Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of the Three Backpacks

Hi all! As I am fighting through Disney depression I figured I would start my TR to see if it helps...:inlove:

Who?
The usual....my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_406381236239.JPG

When?
January 17 - January 21, 2018 - originally it was supposed to be the 18th - 21st but the vacation creep hit us :inlove:

Where?
Originally we planned on staying at Pop Century but my sleep deprived self changed to the Grand Floridian while at the airport going home from our last trip :joyfull: We fell in love with it last trip and I found a decent rate so we switched. Also I am neurotic and was worried about staying at a value with all the kids during the peak of flu season
IMG_5395.JPG

Why?
Some little birdies told me they were going to Disney and it only took one mention on the forum to get me down there :joyfull::joyfull:

Day 1 - January 17, 2018
Our flight wasn't as early as our last trip so we were able to sleep in - only I was wide awake at like 6 am :joyfull:
So we got up and ready and did some last minute packing before heading out
Usual date pictures my Mom makes us take :)
DSC_7597.jpg

DSC_7600.jpg

Anyway we were out the door by 7:20 am and ready for a quick trip the airport. Only, it wasn't. It wasn't supposed to snow this morning so I wasn't even stressed out about it but it was snowing pretty heavily which turned our 15 minute drive into a 45 minute drive. I mean....people were driving like they had never seen snow before which was obnoxious! Thankfully we had TSA precheck (although security was dead anyway) so we got through security in like 2 minutes and we were back on track time wise.
We had some breakfast....our usual bagels!
DSC_7603.jpg
DSC_7608.jpg

My Mom wouldn't take a normal picture :joyfull:
DSC_7611.jpg

After breakfast we had a short wait to board our plane. We boarded quickly but sadly we were stuck de-icing for 20 minutes before we could even leave.
Gangs all here
DSC_7612.jpg

Magic Band twins
DSC_7613.jpg

Our flight was extra long for some reason...usually its like 2 hours and 20 minutes max and this time it was almost 3 hours o_O I'm sure the weather had something to do with it but it was annoying :joyfull: Everything felt like it was in slo-mo this morning which is torture when you just want to be in Disney!
First stop: fonorail!
DSC_7619.jpg

Next up: more airport fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
It was pretty sunny out so we decided to sit by the pool....but still not warm enough for bathing suits :joyfull:
DSC_8218.jpg

DSC_8219.jpg

We decided to get a snack so I got my Mom a Mickey Bar...enjoy her selfie :joyfull:
file-9.jpg

DSC_8215.jpg

I got a cheese plate since I saw it on the menu months ago and wanted to try it. Turns out it was the same cheese plate we got a few days previously :p
IMG_6042.JPG

Well since we can't sit still we decided to pop into the MK for a few things! We wanted to take the boat since we were not in a particular hurry :)
DSC_8222.jpg

DSC_8223.jpg

We got cold again (probably from the boat ride :joyfull: ) so the coats went back on
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408193224826 (1).JPG

DSC_8225.jpg

We had a FP for IASW so we headed there first!
DSC_8226.jpg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Our names popped up!
DSC_8233.jpg

DSC_8234.jpg

DSC_8235.jpg

I picked up another FP for Dumbo so we headed there next
DSC_8238.jpg

DSC_8241.jpg

We were going to head out of the park after this but walked by Tinker Bell and she was listed as a 10 minute wait!
Turns out she had a 0 minute wait - when we walked into the room she was all alone!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408195324303.JPG

We also noticed that Mickey had a short wait as well so we hopped in line for him. This was during the F of F parade hence the short lines!
In total we waited 20 minutes for Mickey so not bad
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408196024459.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408196024470.JPG

After Mickey we headed out so we could go back and pack :cry:

Next up: random pictures and the third backpack

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After we packed up we wandered around the GF grounds
IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6048.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

Hello Poly!
DSC_8246.jpg

IMG_6053.JPG

My Mom looks likes she's modeling for the Loft :joyfull:
IMG_6057.JPG

It was during this time we noticed that my Mom's brand new backpack was ripping along the shoulder part! We debated what to do about it but ultimately decided to head up to the gift shop and see if they could replace it. I felt super anxious about it and did not want to sound like we were complaining but it was only 4 days old! I think I blurted it out to the CM and she was so nice about it and telling us that definitely should not have happened only after a few days! She filled out some paper work and soon enough we were off with backpack number 3!!!!
IMG_6058.JPG

Next up: dinner!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Finally it was almost time for dinner! We headed to the 1900 Park Fare check in desk and @sheriffwoody and her friend met up with us just as I was getting in line to check in! We waited about 20 minutes for our table but worked out perfectly because @blgauger walked in just as we got our table ready text!
As @sheriffwoody noted it was packed in there so I was super happy when we got seated in the back corner! She also already talked about it but we made friends with the woman at the table next to us who was so sweet and offered to take all our pictures for us :)
Cinderella was so funny! She was saying it was nice that we all got a break from the guys and how everyone needs that :joyfull: She also said she was glad we brought a mouse with us (me...with my ears :joyfull: )
DSC_8250.jpg

Step mother was up next and was asking everyone about how many castles they have :)
DSC_8253.jpg

The stepsisters were hilarious!!!!!! I was not expecting them to be as funny as they were! And, they spent a lot of time with us!
DSC_8254.jpg

DSC_8256.jpg

DSC_8257.jpg

DSC_8259.jpg

DSC_8261.jpg

DSC_8262.jpg

That was probably the best character meal we've ever had in terms of character interactions! Everyone (except boring old Prince Charming) spent a ton of time with us!
The food was good too!
I know I ate a giant salad at some point...
Then I ate all kids foods...the Mac and cheese was especially good!
DSC_8264.jpg

I don't think I ended up ever eating anything from the carving station :hilarious: In general I struggle with eating at buffets...especially when they are on the last night of our trip and I have anxiety about traveling the next day :joyfull:
Some desserts
DSC_8265.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Most importantly strawberry soup with gummy bears :happy:
DSC_8266.jpg

Selfie with our new friend!
IMG_6065.JPG

Then the Photopass pictures :)
IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

We will defintely be back to 1900 Park Fare for dinner!
It was a bonus to have such an awesome dinner and experience with my WDW Magic (and new) friends too! I wish I could remember what we talked about...although I do remember talking about flu shots and tuberculosis.....weirdo medicine me :joyfull::joyfull:
I'm so lucky to have made so many friends from here and it was especially nice having dinner with these ladies to catch up with them since we already met back in the summer!
After dinner we hopped on the monorail and to the MK to meet up with @prfctlyximprct !
Nicole and I had met before but that was a long time ago (at least it feels like it) so it was nice to see her again too!
DSC_8267.jpg

I was glad she was able to find us since it was so packed!
Some terrible HEA pictures...I am way to short for good ones when its crowded!
DSC_8270.jpg

DSC_8271.jpg

DSC_8272.jpg

After our short time with @prfctlyximprct we parted ways and the rest of us headed to POTC! Note to self it is very hard going the other way on Main Street when everyone else is leaving :) My Mom had her foot run over by a stroller at one point :devilish:
Finally we made our way to POTC and parted ways with @sheriffwoody , her friend, and @blgauger . I was sad to say goodbye but I know I will see them again eventually :)
We had a very short FP wait for POTC and I was pleased we were not squished on the boat with more people :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8164097838.jpeg

After our ride we stopped in the Emporium (literally can not remember why but I know I bought something). My Mom took this light picture for you guys :)
DSC_8280.jpg

Then...we sadly headed out of the park and took a boat back home :(

Next up: last morning:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

prfctlyximprct

Fell a bit behind but I’m all caught up!! Glad they were able to replace your moms backpack no issue! I have yet to replace my spirit jersey :( think I might just order more ;)

I want to eat at Mexico again! The ambiance there is sooo beautiful! Your soup looks really yummy and warm! Crazy to think of wanting warmth in Disney :p

It was nice to meet up again! And I hope we cross paths again in the future :) Disney friends are the best of friends! Still sad I couldn’t join you guys for dinner :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom