Trip Report **COMPLETED** The trip that almost didn't happen (thanks to Baltimore)

Hey everyone!
We got back about a week ago now from a short trip. I debated about even writing a TR but I have a bunch of photos so why not?

Who?
The usual...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_9478.JPG

Where?
The Boardwalk :)
I stole this photo off the internet - for some reason I did not take any daylight photos of the Boardwalk
P23682_EXT_ZEF253.JPG

When?
November 15-18, 2018

Why?
No reason other than we wanted to attend a Christmas Party and I was able to shuffle a few hours around so I could miss a Friday of work (since I only work 4 hours on Fridays anyway)

Day 1 November 15, 2018
I had to work my usual Thursday and thankfully got out on time so I could get to my parent's house and get ready to head to the airport.
IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

I was a little stressed out because there was a storm approaching Buffalo and it was supposed to hit right at the time our flight took off. Before we left for the airport it was already delayed 15 minutes but that did not seem too bad so we headed to the airport and of course got there in no time. The Southwest counter was actually quite crowded but we still breezed through security.
We stopped to get something to eat at the Anchor Bar
isBrFZskTJGG2lidp8MkgA.jpg

We split our usual appetizer platter of wings, boneless wings, and regular wings with a side of fries (because apparently the rest of it was not fatty enough...)
DCAf9e3wQmKYFkg5AM0EwQ.jpg

Ga4LPCDCTyCJfMrjtXqmMw.jpg

Our food was fine but I was starting to get so stressed out because nearly everyone around us had their flights canceled or super delayed. It was a bit odd because it wasn't super bad in Buffalo but it must have been bad everywhere else.
We went and sat at our gate and our flight was delayed by 30 minutes at this point so we decided to get a sugary snack to kill some time.
We actually thought this snack was turtle chocolates and it was popcorn :joyfull:
QHRhqsm+RTyaowutK9g4pQ.jpg

Next up: more airport drama

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Our bus ride home was VERY long. I forgot that they stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht AND Beach Club resorts before the Boardwalk!
Oh well - it just meant no big break - just get dressed and ready right away!
IMG_9955.JPG

IMG_9958.JPG

I got new ears! Well...and also a new light up necklace and we both got new Spirit Jerseys (we did a lot of damage at World of Disney).
IMG_9964.JPG

We headed to the bus stop and waited quite a bit of time so we took a selfie while we waited
IMG_9969.JPG

Anyway, eventually we made it to the Magic Kingdom :)
DSC_0322.JPG

IMG_9980.JPG

We met some really nice people in line for our next PP picture who a. could not believe we had flip flops on and b. when I explained it was because we are from up north were shocked to hear we were AP holders! I thought that was funny - they were from Florida and were surprised when I said I know a lot of people outside of Florida who have APs :joyfull: I was - in turn - shocked when she told me how much cheaper Florida Resident APs are o_O
IMG_9978.JPG

First cookie! This one wasn't great :joyfull:
IMG_9970.JPG

We headed over to POTC next since we had a FP there
DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0325.JPG

Next up: more POTC

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
What a nice pic of your Mom.

I'm here! I feel your pain with the flight issues after my debacle in July. I am like you, I stress out SO MUCH about flight stuff and get super irritable. Can't change who we are :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Add me to the list of stressed out travelers. I’ve missed a flight once & have vowed to arrive at an airport super early. And to try not to travel during winter months, especially up north! :cool:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0328.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0338.JPG

We figured we should eat some dinner so mobile ordered at Columbia Harbor House. I insisted it would be nuts in there since it was dinner time and it was dead :joyfull::joyfull:
We split some chicken nuggets
IMG_9971.JPG

Also, for some reason when I ordered it gave me the option to add on a side of mac and cheese - yes please!
IMG_9972.JPG

I also got us these push cake pops for Mickey's Birthday. I promised @sheriffwoody that I would try some Birthday treats but this was the only one I managed to get
IMG_9975.JPG

IMG_9976.JPG

The food was great but those push pops were :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:
The cake was definitely not cooked. I wish I only got one :joyfull: We didn't eat much of them (obviously) for fear of salmonella :facepalm:

Next up: more party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a nice pic of your Mom.

Add me to the list of stressed out travelers. I’ve missed a flight once & have vowed to arrive at an airport super early. And to try not to travel during winter months, especially up north! :cool:

Thanks I like that photo of her!
I stress out about traveling in the winter so much sometimes I wonder why I do :joyfull: But then again you never know - our flight from California was delayed for hours due to mechanical failure so I guess it doesn't matter

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
It was around 6 pm at this point. They announced that the park would be closing now which I thought was interesting. I'm probably wrong but I thought the park usually closed at 7 pm to non-party guests? Either way it made the transition much nicer. I had a thought to go scope out the Winnie the Pooh line so we did. There were only 3 other parties on front of us and the sign said they came out at 6:30 so we decided to wait.
I was skeptical but the CM confirmed that they would be coming out at 6:30! Woohoo! This is an advantage for sure of them closing the park earlier - although a lot of people got in line and were "shocked" when CMs told them they had to leave because the park was closed.
Sure enough the gang came out at 6:30 pm. Well - the gang other than Eeyore which was weird.
IMG_9988.JPG

IMG_9989.JPG

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_9986.JPG

Sure enough JUST as we finished our photos Eeyore came out o_O:banghead:
We were both like "Oh we just missed Eeyore" and the CM just stared at us like yep and essentially pushed us out of the line :bawling:
I was so bummed! Also a bit confused. Why not just wait for all of them to be ready to come out. It was like 6:40 at this point I think the crowd would have been OK with it :facepalm:
The girl behind us in line wanted a photo of "just the friends" so I took this stalker like photo :)
IMG_9984.JPG

I don't know why I was so bummed about it but I was - I even texted @sheriffwoody about it :joyfull:
We headed over to Fantasyland after this because I was curious what the wait was like for other characters. I forgot they moved the dwarves inside - their wait was like an hour and a half or something. It was between Santa Goofy and Minnie/Daisy for us and Santa Goofy won out. All and all we waited just about 20 minutes for him (most of which was just waiting for him to come out).
IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

So...just after 7 we already had two character meet and greets - a big improvement from our usual party experiences (well besides Disneyland).
After this we decided to get a treat - the peppermint cookies in Fantasyland are our favorite and they did not disappoint :)
Then we decided to ride Barnstormer
I spy a Tron poster
IMG_9990.JPG

Then we headed over to Dumbo
DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0360.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

DSC_0365.JPG

After our ride we headed out towards Cosmic Rays to get some hot chocolate because for once at a party we were actually cold. But, we got distracted by Club Tinsel first. We LOVE Club Tinsel. I just think it's so fun!
I especially love the elves, bears, and reindeer that dance with you!
I was taking photos of this one reindeer and he spotted it :joyfull:
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

We then compared bells around our necks :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

I was dying ! It was so funny!
Anyway, we eventually left Club Tinsel to get some cookies and hot cocoa
IMG_0016.JPG

Next up: more Christmas party

sheriffwoody

Day 2 continued
View attachment 329623
View attachment 329626
View attachment 329627
View attachment 329628
View attachment 329629
We figured we should eat some dinner so mobile ordered at Columbia Harbor House. I insisted it would be nuts in there since it was dinner time and it was dead :joyfull::joyfull:
We split some chicken nuggets
View attachment 329624
Also, for some reason when I ordered it gave me the option to add on a side of mac and cheese - yes please!
View attachment 329625
I also got us these push cake pops for Mickey's Birthday. I promised @sheriffwoody that I would try some Birthday treats but this was the only one I managed to get
View attachment 329630
View attachment 329631
The food was great but those push pops were :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:
The cake was definitely not cooked. I wish I only got one :joyfull: We didn't eat much of them (obviously) for fear of salmonella :facepalm:

Oh man!! Now I feel bad :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Gotta go with a cupcake next time. Though from what I saw, they were mostly at the resorts. I know the Grand and Contemporary had one for the birthday, and maybe Pop Century?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That Christmas Tree Trail looks awesome! I didn’t know it was so long and each tree looks amazing! May have to check it out next weekend

It was really cool! If you have the time definitely check it out! It was much longer than I expected and every one had so much detail!

Oh man!! Now I feel bad :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Gotta go with a cupcake next time. Though from what I saw, they were mostly at the resorts. I know the Grand and Contemporary had one for the birthday, and maybe Pop Century?

Not your fault that it was not cooked :joyfull::joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our treat we headed to the Peoplemover
DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0370.JPG

DSC_0371.JPG

We then headed to Main Street to see the parade. We got stuck in a high traffic area but eventually made our way to the hub to our usual spot where we stand on the concrete ledges (still not sure why they don't yell about this) and watch. I listened to a podcast recently that said it was not that hard to find viewing for the Christmas parade. Um...what....I beg to differ....
Look at all the people!
DSC_0384.JPG

Anyway - I am going to force you to look at my really bad photos...
I am just never destined to see the parade from a good spot because I refuse to sit down an hour and a half before the parade and I never have the energy to see the late parade :joyfull:
DSC_0388.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0399.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

Next up: a whole bunch of castle photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
A bunch of castle photos
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

We headed back to Club Tinsel since the bears were now out. I'm convinced that the reindeer are only there in the beginning of the party because they are eventually needed for the parade :joyfull:;)
IMG_0066.JPG

Could they also be a little less "scruffy" - seems like they partied a bit too hard :joyfull:
IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

Next up: more Club Tinsel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

Somehow after this we ended up with some dove chocolate from a treat place then back on the Peoplemover
IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

I was sleepy
IMG_0023.JPG

But also pensive :joyfull:
IMG_0090.JPG

We actually rode Buzz after this but I will spare you the photo because it is awful. My Mom won this round!
We were a bit late for the start of fireworks but eventually made it down to Main Street to see them
IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Next up: finishing off the party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

Then it started to snoap (snow soap)
IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

We were about to head out but decided to pop in and see Mickey first!
His line was very short and Jack and Sally (who are in Main Street Theatre now) had a "short" wait as well (I think about 45 minutes but it did look much shorter).
He had a bunch of Birthday cards from his pals
DSC_0415.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414506506100.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414506506102.JPG

He is so cute in his Christmas outfit!
Mickey pointed out himself on our shirts and I said "its like you own the place or something" and he genuinely laughed :joyfull:
Anyway, then we did actually head out. I saw a Boardwalk bus pulling up so we literally sprinted - like I was out of breath from sprinting. All for no reason since they were changing drivers :joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_0107.JPG

And off to bed for us !
Next up: Day 3!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 November 17, 2018
We got up, ready and headed to the bus stop :)
However, the first bus did not come until 8:15 (park opened at 9) :arghh: so we had to take a Minnie Van to the Magic Kingdom because we had breakfast reservations!
Our CM driving us was really sweet and soon enough we were at the Magic Kingdom!
We had a bit of time to take some photos
IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414508577129.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414508435198.JPG

We had breakfast reservations at the Plaza so we headed there!
This was our first time eating here and we were excited! I booked this reservation as soon as I saw they started ordering breakfast
DSC_0427.JPG

DSC_0428.JPG

We got seated very quickly after check in!
I spy a cool light :)
IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

It was VERY sunny where we were seated
IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

We were told the beverage options and decided to partake in a mimosa. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized it was made with POG juice :)
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG

Next up: more breakfast

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
IMG_0133.JPG

For breakfast I ordered the steak and eggs
IMG_0134.JPG

The eggs were meh but everything else was great! The steak looked super pale but it was cooked perfectly :)
My Mom got the Mickey waffles (Three Mickey Waffles topped with Powdered Sugar and Mickey Sprinkles on a spread of tasty Banana Pastry served with Bacon, Sausage, and a side of Fruit)
IMG_0135.JPG

She said they were really good! We both enjoyed our meals and we would probably come back to the Plaza again but maybe try lunch or dinner instead.
We finished breakfast just at rope drop so we headed towards Tomorrowland
DSC_0434.JPG

We headed to Buzz first ... of course :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8290175386.jpeg

Then we headed to Space Mountain for our first FP!
We saw some school kids who tried to get in the FP line but did not actually have a FP. I could have guaranteed they would hop over the rail in the stand-by line to get over to the FP lane and sure enough they did. Only .... they did not realize there was a second FP check point. BUSTED. :joyfull::joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8290181795.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8290184821.jpeg

New exit photos :D I was the weirdo tourist who was taking photos of an exit :joyfull:
DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

Next up: more MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom