was a bit odd because it wasn't super bad in Buffalo but it must have been bad everywhere else.
We went and sat at our gate and our flight was delayed by 30 minutes at this point so we decided to get a sugary snack to kill some time.
We actually thought this snack was turtle chocolates and it was popcorn :joyfull:
QHRhqsm+RTyaowutK9g4pQ.jpg

Next up: more airport drama

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0460.JPG

Worst PP picture ever - I swear there is always too much sun in this area that they never look good
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414511684882.JPG

I don't know why I never noticed that Splash Mountain comes all the way down here o_O
IMG_0165.JPG

We headed towards Main St so we could do some shopping :)
IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Our last FP was to meet Mickey so we could wish him a happy early Birthday
We signed his Birthday card first :) (this was actually our second time signing it if I'm being honest)
IMG_0174.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414514295346.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414514295347.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414514239358.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414514239361.JPG

Next up: more MK

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The Mickey Santa sugar cookie did have a very odd taste. :depressed: I will share in my TR what Woody said it tasted like. :joyfull:

I think last year began the 6 pm close for MVMCP. This year both MNSSHP and MVMCP had 6 pm closures for day guests.

krause

. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized it was made with POG juice :)

Oh my goodness a mimosa with POG juice is the best idea ever 😍

She said they were really good! We both enjoyed our meals and we would probably come back to the Plaza again but maybe try lunch or dinner instead.

Your mom is definitely the Mickey waffle expert, so I would trust her opinion on this :joyfull:

I don't know why I never noticed that Splash Mountain comes all the way down here o_O

I’m always so surprised when I see pictures of this bit of the ride!

AKemily

Look at the price tag :hilarious::hilarious:
img_9848-jpg.328481
So clever! And 11/22/1995 was the day Toy Story was released! They think of everything.
Oh! I also finally got to meet Guy Behind the Magic (from instagram)! He was SO nice! He asked us where we were from and said he had some friends up in Buffalo :) We told him we were on a short trip but coming back for NYE and he looked at us like we were nuts :joyfull: He made sure we knew it was going to be crazy :hilarious:
I saw his post on instagram and was so thrown when it was with someone I recognized!
After our lunch we stopped to get some PP pictures before heading out.
photopass_visiting_studio_414502353738-jpg.328703
This magic shot with Sven is adorable!

I'm finally caught up on your report! However, I think I'm not caught up on your Disneyland one... I have so many to go back to! Loving this report so far!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The Mickey Santa sugar cookie did have a very odd taste. :depressed: I will share in my TR what Woody said it tasted like. :joyfull:

I think last year began the 6 pm close for MVMCP. This year both MNSSHP and MVMCP had 6 pm closures for day guests.

:joyfull::joyfull: Can't wait to hear! Oh nice - I don't remember it closing early last year but I probably wasn't paying attention :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh my goodness a mimosa with POG juice is the best idea ever 😍

Your mom is definitely the Mickey waffle expert, so I would trust her opinion on this :joyfull:

I’m always so surprised when I see pictures of this bit of the ride!

I know ! POG juice is so good!!!!!! It was the best mimosa I ever had!
I think she would probably say that she likes the Mickey waffles at 1900 Park Fare better because she thinks they are the best !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So clever! And 11/22/1995 was the day Toy Story was released! They think of everything.
I saw his post on instagram and was so thrown when it was with someone I recognized!
This magic shot with Sven is adorable!

I'm finally caught up on your report! However, I think I'm not caught up on your Disneyland one... I have so many to go back to! Loving this report so far!

Oh I didn't even pay attention to the date! Thats awesome!!!
That happened to me once with Guy Behind the Magic too I saw my sisters and I was so confused :joyfull:
Thanks for reading :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Mickey we decided to get a quick lunch at Friar's Nook
When we heard that the Mac and cheese was back we had to go try it again :hilarious:
IMG_0173.JPG

Next time we would probably ask for just the plain Mac and cheese because the bacon was a bit much and we took most of it off :) All in all though we were happy to have Mac and cheese back on the menu :)
After our lunch we headed towards Main Street Bakery to grab a treat
Sugar cookie for my Mom and gingerbread cookie for me :) Finally got my gingerbread cookie!
DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0467.JPG

They were delicious!
I was missing a work meeting this weekend and one of my co-workers texted me to say I was missing a "great meeting" (jokingly)...so I sent him this picture :)
IMG_0171.JPG

After this we said goodbye and headed out of the Magic Kingdom.
It was finally pretty warm out so we headed to the pool to soak in all the sun we could get
Creepy clown pool!!
DSC_0473.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

DSC_0475.JPG

We played some foosball when we got there. My Mom, who has never played foosball ever before, was kicking my butt.
It was like 4-0 at some point :)
IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

I wish I could have just sat there forever it was so nice in the sun.
IMG_0198.JPG

Next up: more pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Christmas cup!
IMG_0186.JPG

My Mom got a drink for us to share called Tilt-a-Whirl (Absolut Citron Vodka, Chambord, and Lemonade)
IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

It was not as good as we thought it would be and my Mom ended up knocking it over by accident anyway so we barely drank it :joyfull:
After our pool time we got dressed so that we could head to Epcot
But first, some random Boardwalk photos
DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG

DSC_0482.JPG

DSC_0483.JPG

DSC_0484.JPG

DSC_0484.JPG

DSC_0485.JPG

Next up: more randomness

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom